Manchester United Talk banner

If........ Ronaldo left

1K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Jesus Hitler 
#1 ·
I know he won't for another 2-3 seasons. But if h did and we got the quoted 75 million£ who would you like to come in and what would you want the team to be next year. Mine would be :

--------------Akinfeev-------------

Rafael-----Vida------Rio------Evra

Ribery-----Hargreaves---Carrick--- Young

------------Rooney ------Berbatov

#5 ·
It is dangerous, our attacking potential would be a danger to any team in our path.

I don't know what i would do if Ronaldo went, i'd love the management to have a few scenarios in place ready but so much can happen over a season. Players we believe are indespensible to other clubs now, could find themselves wanting a transfer with Old Trafford being at the top of their list, who knows what could happen...the money is there!

#6 ·
red dave said:
Why is it dangerous because Ribery is one of worlds best and young is very talented that why !;)
Ohhh i get you know, soz lol..... Dangerous in a good way :D

Somehow thought you meant dangerous for United lol.

Imagine the lonk ups with Rafa and Ribery, and Evra and Young...... we would be king of the wings:D

#15 ·
Cappy said:
Yeah, Fergie wouldn't want anyone to replace the player who just finished winning every major award from last year. He would totally think that Nani and Park would be up to filling his shoes. :rolleyes:

If that was a dig at my comment then you've read it out context.The first post is banging on about players that WONT be here like Ribery/Young and some Keeper .Im merely saying the face of United as a whole wont change because Ronnie leaves.YES,we will replace him with who no-one knows.But on the face of it our team will remain very very similar.As for Nani,he wont be there

#17 ·
Rooneys_Temper said:
If that was a dig at my comment then you've read it out context.The first post is banging on about players that WONT be here like Ribery/Young and some Keeper .Im merely saying the face of United as a whole wont change because Ronnie leaves.YES,we will replace him with who no-one knows.But on the face of it our team will remain very very similar.As for Nani,he wont be there

Fair enough, I agree with you on that, but only cause I don't think Ronnie is our face right now. Well maybe he is our face, but Rooney, Rio, and Vidic are the heart of United. ;)

#24 ·
If we seel Ronaldo, we should also sell Nani.

What ever money we get should be put into buying a striker, a goalkeeper and 2 wingers.

Winger:
1st Choice: Franck Ribery. A left-sided winger who can cut in a and function like an attacking midfielder
2nd Choice: Ashley Young: A left-sided winger who is equally good on the right.

Striker:
1st Choice: Karim Benzema. To me, he represents all the qualities one would wish for in a striker., plus he regularly also plays on the left at Lyon too.
2nd Choice:: Samuel Eto'o. A deadly marksmen with a winners mentality.
3rd choice: David Villa. A clinical finisher, who only needs a quarter of a chance.

Goalkeeper:
1st Choice: Hugo Lloris. Amazing shot stopper, who does everything well.
2nd choice: Igor Akinfeev. Equally impressive
3rd choice: Rene Adler. Crazy reflexes, needs to work on his positioning.

Since we would also have extra money, we should make a bid for Bakary Sagna. IMO, the best right back in the league. Rafael, does not possess his athleticism.

Having said that, Wes Brown is a very capable right back, so I wouldn't be bothered about this position.

Rooney - Benzema

Ribery - Hargreaves - Carrick - Young

Evra - - Vidic - - Ferdinand - - Brown

Lloris​

Subs:
Foster, Evans, Rafael, Anderson, Tosic, Berbatov, Welbeck

p.s. I'm asuming Tevez is out of the picture too ;)

#25 ·
RedForceRising said:
If we seel Ronaldo, we should also sell Nani.

What ever money we get should be put into buying a striker, a goalkeeper and 2 wingers.

Winger:
1st Choice: Franck Ribery. A left-sided winger who can cut in a and function like an attacking midfielder
2nd Choice: Ashley Young: A left-sided winger who is equally good on the right.

Striker:
1st Choice: Karim Benzema. To me, he represents all the qualities one would wish for in a striker., plus he regularly also plays on the left at Lyon too.
2nd Choice:: Samuel Eto'o. A deadly marksmen with a winners mentality.
3rd choice: David Villa. A clinical finisher, who only needs a quarter of a chance.

Goalkeeper:
1st Choice: Hugo Lloris. Amazing shot stopper, who does everything well.
2nd choice: Igor Akinfeev. Equally impressive
3rd choice: Rene Adler. Crazy reflexes, needs to work on his positioning.

Since we would also have extra money, we should make a bid for Bakary Sagna. IMO, the best right back in the league. Rafael, does not possess his athleticism.

Having said that, Wes Brown is a very capable right back, so I wouldn't be bothered about this position.

Rooney - Benzema

Ribery - Hargreaves - Carrick - Young

Evra - - Vidic - - Ferdinand - - Brown

Lloris​

Subs:
Foster, Evans, Rafael, Anderson, Tosic, Berbatov, Welbeck

p.s. I'm asuming Tevez is out of the picture too ;)
I think that is for sure now. He is definitely gone and in all fairness to Fergie it has been an ingenius loan signing. Imagine we have had a world class striker on loan at the club for the past season and all he has cost us is 6 mil. Now it's time to bring in one of the above mentioned strikers.

#26 ·
Berbatov08 said:
I think that is for sure now. He is definitely gone and in all fairness to Fergie it has been an ingenius loan signing. Imagine we have had a world class striker on loan at the club for the past season and all he has cost us is 6 mil. Now it's time to bring in one of the above mentioned strikers.
Correct. Fergie signed Tevez on loan for 6mil, got some late goals out of him and now he's showing some unhappiness and the mob that owns his registration don't want to budge, so we might as well let him go.

I'm not saying this is the way you treat football players, but we're not dealing with the usual situation here. We're dealing with a shady agent, who represents a shady clan, who want a ton of money for a striker who is NOT worth 32million pounds. It's just not good business.

I'm also concerned the circumstances regarding his transfer have troubled him to the point where he can't really be effective for us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.