Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
spellbound said:
Sorry for being ignorant but why are these guys prosecuted?
Football Hooligans.......

Seems the girlfriend wants others to finance the guys stay in jail or something.

They were caught, had a trial and found guilty........

Who is running this fund ?

Who is in charge of the Paypal account ?

What will happen to the money ?

How will we know for sure what happens to the cash ?

Seems to me they went looking for trouble and now they got it.

http://soccerlens.com/manchester-un...ent-is-fan-violence-getting-out-of-hand/4903/

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
mactheconny said:
Allow me to answer your questions Carly

I am running the fund, I am in charge of the paypal account. The money will be dispensed to the families of the four lads in accordance with their wishes. They are in discussion this weekend in what they wish to use the money for, be it legal expenses or flights to visit their loved ones, pay domestic bills, whatever. You will know what happens to the money as we are setting up a website to keep everyone informed, also running totals are being posted on several forums.

Seems to me they got on a bus, were attacked by the Italian police with batons whilst lying defenceless on the ground, and arrested and prosecuted because they were the easiest pickings available as scapegoats. How do I know this? Because I was there.

Don't sit behind your monitors judging others, when you are not privvy to all the facts. They are not football hooligans, unless the blind branch of the mibs have now staked a claim as top firm in Manchester. You come across as typical New Age Fans. Now you can either contribute or not, I couldn't care less, but don't judge me or other lads who love football, love United, and want to help our fellow reds out.
Not according to the CCTV images Mr.....

Tried and found guilty in a court of law......

The family can pay their own bills.....

I'll use my cash for a worthy cause but thanks anyway.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
mactheconny said:
I've no problem with questions, I do have a problem with people who should know better making assumptions and then publishing them on a public forum
Who made assumptions ?

I asked some questions which I'm entitled to surely.....

Then I published a news article telling everyone what happened in case they are unaware of the facts.......

Now you get all shirty :eek:

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Mark The Man United said:
Carly, you're entitled to your opinion and entitled to spend your money as you please. However one thing you have to realise is that when English fans travel abroad you don't just have the local hooligans to deal with but also the local Police. They will never assist you when you're in trouble and will always come down very hard on you once they assume you are "English Hooligan". English Police will always protect foreign fans however we recieve very little. That's why I will NEVER travel to Turkey, Italy, Spain or anywhere in Eastern Europe to watch united.
I understand this of course....

I have my own views about English fans and it is not nice.

I went to Charleroi in June 2000 when my country Romania makes a magnificent win 3-2 'v' England we had a lovely time My friend, my mother and my sister.

Because England lost they attacked any Romanian fan they see - man, woman, girl, boy......children are in the middle of this too you know. I was only 16 years and my sister 14 years !!

I have never been so scared in my life !!

So I am wary of fans involved in any of this crap to be honest.

But I choose to have my views but I would never suggest anyone copies me......if people choose to give money this is OK.......if not then people have no right to tell me I am this or that........:)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Yes but maybe the fans and police abroad are nervous of past meetings with England and English teams !!

I was back home in early October when Arsenal come to Bucuresti to play Steaua and everyone was nervous - shops close - bars close - people get out the way quickly.....

And the Romanian boys say any problems this time from English then all hell will break out !!!

As things turned out - The Arsenal boys were really great and so friendly it was a relief and a good time was had as both sets of fans mixed together.......Well done Arsenal they make a good impression for English fans.

I flew to UK Oct 4th and many Arsenal fans on the plane and again very nice and good behaviour.

To be honest and really nasty maybe I say this - English fans and English teams are not really welcome in a lot of countries - they have had enough of all this nonsense in the past !!

But I hope things change - I really do......

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Awww listen hey I feel bad for you and especially your daughter of course I do - I'm not a heartless person no way.

But look from our point of view......

We read papers and we have to trust what they tell us........

It's our only source of knowledge on these things......

They don't tell us about Kyle not having the good sight - etc etc.

The approach with your appeal was maybe wrong I think.

It needed to have more content as to the events of this night in Rome - and events in the courts since then.

Some background of the family etc etc......

Maybe then people will listen more......

This is what I think anyway......

From what you tell us they have been treated unfairly - so now go to the papers and make this known to everyone !!!

I know I would !!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Yes bad approach and then this Mactheconney or whatever he is called chooses to call us names too, lmao.......

Not the best way to approach people but hey - he knows best.

I'll think like you Bertie and probably end up helping out because I am a soft case for things like this :eek:

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
We do have a lot of youngsters on here - from all around the world.

We do on this forum what we choose to do.....

And we enjoy it.....

A lot of them haven't been to games but I imagine would love to.....

And yet again we have the 'real' fans here telling us we aren't fans because we dont go to games and blah blah blah.......

So you go to lots of games and many of us dont - whooppee doo......you want a medal ?

If this site is comical then go elsewhere it's no big deal.

Graham spoke a lot of sense and I really feel for him but then the clowns turn up and ruin it for him......

Too much of this...........

I'll get hold of Graham through Sal hopefully and see what we can do - despite your efforts - or rather lack of them

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Ah Grahamswann is here again now.....

Graham do me a favour will you.....

Send me your email by PM if you could......

I have some nice ideas to help your campaign and can get your details forwarded to many 1000s of people...........

I'll run it by you OK see what you think ;)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Ignore all the crap here Graham....

Load of nonsense.....

I'll delete it all later.....

Kyle is registered blind I believe yes ?

Which of the guys made his first trip for an away game ?

Which one is the father with young children......

Which leaves 1 more guy.......got some info about him ?

Then I send you what I told you about OK :)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Hey you don't need to say these things OK.

A lot of the guys on here are youngsters OK and suddenly a thread is started
asking for cash. We have a responsibility to our members to take care of them
on here - well I feel I do and other staff members too OK.

Now if you think about it - a thread asking for cash needs to be investigated - I'm
sure you would never send off cash just on the strength of a vague message
and an email address - well I hope you wouldn't :eek:

And even with a bunch of guys turning up here and calling me all kinds of names
dont make differnece to me you know - I wanted to check this out and see if it is
real.

I have now spoken with Graham Swann who is related to someone involved in
this - as opposed to people who have nothing to do with it - and we have put
into action a nice way to publicise this subject !!

It's not that we dont care - we are just careful and take care of our members....

Oh and people on your forum calling me a slag doesn't help does it ?

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
dreadedred said:
Are you addressing me here.
If you are please press the quote button in my post when you are then I know that you are addressing me.
I am only pointing out a few facts about what it can be like for an away match going red. As I am sure that the match going admin on here are well aware of, are'nt they. It can be a very dangerous place out of cyber world, and if it teaches youngsters on here to be a little aware of this fact all the better as it may stop them from getting assaulted or worst, as you did or as you say you did when you went with your family to a match in Belgium. If you have sorted anything out with Mr Swann, great all the more money going into the cause eh. As for poeple of my forum calling you a slag, which forum is this and what gives you the impression that I have anything to do with it.
I assume you come from the same place the others did.....but no matter it's no big deal.

I was referring mainly to ALL the posts on this thread from the people who suddenly appeared from nowhere......well we know where from ;)

They give me hard times because I question things and ask for information - rather than roll over and say "Yes OK we do what you want".....

Yes to start with I say the boys are hooligans and guilty so too bad for them....

Then Graham who is family comes to tell me the story so now I think this is good.

So now I do couple favours for him and see if something can be done.

From here not much cash I dont think - as I say many youngsters but we see what they can do.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
dreadedred said:
I think Mr Swann maybe able to help me out on this one. Over to you Mr Swann, if you can't do it now, you are intouch with the poeple who know where these funds will be going, I believe.
They are setting up a website apparently - be nice to have the link for this as soon as it is done :)

Maybe add some pictures of the boys etc etc helps too - couple family pics or whatever.....

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
dreadedred said:
You used the quote button, that's better, you learn quickly Grasshopper.

So you assume that I come from a place where other posters come from, correct me if I am wrong but is this site not in the public domain. You assume that those in jail in Rome are "Hooligans" but when explaind to you by a few that were there and by the "In Law" (best way to describe Mr Swann), you see the bigger picture and even want to drop all your morals and help in some way or other.
My work here is done.
........;)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
RD, the people organising this are well known reds, well known at OT, well known at aways. Real names, addresses and phone numbers held by lots and lots of other well known long standing reds throughout the country and abroad.

I will certainly vouch for them and even go as far as putting it into writting here. That should anyone get scammed, ripped off etc i will personally repay that person out of my own pocket, in fact i will double the amount.
:eek:

Thats good enough for me Mr Sal ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.