Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You remember the ad where those two little boys were playing street football and they just started picking all these famous footballers?

One boys says Zidane, the other say Lampard and they keep going until the first boys say Beckenbauer & the other laughs.

Then a young Beckenbauer walks in. The other boy catches on and says Platini. That ad was great...

Wouldn't it be awesome if United could do that. Just say we wanted a 20 year old Zidane and he would appear.

I just wanted to ask if we could just name a player and he would appear in his prime who would you guys pick?

I'd probably go Zidane, (Brazilian)Ronaldo, Suker, Larsson, GEORGE BEST, CANTONA & Ferenc Puskas. In no particular order.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i think a certain mr maradonna would have set old trafford alight,he was definatley the best player in my lifetime that i have seen {from the mid 70's }.
maradonna did things that nobody else would dream of doing ,its a great shame that he tarnished his image by taking drugs and getting involved with the wrong people.but in the mid to late 80's he was simply untouchable and i like to remember that player not the pathetic person he is today.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
sweet fa said:
i think a certain mr maradonna would have set old trafford alight,he was definatley the best player in my lifetime that i have seen {from the mid 70's }.
maradonna did things that nobody else would dream of doing ,its a great shame that he tarnished his image by taking drugs and getting involved with the wrong people.but in the mid to late 80's he was simply untouchable and i like to remember that player not the pathetic person he is today.
Junkie, overweight, cheat - great role model :rolleyes:

dlan4327 said:
Hmmm. Is the idea really that absurd?:eek:
Not at all, I just do not believe in hyperthetics

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It would be interesting to see how the legendary Pele would have performed for United in the Premier League.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Red Devil said:
Junkie, overweight, cheat - great role model :rolleyes:

Not at all, I just do not believe in hyperthetics

red devil you must be an englishman ,pity you never saw the other goal when he beat 6 of the england team and scored he then did the same to the belgium team ,i call that brilliance and there is no way maradonna was a junkie at that stage of his carear , he was simply the greatest.
in later years he did disgrace the game and shame himself thats for sure but sadly he was in a position where the mafia had a very big interest in him and he took the bait,but at his innocent best he was untouchable pele and besty were of the same calibre but they were finishing in my childhood so i didn't really see them only clips on film.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts