Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I am inclined to agree with Carly. IF they did what was alleged then sorry, nothing from me. People were told a zillion times, Do not cause trouble in Rome, it will be you who suffers. The police were never going to take a back seat in this game, they wanted our lot after last year when the police were clearly shown to be hooligans themselves.

The courts are never going to take the sides of the fans either.

The fans were warned even by Fergie himself and ignored the warning.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I do not like the implication of being refered to as a "new age fan" whatever that is. I presume you mean a fan since we actually started winning something? You could not be further wrong.

Like I said, the police were out to get us, this was pre warned and fans were advised not to go. I presume no guilt but I am also well aware of how United fans behave both verbally and physically away.

I do not know the circumstances but why did the police board the bus in the first place? Who was doing what, to whom?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
dreadedred said:
I really can't believe the naivety of some of the posters on this thread. Wether they are "Hooligans" or not is not the question here. What was being asked for was a donation off anybody who is red and cares about other reds in trouble. And let's get one thing correct here, if you have been a away match going red domestically or in europe then it's odds on that some of these "Hooligans" will have helped you out somewhere along the way, maybe not stopping you getting the odd slap of an cockney or scouser or Leeds lad that wants to bully the odd normal fan, but maybe jumping in and stopping it being a worse assault. Maybe bailing you out when you are having bother of a steward for not sitting down or even stopping to make sure you get out of some sort of stickey situation.

If you have the nouse you know what it's like for an away match going red no matter who you are. Think about it.
Prove to me that the money is for them? All I have seen to date is an appeal by persons unknown to me asking for money. How do I know this is not just a clever ploy to extract valuable finances out of my bank into theirs?

And if it did turn out to be a scam - who is naive then?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
RD, the people organising this are well known reds, well known at OT, well known at aways. Real names, addresses and phone numbers held by lots and lots of other well known long standing reds throughout the country and abroad.

I will certainly vouch for them and even go as far as putting it into writting here. That should anyone get scammed, ripped off etc i will personally repay that person out of my own pocket, in fact i will double the amount.
OK SR, I accept your explanation.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
dreadedred said:
Ohh, now there has been a bit of a vouch by someone who is a long standing board member it makes it all ticketyboo does it. Well when it get's down to the nitty gritty it was SR that brought this to this board in the first place. Read the first post by SR on the thread. I can't believe that it has come to all this for you to even have to accept that this fund raising is above board. There again it's not that unbelievable being wrapped up in your own little cyber world.
Excuse me! There is no need for this. I am not wrapped up in a little cyber world either. I am being realistic.

How many emails a month do you get asking for your unrgent help in looking after somebody elses money, how many offering you the chance of a lifetime and again, how many telling you you have won the Transylvanian Lottery when your email was drawn out at ramdom??

Its the nature of the beast to be suspicious when people ask for donations on the internet.

I am aware that SR brought this to our attention but, who is SR? I do not know him; only through this forum. I do not know you at all before this thread commenced - how do I know who you are?

When you come down off your podium of righteousness and plant your feet back on terra firma, think!! I am only expressing doubts that thousands of others do every day on the net eveywhere in the world. There is so much spam in the world, it leaves little room for reality.

The doubts I expressed are a natural progression of life in cyberspace - for every genuine person on the net there are thousands of fakes. People who live by sponging on the unsuspecting; fakes who are not what they seem in forums worldwide. Of course I am going to ask for authentication - I would be stupid not too.

Your alleged anger in your posts only goes to reinforce my suspicion. Genuine people would state "well, I am asking for your help, if you feel that it should not be forthcoming, then I am sorry and my apologies for bothering you" and NOT going off at a tangent and screaming at me/us.

Suspicion is natural in events like this.

Everyday in town we see beggars, they are not only beggars, but they are fakes. They are mainly foreign, all have mobile phones and call each other when the police are sighted. Do I give them anything - do I hell!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts