Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then all is not lost,as something will always crop up to take away the view of not winning anything.For instance we won the treble,the hype lasted 5 minutes,we won a magnificent double last season,all this was overshadowed by That Boy Cryaldo.It seems to me that we get ourselves worked up over the possibilty of not winning something for one season,that we stop enjoying the football on display.When jose won back to back with Chelski,not much was said,when Arsenal went all season unbeaten,people said they fluked it and we were so boyont about taking away there record that no-one cared.Im just taking a step back and enjoying the game for what it is,if we don't win anything this season then we will the next.The only downside to this whole theory is that if the bin dippers win it we would NEVER hear the end of it,so as long one ofthe london clubs does it over Rafa an his bunch of tesco shelve stackers then all is well in the world.:p

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Is this a self note ? lol. Yeah I agree with some points. If we do not win , There's always a next year.

BUT , that doesnt mean we cant win this season.... Sure we can. We are undefeated in Europe. Only us and Le Arse in CC of top 4. Fa Cup's not begun yet.

So theres a lot of football to be played

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I will feel miserable for a while and then start to plan for the bouncing back. But im glad you wrote the word IF....
So it wont happen.:)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
How could you forget the glory of our penalty shoot-out victory in the Community Shield? :p

These days it's always a big deal when United don't win a trophy, at least for the media and glory hunters who have to spend their summer deciding which club they should 'support' next season. :rolleyes:

If we don't win a trophy I won't be too concerned...as long as the Scousers don't win the Prem or the Champions League.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
if we don't win this year we will win the another ? :)

we can't always except a winning squad every season

low down your expectations people, us winning the double don't mean we can everything every year

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
this is the reason why we should take the carling cup seriously and go and win it , it will be hard work to retain our title from the position we now find ourselves in .
we should keep the pot simmering and win a trophy and this in effect will inspire the players to better things , if utd had not won the carling cup 3 seasons ago i doubt that our premiership and champions league feats would have materialised so this trophy is more important than most fans think , its all about belief .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
IF we win nothing else in addition to what we have already this season, I'll be happy IF
Nani learns to pass
Rafael developes niely
Fabio turns out to be just as talented
Berba scores a whole bunch of goals / or a whole bunch of moments like against WH
The lads at least really try on the field.

If we don't win trophies, but at least play like we want to I do not mind! Never have actually....

·
23,699 Posts
abojodeh said:
if we don't win this year we will win the another ? :)

we can't always except a winning squad every season

low down your expectations people, us winning the double don't mean we can everything every year
Is that you, Abo? You have been transformed?! :confused: :eek: :D ;)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Then all is not lost,as something will always crop up to take away the view of not winning anything.For instance we won the treble,the hype lasted 5 minutes,we won a magnificent double last season,all this was overshadowed by That Boy Cryaldo.It seems to me that we get ourselves worked up over the possibilty of not winning something for one season,that we stop enjoying the football on display.When jose won back to back with Chelski,not much was said,when Arsenal went all season unbeaten,people said they fluked it and we were so boyont about taking away there record that no-one cared.Im just taking a step back and enjoying the game for what it is,if we don't win anything this season then we will the next.The only downside to this whole theory is that if the bin dippers win it we would NEVER hear the end of it,so as long one ofthe london clubs does it over Rafa an his bunch of tesco shelve stackers then all is well in the world.:p

Good post mate...good points, and that one on Ronaldo too.

WE won't win something EVERY season, and some fans can't grasp the fact. If we
won the treble EVERY seaon or 3 out of every 5 or something like that....it would
all get a bit boring in ways, no challenges, no other teams title to take and claim
as our own.

Hear it so many times, but with success comes expectations. We're EXPECTED to
win everything by some.

Anyone fancy a relegation battle? :p

·
23,699 Posts
In this context, I am not just interested in Fergie's and the players' reaction(s) but would also be equally keen in the fans' reactions, especially in this forum.

Looking into my hazy crystal ball.....

IF we don't win a title this year, the following, not mutually exclusive, can happen at this forum and fans can probably be segregated into the corresponding 3 major groups:

1. Outcome accepted philosophically and life goes on. Free flow of encouragements, positive talks and perhaps some slogan-shoutings for the next season.

2. Outcome grudgingly accepted with some moanings and lamentations, and a detailed and thorough post-mortems conducted.

3. Outcome unaccepted and frustrations vented on this forum. All hell breaks loose here and heads will roll. Some players and their most vocal supporters will inevitably be targeted and getting the full fiery of a backlash.

Having said that, I am still confident we will not go empty handed this season... at this moment. I mean, "the season is still long", "we always peak after Christmas", "we always make life hard for ourselves"... :rolleyes: :D ;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
RedForceRising said:
IF we win nothing else in addition to what we have already this season, I'll be happy IF
Nani learns to pass
Rafael developes niely
Berba scores a whole bunch of goals / or a whole bunch of moments like against WH
If we don't win trophies, but at least play like we want to I do not mind! Never have actually....[/QUOT

well if that lot comes off we would definately have won something

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
If we win nothing this year i have no problem changing the team i support..... i might swap the red of Manchester and jump on the much improving blue ship lol!

·
23,699 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
If we win nothing this year i have no problem changing the team i support..... i might swap the red of Manchester and jump on the much improving blue ship lol!
I pray not. Abo, the Transformer, might hunt you down for the rest of your life. ;)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Nani learns to pass
Rafael developes niely

If we don't win trophies, but at least play like we want to I do not mind! Never have actually....

you left out Fletch :D

sorry, couldn't resist throwing the bait out there

I fully accept and expect my banning

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
wont do any harm, you cant win everything.
although i cant see us finishing the season empty handed, not winning the prem could spur the players on, make them more hungry, sometimes you dont realise what you have until its gone.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
stretty said:
RedForceRising said:
Nani learns to pass
Rafael developes niely
If we don't win trophies, but at least play like we want to I do not mind! Never have actually....[/QUOT

well if that lot comes off we would definately have won something
agree with you to the fullest mate

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i really do hope pool wont win the league or champs league....i have a 2 pool friends and a scouser bro.... :eek: so i wont hear the last of it.......
but hopefully we can get some silverware...........i really think a champions league back to back win wont do any harm!! :p

i think the main challenge in the BPL this season has to be chelsea...and to a lessrer extent liverpool.....
in the CL it has to be chelsea again and also barca...both of them are on a roll this season and are scoring lots of goals....very interesting...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts