Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen many mentioning the like of Alves, Benzema, Huntelaar, Lahm, Berbatov and Micheal Owen(Scouser?) and to the one that even come out with Jan Koller?

But what do we really need most for next season... We have to be realistic, knowing that SAF had spent quite a big amount for the likes of Nani, Hargreaves, Tevez and Anderson... Can we really splash in for a Striker and a Right Back...

During this period I know many supporters of Rooney are feeling rather vexed and impatient on his finishing. Seeing that there's a need for a new clinical finisher for United. Forno reason in this season he just couldn't find his scoring boots but he does lead the assist in Man Utd. His work rate is definately a thumb's up for me. So please stop complaining on him, spare the lad, I don't think he feel good having to know a midfielder, his team mates is chasing for the golden boot. :(

Back to my question...
I would go for the right back of Alves, expensive though but he's world class and with him wanting to exit La Liga, I wouldn't want to see him with any of the other big 3... So my choice would go for Alves, Right back... No additional of strikers as I put my faith in Rooney Tevez, Saha and Manucho. If not we might have to end up like Liverpool rotating the strikeforce. :eek:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Only one signing? What player we should sign depends on who's leaving in the summer and the fitness of some of our old guys. IF Scholsy, Giggsy and Carrick wont stay fit or leave (Carrick) then maybe we need a new midfielder. IF Gary Nev wont recover and Wes leaving we would really need a right fullback and we would be one short of the central defenders. I still think Pique could develope to fill the spot for Wes but he gotten limited chances so far so maybe Fergie dont see him take over yet. IF Ed will start to feel his age in his body maybe we should look at the goalkeeper situation. Sure, Kuz and Foster is good players but can you see United win the treble with any of them with the No 1 shirt? We havent won much without a solid goalie.
I saved the best for last. Fergie can sign as many as he likes, and the checkbook can take. ;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i will go for benzema(if he was available *sigh* )
he is the perfect type of striker...fast,great finishing,heading(i think)
so would prefer benzema..

·
23,699 Posts
akash_reds said:
i will go for benzema(if he was available *sigh* )
he is the perfect type of striker...fast,great finishing,heading(i think)
so would prefer benzema..
Benzema already extended his contract and prefers Spain or Italy anyway. Move on or to quote some member here, "jog on".;) :D

This is actually a good thread. If we can only sign ONE, who should it be? Narrows down all possibilities to one you think is the MOST CRITICAL signing of all. Challenging.

For me, it has to be the right back instead of my second choice, a striker. We are still the top scorer in England. We still have a midfielder that scores more than the strikers and who knows if Fergie browses through K4T's thread, may just convert him like Wenger converted Henry so successfully. Hence to me, it can't be the most critical.

Yes, Alves must be the best option for the right back position imo too. Brown is playing hard to get a bit, Gary probably will not be as good as he was given the long-term injury and his current age, Simpson is too young and raw, O Shea is left-footed, Pique is too big to be a right back imo, lol...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
A good right back who could put in some decent crosses would gie us a different edge. I'd love Alves, but for his defensive qualities, as well as strength going forward I would have to go with Philipp Lahm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
RedForceRising said:
A good right back who could put in some decent crosses would gie us a different edge. I'd love Alves, but for his defensive qualities, as well as strength going forward I would have to go with Philipp Lahm.

Philip Lahm would be my choice of full back if we were to sign one.

Striker wise it would be berbatov.The guy oozes class in a cantona sort of way

·
Registered
854 Posts
no a centre forward for me. berbatov is the one type of player that we dn't hav and if fergie cut the attitude crap he would be sum player for us.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I would go with Daniel Alves or Lahm..both equally good for me and a rb is 1st priority for me because neville is always injured and brown has not signed a contract yet...

But I think we can afford both a striker and rb..we are one of the richest clubs on this planet so thinking we cannot afford it is bollocks..one thing I like about Glazer is if Fergie thinks we need to strengthen an area of the squad, Fergie is fully backed with financial cash to do it!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
migueldadon said:
micah richards
City probably wont let him go to a rival club,so he out of the equation.Philip Lahm all the way for me.He has the mind of an midfielder,great passing,pacy and two-footed and can play on either wing.To me,he is a natural left wing back.

·
Banned
47 Posts
VERSA I have to pull you up on something. How can you possibly believe that O'shea is left footed, I have never even seen O'shea kick the ball with his left foot.
O'shea's left foot is only for standing on, he does everything with his right foot. I cannot believe someone who watches Man Utd on a regular basis can think that O'shea is left footed. In regards of who I think we should sign, P.Lahm at right back is all we need, Fraizer Campbell will return to the Man Utd squad next season along with Manucho so a striker is not needed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts