Manchester United Talk banner

521 - 539 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Jesus. I really can't see why a great midfielder that wants to get out of where he is (if he wants to), wouldn't want to come to a club that needs exactly a player like him to carry the team. He knows how big the club is, he knows that sooner rather than later we're going to be fighting for every trophy again... Why wouldn't he want to be the star-player and the key player in the club?! You think he would rather go to Madrid where even fucking Ozil has been sold, because of the load of players they have, and where god knows if he's going to play?!

Yeah, tell me "he's good enough to play anywhere"... yeah, of course he is. Sahin was too, unanymous player of the year in Germany before he came to Madrid (now tell me the injuries were the problem, yeah, for sure...).

On the other hand, I'm sure we would pay him a lot more than Real Madrid I think, he's key for us. We need him, we would pay him whatever he wants. Madrid wouldn't.

Another reason can be the league were he wants to play, the Liga BBVA or the Premier League? I'd know what I'd like to do.... :S

·
Agonising transfer muppet
3,306 Posts
Jesus. I really can't see why a great midfielder that wants to get out of where he is (if he wants to), wouldn't want to come to a club that needs exactly a player like him to carry the team. He knows how big the club is, he knows that sooner rather than later we're going to be fighting for every trophy again... Why wouldn't he want to be the star-player and the key player in the club?! You think he would rather go to Madrid where even fucking Ozil has been sold, because of the load of players they have, and where god knows if he's going to play?!

Yeah, tell me "he's good enough to play anywhere"... yeah, of course he is. Sahin was too, unanymous player of the year in Germany before he came to Madrid (now tell me the injuries were the problem, yeah, for sure...).

On the other hand, I'm sure we would pay him a lot more than Real Madrid I think, he's key for us. We need him, we would pay him whatever he wants. Madrid wouldn't.

Another reason can be the league were he wants to play, the Liga BBVA or the Premier League? I'd know what I'd like to do.... :S
Perhaps you'd think twice after living through an English winter (and summer for that matter).

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Perhaps you'd think twice after living through an English winter (and summer for that matter).
We had more rainy days in Bilbao than in London 4 years ago. And we're really close to Londons amount of rainy days per year everytime! I don't know if it's much worse in Manchester but.... I think I'm pretty used to it myself! I have to say that starting in April, we have a lot better weather than in the UK! hahahah.

Anyway, Madrid isn't like this. And probably that's an important factor, but once living in Dortmund, I don't think it's going to be such an important factor for him!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Wait wait wait wait wait......

Let me just get this right cause it's all very confusing.

Footballers, those people will little morals and turned by Dollar signs won't move to a club because their on the decline. Jeez, i'm sure theres a book bigger than the dooms day book with plays who have joined clubs on the 'decline' for the right amount of wage in their pocket.

Not saying the same would be said about Gundogan, however people making comments about players not wanting to join or club because we're a 'sinking ship' is farcical at best. 95% of players these days will go where the money is regardless of current stature. Hell i'd like to think some footballers would join clubs with their ego cause they know they'll make them better and walk into the team week in week out.

Unless of course they have better options who are willing to pay the same or more money.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Wait wait wait wait wait......

Let me just get this right cause it's all very confusing.

Footballers, those people will little morals and turned by Dollar signs won't move to a club because their on the decline. Jeez, i'm sure theres a book bigger than the dooms day book with plays who have joined clubs on the 'decline' for the right amount of wage in their pocket.

Not saying the same would be said about Gundogan, however people making comments about players not wanting to join or club because we're a 'sinking ship' is farcical at best. 95% of players these days will go where the money is regardless of current stature. Hell i'd like to think some footballers would join clubs with their ego cause they know they'll make them better and walk into the team week in week out.

Unless of course they have better options who are willing to pay the same or more money.
I think that comment is a reply to mine....

And what I ask is, don't you think we'll be able to play Gundogan higher wages than Madrid? They have just signed Bale, who I don't even want to think how much he's earning... Ronald just signed a new contract... They have world class players in every single position, and even on the bench... They have a great squad and a great team that's working perfectly... Why would they give Gundogan huge amounts of money taking into account what happened with their previous Dortmund experiment Sahin?! They are still paying those high wages they give him...

On the other side, we are pretty bad right now, we desperately need someone for our midfield, he's the one that suits the best... We would pay him whatever he asks. That's how desperate we are right now.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
I think that comment is a reply to mine....

And what I ask is, don't you think we'll be able to play Gundogan higher wages than Madrid? They have just signed Bale, who I don't even want to think how much he's earning... Ronald just signed a new contract... They have world class players in every single position, and even on the bench... They have a great squad and a great team that's working perfectly... Why would they give Gundogan huge amounts of money taking into account what happened with their previous Dortmund experiment Sahin?! They are still paying those high wages they give him...

On the other side, we are pretty bad right now, we desperately need someone for our midfield, he's the one that suits the best... We would pay him whatever he asks. That's how desperate we are right now.
Wasn't in reply to yours it was to everyone with this whole 'why would a player want to come here' style doom mongering going around. Many sides outside of the champions league manage to sign quality players if the wages are right and i don't see why it's different for us.

Also i agree with your statements about Madrid getting him. I think if he's available we should be in for him 100% and be willing to pay the big wages to get him here.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Wasn't in reply to yours it was to everyone with this whole 'why would a player want to come here' style doom mongering going around. Many sides outside of the champions league manage to sign quality players if the wages are right and i don't see why it's different for us.

Also i agree with your statements about Madrid getting him. I think if he's available we should be in for him 100% and be willing to pay the big wages to get him here.
I hope people in the club see it this way too.

To be honest, I see it possible at the end of the season... Dortmund are losing players every year, and this years seems like they won't compete for the Bundesliga with a Bayern team that's already gone and won't drop many points in the 4-5 months left... I feel they won't be as competitive in the Champions League as they were last year, and I think with Lewandowski leaving at the end of the season it can feel like a "end of an era" in the club, and the time for some players to find a new team where to win trophies and earn more money, etc...

It might sound a little bit extremist, I know that, but that's what I think right now!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
I hope people in the club see it this way too.

To be honest, I see it possible at the end of the season... Dortmund are losing players every year, and this years seems like they won't compete for the Bundesliga with a Bayern team that's already gone and won't drop many points in the 4-5 months left... I feel they won't be as competitive in the Champions League as they were last year, and I think with Lewandowski leaving at the end of the season it can feel like a "end of an era" in the club, and the time for some players to find a new team where to win trophies and earn more money, etc...

It might sound a little bit extremist, I know that, but that's what I think right now!
I agree, it'll be a test for Klopp as a manager if he can rebuild and keep them competitive.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
Borussia Dortmund midfielder İlkay Gündoğan has agreed to join Real Madrid next summer. [El Gol Digital]
Well, he hasn't. That's just transfer bullshit. As will be the continuation of the rumours about us signing him in January and next summer until he actually DOES join Madrid (or Barca). . . We've been down this road so many times. Although when Gundogan eventually moves to a club not named Manchester United it will hurt more than any player we've missed out on since Hazard because he has rare quality exactly where we need it.

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
Will not sadden me at all that he goes to Real Madrid. I never, for one second, not even a brief hope, believed he would ever come here. Not sure why others are fussed, RM was always on the cards. Just because he plays for Dortmund, doesn't mean he is the only player around to buy. If Dortmund can find these gems, why can't we? We've found great defenders, goalkeepers and forwards (Hernandez, Smalling, Jones, DDG, Ronaldo) but we never EVER seem to get lucky with midfielders. Hopefully Powell will be the exception. Anyway, yeah, great player, but was never ever a chance he would come.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
I really do hate that club.
I can honestly say there isn't a single club I hate more, not Liverpool not even City, everybody likes to talk about fairness and how sugar daddy clubs have ruined football but this lot have been doing it for decades, even now they outspend everybody thanks to their hefty government loans. Disgusting football club, hopefully they keep on winning nothing.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I can honestly say there isn't a single club I hate more, not Liverpool not even City, everybody likes to talk about fairness and how sugar daddy clubs have ruined football but this lot have been doing it for decades, even now they outspend everybody thanks to their hefty government loans. Disgusting football club, hopefully they keep on winning nothing.
I hate Real, but I will never hate any club as much as I hate Liverpool.Its reciprocated hatred.

·
Moyes Out
754 Posts
Look at the players Chelsea, and City have bought before they were even thought of as winning the league. It doesnt matter what team you are, if you offer the best wages the best players usually come

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Gone are the days when we would harp on having a manager for whom the players would want to play, gone are the days when players would look up at UTD as the club winning trophies, gone are the days when players looked at club rich history and want to be part of it, gone are the days when ... forget it, all I want to say is nothing matter now except for money. I know Moyes will be tough nut to shell out dollars, but atleast to get things sorted out he needs to shell out and no better guy than to put in the money on than Gundogan currently. He went after Fabregas and was ready to shell out close to 35mil... offer the same to Dortmund and sign him.

521 - 539 of 539 Posts