Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that over the past couple of years Blackburn tend to have a player who stands out, and then they have to fend off interest in the summer... the following sason they seem to dry up..

Eg's
Brett Emerton: great 1st season, rave reviews, could have gotten 10 million for him after signing him for about 3/4.... been anonymous yet solid since... might get there money back now?

Morton Gamst Pederson: again had an astonishing 1st season at the club after being signed for a modest fee, I beleive United even had a look at him! Now again an anonymous performer, what happened to him? May have got 12 million for him that year

Benni McCarthy: signed for about 5 million, banged the goals in... now cant get in the team. Chelsea would have been stupid enough to splash up to 15million for him during that off season!

Roque Santa Cruz: Bit early to be saying he's going to have a bad season but will you have him in your Fantasy Football team this year? I wont. Bought for under 5, could've gone to Spurs or Citeh for up to 15 mil this summer!

The one's that did get away...

Bentley: Laughing their asses off that they sold this nobody for 18 million

Belamy: ah ha ha ha ha

In other words if I were Blackburn manager I would cash in every season, after a couple of years there would be a few quid to spend... They could be the Ajax of the Premier League, they certainly have good scouts.. or at least did, dont know what Charlie is up to!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts