Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you was SAF and could choose any player for free from the premier league who would it be???

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm tempted to say Torres. I wanted him at United before he moved to Liverpool but now he's been tainted with the dreaded Scouse disease I'm not so sure.

Ashley Young looks like a fantastic prospect so I'll go for him.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
ashjr91 said:
If you was SAF and could choose any player for free from the premier league who would it be???
for me it would be a toss between essien or Torres as hey are the two positions were lacking as well as goalkeeper but threes no real stand out goalkeeper in the premiership tbh the two best for me are given and fridel

essien would give us the drive in midfield that were lacking at the moment Anderson has that sort of drive but we don't see it often enough tbh and essien is the best all round midfielder in the premiership if not the world

where as Torres you could argue that we have berba Rooney and tevez but none of them are out and out goalscorers or natural finishers like torres and he would add a diffrent dimension up front the scouse got a bargain in him at 20 mill :(

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
abojodeh said:
Ashley Young since we lack a winger and hes the best in that position
would you have him over Torres and essien though?

im a big fan of his and hope one day we try and go for him but at the moment hes not world class hes not played in Europe so for me at the moment id have Torres or essien can we have all 3 for free?:p

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Are we really lacking wingers?

Players who can play either LM or RM in our squad and are natural wingers:

Ronaldo
Park
Nani
Tosic
Giggs (even though he will be used in the centre more he can always play on the wings when needed)

Players who have played there before and can if needed:

Fletcher
Hargreaves
Rafael

We perhaps needed a winger when Giggsy moved to the centre of midfield but thats why we bought Tosic imo lol

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
sparkic said:
Players I would sign from the EPL if I could for free would either be Torres, Fabregas, Essien or Cech
i wouldnt rate cech in the top 3 keepers any more tbh hes lost it ever since that injury hes not the keeper he was imo

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
sparkic said:
Would be good back up to VDS imo lol
i suppose haha id still rather given or friedal though tbh! we could always get him to clean fosters boots though ;)!

the positions we need players are a strong center midfielder who takes no nonsense and a out and out goalscorerer and for when Edwin goes a commanding keeper who's not just a shot stopper :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
cantos red army said:
i wouldnt rate cech in the top 3 keepers any more tbh hes lost it ever since that injury hes not the keeper he was imo
I agree^^^
Cech isn't even anywhere near top 10 keepers anymore. It's simple..... he's gone!

We need a CM, a quality CM. Hard to say but Gerrard would be the player we need.:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VaVaVoom said:
I agree^^^
Cech isn't even anywhere near top 10 keepers anymore. It's simple..... he's gone!

We need a CM, a quality CM. Hard to say but Gerrard would be the player we need.:(
gerrard is a quality player but because he is a liverpool fan i would hate to see him play for us

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
I agree^^^

lmao. I pray you're joking.

Name ten keepers better than Cech plz.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts