Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fernando Redondo - in my opinion one of the most underrated and the least spoken about players of all time... He was one of the best defensive midfielders of all time .. He had everything, and won pretty much everything . This guy knew everything with the ball and when i remember how he nutmmegged Berg I can't help admireing him. He was one of the most important players or Capello's Real and their vice captain ( Hierro was the captain )...

he had a similar career ending like van Basten ...He went to milan to become their highest paid player ahead of Maldini (who is an institution overthere ). had a very bad injury which eventually went on to end his career. but what is significant is that he reffused to get paid until he got back from the injury - he felt it wasn't right to recieve that much money while not being able to help the club

Had only he played for argentina at the WC 98, i think they would have won it. Stupid Passerella wanted him to have his hair cut or losing the place in the squad.. bloody idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUAnkOETJs

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
He's well loved at Madrid if I remember correctly. I read an article recently where Gago said being compared to Redondo was an honour.

Of course he added the obligatory but I'm not that good yet. :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I remember the hair incident, so ridiculous. Half the Argie team had girly long hair :D

He was a very classy player I remember, the way he ran and passed seemes
effortless, like he floated through games, big fella, big engine, sweet touch.
All in all a great player. One of the best DM's of his generation for sure.

Not sure exactly how many trophies he won, but I'm sure there were a few
leagues in Spain, Italy and a couple of European cups.

He had hardly any caps at international level for a man of his stature.
He always seemed to have bust ups with the manager at the time.

He had the chance to play USA 94 but turned it down. There are conflicting
reports as to why..... that's why he was underrated by so many, because of his
lack of games at international level. My best mates growing up were half-Argie
and they used to always bang on about Maradona, Canniga and a young lad called
Redondo.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
CROoney said:
lol caniggia-he said-if cocain is a drug than i'm and addict
He was some player though, especially in the early 90's and WC 94.
He reminded me of someone from Guns 'n' Roses. I think thats why we liked him.:D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Always one of my personal faves, they had some quality in that position, with him preceding Makelele.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheManc said:

Quality player. I read that he refused to take any wages when he was injured towards the back end of his career.
lol - i said that in my initial post ;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
somw1 had a thread not long ago about fave non united players... Redondo was always mine, I'll never forget the trick he did against United (berg) amazing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts