Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this as a genuine request, i know the people organising this so i can verify it is genuine, and being done with the permission of the families involved.

(not my words, a copy/paste job, but i'll answer anything i can. )

Girls and boys,

As you know 4 of our lads have been detained in Rome. The famillies of the lads are obviously frantic as the lads may be detained for a few months.

We have set up a fund to assist the famillies in legal costs etc. It doesnt come cheap.

If anyone wishes to donate, a paypal account has been set up.

The email for the paypal is:

[email protected]

It doesnt matter whether its just a quid. We want the lads home. We would do the same for any fellow red. Please give a couple of quid and help us bring the boys back.

These lads need money for food,clothes,tolietries,phone calls,pen and paper,bog roll,underwear,everything you can imagine they have to pay for,its not like over here with the playstations,they need money,we can help any amount will do.

(my words now ). If you do not have PayPal but wish to donate send me a PM .

Thanks for reading. REDS TOGETHER UNITED.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carlyluvsunited said:
They're not called:

Kyle Dillon
Richard Wimmer
Nicholas Lucas
Micheal Burk

By any chance are they ?
Yes.

The total raised so far, in one day, is over£1,300. :)

This has been posted on another forum by the girlfriend of one of the lads.

I am the girlfriend of Kyle Dillon one of the 4 lads being held in Rome, i just want to say a BIG BIG thank you to everyone who has helped in anyway its really means a lot and these lads will be so proud to be a red. Thanks again for all the support. I went over to Rome last weekend and i can tell you all now all four of these lads are innocent and have been stitched up, WE NEED TO GET THEM HOME xx

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
spellbound said:
Sorry for being ignorant but why are these guys prosecuted?
Football Hooligans.......

Seems the girlfriend wants others to finance the guys stay in jail or something.

They were caught, had a trial and found guilty........

Who is running this fund ?

Who is in charge of the Paypal account ?

What will happen to the money ?

How will we know for sure what happens to the cash ?

Seems to me they went looking for trouble and now they got it.

http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-fans-jailed-for-roma-incident-is-fan-violence-getting-out-of-hand/4903/

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I am inclined to agree with Carly. IF they did what was alleged then sorry, nothing from me. People were told a zillion times, Do not cause trouble in Rome, it will be you who suffers. The police were never going to take a back seat in this game, they wanted our lot after last year when the police were clearly shown to be hooligans themselves.

The courts are never going to take the sides of the fans either.

The fans were warned even by Fergie himself and ignored the warning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Football Hooligans.......

Seems the girlfriend wants others to finance the guys stay in jail or something.

They were caught, had a trial and found guilty........

Who is running this fund ?

Who is in charge of the Paypal account ?

What will happen to the money ?

How will we know for sure what happens to the cash ?

Seems to me they went looking for trouble and now they got it.

http://soccerlens.com/manchester-united-fans-jailed-for-roma-incident-is-fan-violence-getting-out-of-hand/4903/

Allow me to answer your questions Carly

I am running the fund, I am in charge of the paypal account. The money will be dispensed to the families of the four lads in accordance with their wishes. They are in discussion this weekend in what they wish to use the money for, be it legal expenses or flights to visit their loved ones, pay domestic bills, whatever. You will know what happens to the money as we are setting up a website to keep everyone informed, also running totals are being posted on several forums.

Seems to me they got on a bus, were attacked by the Italian police with batons whilst lying defenceless on the ground, and arrested and prosecuted because they were the easiest pickings available as scapegoats. How do I know this? Because I was there.

Don't sit behind your monitors judging others, when you are not privvy to all the facts. They are not football hooligans, unless the blind branch of the mibs have now staked a claim as top firm in Manchester. You come across as typical New Age Fans. Now you can either contribute or not, I couldn't care less, but don't judge me or other lads who love football, love United, and want to help our fellow reds out.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you exepct people to help out then surely you should not mind some questions, if the lads are not i the wrong then they deserve help, but if they are football hooligans they don't deserve any help and if anything it gives the club and other fans a bad name.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've no problem with questions, I do have a problem with people who should know better making assumptions and then publishing them on a public forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've a question? How many of the Roma hooligans who turned up at Old Trafford this year were held longer than a day after the match had finished? A big fat zero - that's the answer. Every Roma fan arrested was released the next day and packed off home. This country even sent home an armed Russian hitman who was caught red handed. Yet our politicians will never help their own - even if slightly misguided. BIG SUPPORT TO THE CAMPAIGN.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
mactheconny said:
Allow me to answer your questions Carly

I am running the fund, I am in charge of the paypal account. The money will be dispensed to the families of the four lads in accordance with their wishes. They are in discussion this weekend in what they wish to use the money for, be it legal expenses or flights to visit their loved ones, pay domestic bills, whatever. You will know what happens to the money as we are setting up a website to keep everyone informed, also running totals are being posted on several forums.

Seems to me they got on a bus, were attacked by the Italian police with batons whilst lying defenceless on the ground, and arrested and prosecuted because they were the easiest pickings available as scapegoats. How do I know this? Because I was there.

Don't sit behind your monitors judging others, when you are not privvy to all the facts. They are not football hooligans, unless the blind branch of the mibs have now staked a claim as top firm in Manchester. You come across as typical New Age Fans. Now you can either contribute or not, I couldn't care less, but don't judge me or other lads who love football, love United, and want to help our fellow reds out.
Not according to the CCTV images Mr.....

Tried and found guilty in a court of law......

The family can pay their own bills.....

I'll use my cash for a worthy cause but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What a waste of time. I hope, should you ever venture to a Euro away, that this never happens to you or your loved ones, because only then will you begin to understand. I suspect though that anything other than a cosy home game against Fulham is way too much for the likes of yourself.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
mactheconny said:
I've no problem with questions, I do have a problem with people who should know better making assumptions and then publishing them on a public forum
Who made assumptions ?

I asked some questions which I'm entitled to surely.....

Then I published a news article telling everyone what happened in case they are unaware of the facts.......

Now you get all shirty :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Carly, you're entitled to your opinion and entitled to spend your money as you please. However one thing you have to realise is that when English fans travel abroad you don't just have the local hooligans to deal with but also the local Police. They will never assist you when you're in trouble and will always come down very hard on you once they assume you are "English Hooligan". English Police will always protect foreign fans however we recieve very little. That's why I will NEVER travel to Turkey, Italy, Spain or anywhere in Eastern Europe to watch united.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Mark The Man United said:
Carly, you're entitled to your opinion and entitled to spend your money as you please. However one thing you have to realise is that when English fans travel abroad you don't just have the local hooligans to deal with but also the local Police. They will never assist you when you're in trouble and will always come down very hard on you once they assume you are "English Hooligan". English Police will always protect foreign fans however we recieve very little. That's why I will NEVER travel to Turkey, Italy, Spain or anywhere in Eastern Europe to watch united.
I understand this of course....

I have my own views about English fans and it is not nice.

I went to Charleroi in June 2000 when my country Romania makes a magnificent win 3-2 'v' England we had a lovely time My friend, my mother and my sister.

Because England lost they attacked any Romanian fan they see - man, woman, girl, boy......children are in the middle of this too you know. I was only 16 years and my sister 14 years !!

I have never been so scared in my life !!

So I am wary of fans involved in any of this crap to be honest.

But I choose to have my views but I would never suggest anyone copies me......if people choose to give money this is OK.......if not then people have no right to tell me I am this or that........:)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I do not like the implication of being refered to as a "new age fan" whatever that is. I presume you mean a fan since we actually started winning something? You could not be further wrong.

Like I said, the police were out to get us, this was pre warned and fans were advised not to go. I presume no guilt but I am also well aware of how United fans behave both verbally and physically away.

I do not know the circumstances but why did the police board the bus in the first place? Who was doing what, to whom?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Carly I hear what you're saying. As patriotic as I am about England I shed very few tears when we fail to qualify for a major tounament. I find that a large majority of our fans contribute NOTHING to what is normally a festival of football. Some English fans behave like savages when abroad. No excuse for it. We as English people need to stamp out our idiots. But our government needs to ask foriegn Police forces to afford our decent fans the same protection they recieve when they visit us. Remember Carly, even though we can be very bad abroad you never hear of foriegn supporters being hurt when they come to England.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Yes but maybe the fans and police abroad are nervous of past meetings with England and English teams !!

I was back home in early October when Arsenal come to Bucuresti to play Steaua and everyone was nervous - shops close - bars close - people get out the way quickly.....

And the Romanian boys say any problems this time from English then all hell will break out !!!

As things turned out - The Arsenal boys were really great and so friendly it was a relief and a good time was had as both sets of fans mixed together.......Well done Arsenal they make a good impression for English fans.

I flew to UK Oct 4th and many Arsenal fans on the plane and again very nice and good behaviour.

To be honest and really nasty maybe I say this - English fans and English teams are not really welcome in a lot of countries - they have had enough of all this nonsense in the past !!

But I hope things change - I really do......

·
Registered
2 Posts
our lads in rome

Not according to the CCTV images Mr.....

Tried and found guilty in a court of law......

The family can pay their own bills.....

I'll use my cash for a worthy cause but thanks anyway.

i am the father of Stacey who is Kyles partner you have asked some questions hopefully i can answer them as i was in rome with my daughter from saturday morning until boxing day, and attended the court on the monday(which we where asked to leave in no uncertain terms)

What cctv images? have you seen them becouse nobody else has

Trield and found guilty in a court of law? all 4 off the lads had no idea what was happening to them, the defence solicitor was court appointed (only spoke italian)he with a translater who was stuggling with the english language i know becouse i had a converstation with him on monday outside the court (after we had been made to leave )
and it was he who opted for the short trial (which by doing this they cannot call witnesses for the defence, but the prosicution can ..... one female police officer)

Just to let you know Kyle is regestered Blind, at the moment he has got partial sight but it will get worse so god knows what he could see after the tear gas

All who read this just read what it says on the inside front cover of your passport

What i saw on Monday was a stupid deadly farce which is playing with peoples lives

From now on every time i go to united, Do i see 75,000 thugs or 75,000 loyal supporters? as some quarters would have us believe ..... you follow football your scum

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Awww listen hey I feel bad for you and especially your daughter of course I do - I'm not a heartless person no way.

But look from our point of view......

We read papers and we have to trust what they tell us........

It's our only source of knowledge on these things......

They don't tell us about Kyle not having the good sight - etc etc.

The approach with your appeal was maybe wrong I think.

It needed to have more content as to the events of this night in Rome - and events in the courts since then.

Some background of the family etc etc......

Maybe then people will listen more......

This is what I think anyway......

From what you tell us they have been treated unfairly - so now go to the papers and make this known to everyone !!!

I know I would !!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts