Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering now, after listening to a bit on the radio earlier.

If we won all 5 trophy's this season, will Fergie call it a day, as he can't top that, and what a way to bow out! What do you think?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont think so.. itd be wierd team without fergie.
Yeah...he's been there all my life...will look weird with someone new! :( He's like the Dad of the club.

I hav emy doubts on what will happen if we take all 5. I'd be leaning toward him staying, but...:mellow:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
dont think so.. itd be wierd team without fergie.
it's gotta happen someday pal, and what better way than to match the scouse league record. get to within one of the champions leagues.
then again, getting level in the league and one away in the CL would probably make him want to keep going until he beats them all.
he has a young squad in a very healthy position, but i still fear something of an exodus when he goes. new manager brings new style, new staff, new approach, and probably new players.

S

·
0 Posts
He'll call it a day when he is good and ready, as he's said himself many times before.
He says he doesn't spend time thinking about it, neither do i.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
If all these years and countless trophies hasn't diminished his hunger, I doubt a quintuple would.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
His challenge was knocking liverpool off there perch. He has done that. He only needs 3 more trophies to become more successful. Will He Retire? No Chance

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Fergie's aim isn't to win five trophies.

He aims to win as many as possible but
two in particular, the more the better.

He doesn't care about the most trophies
won in a year record.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Nah no chance, I actually can't see him retiring next year either, if he did retire after 2009/10 imagine how bad hat would be - Scholes/Neville/VDS and Giggs will all retire and then SAf as well :eek:

But if I was Fergie I'd quit if I won 5 trophies, but I can't see us winning the 5 anyway.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't know. It's hard to say.

On the one hand, I think he would be tempted because he'd go out on a high and it would be best to go out then.

But, on the other hand, it is Fergie we're talking about so perhaps not ;) :p

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
We won't win all 5.
in the words of Obama -yes we can

it will be highly unlikely but at the end of the day its 11 against 11 so i cant see why we cant beat anybody on our day! not getting my hopes up but its not impossible!

anyway it will be weird not seen Fergie on the sideline hes been here way before i was born :eek: but i think he will be giving a role within the club like sir Bobby Charlton was so he wont be gone forever and will be there to advise the new manager if he needs it IMO!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
he will do a jock stein in my opinion despite claiming years ago that seeing jock die made him certain he would retire at 60

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Zuco is right, we won't win 5 trophies for starters.
And i'm with Sal's way of thinking, as in i don't sit and think about when he'll call it a day, he'll be done when he's ready.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Not a chance.

Health is the only thing that will get Fergie out of this job. I've said ever since the u-turn in 2002.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't think so. Thats not the way Fergie works. I think IF - and remember its a monumental if - we were to win all 5, Fergie will see it as a catalyst for more success for Man United, he will not even think about his own achievement. He will see it as a way to attract the best the world has to offer and to continue the success further.

And not being able to top it? Try telling that to Sir Alex.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts