Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
My first thought on this was ..Big Dunc or Eddie Coleman.

Then after a bit of thought i changed my mind.
Why ?

Put Big Dunc ( or any Babe) on one of todays pitches with any of the skilled players in the premiership ( not just United ) and the heroes to so many would be made to look fools.
On the pitches/mudbaths/fields of yesteryear Dunc or Eddie would wipe the floor with any player of todays world and so would any of the Babes.

So my only choice would be King Eric. Not just for his playing skills and teamwork but for his heart and inspiration that he gave to every player on Uniteds team out on the pitch.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
well...Roy Keane...and Eric Cantona....i would love to see him play along Rooney....and Georgie Best with Ronaldo...what a team would that be...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
George Best......Eric Cantona.........Duncan Edwards.........Roy Keane.........Peter Schmeichel........Sir Bobby Charlton.......Denis Law.......OMG! There's so juz so many! Must we choose one??? :confused: :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
If I had to choose one he'd be Eric Cantona. But if I could choose one, why not more? So my winning 11 choice would be:
Peter Schmeichel
Gary Neville Jaap Stam Rio Ferdinand Denis Irwin
David Beckham Roy Keane Paul Scholes Ryan Giggs
Eric Cantona (C)
Ruud van Nistelrooy

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I am quite happy with the current squad, considering over starting 11
Van der Sar
neville rio vidic evra
ronaldo scholes anderson giggs
rooney tevez

if i were to replace someone in the team, i would go for bryan robson with anderson(i choose robson over keane because from wat i know, robson is more of a match winner than keane), and eric cantona with tevez, and maybe schmeichel with van der sar

i cant go way back coz i wouldnt know about the legendary trio under Sir Matt Busby

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read what "Salford" said about Duncan Edwards and while he may have a point about the quality of the pitches and the skill level of opponents, saying they would look fool is over the top. I never saw Duncan play personally as I was a generation later so will bow to Salfords first hand knowledge. The one player I would love to be gracing Old Trafford today still played on more muddy pitches against hackers and thugs and still made them looks stupid amateurs: the one and only George Best (bless his soul).

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id say Roy Keane the legend and put him back in the middle with Scholesy.
It would be hard to improve the current squad to be fair.
Or bring back Bestie. Him and Ronnie on each wing would be simply unfair to opposing defenders.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I would bring back Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in his days of fitness and form. Coming off the bench and making an impact. He was such a weapon, that was so reliable. Fantastic finisher!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ole and the King -vs- the world.

in a 2 v 1,000,000 match I think "the world" would just barely nudge out as the favorite. To be fair, I would predict a 2-2 draw

1 - 20 of 44 Posts