Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really can't believe the naivaty of some of the posters on this thread. Wether they are "Hooligans" or not is not the question here. What was being asked for was a donation off anybody who is red and cares about other reds in trouble. And let's get one thing correct here, if you have been a away match going red domestically or in europe then it's odds on that some of these "Hooligans" will have helped you out somewhere along the way, maybe not stopping you getting the odd slap of an cockney or scouser or Leeds lad that wants to bully the odd normal fan, but maybe jumping in and stopping it being a worse assault. Maybe bailing you out when you are having bother of a steward for not sitting down or even stopping to make sure you get out of some sort of stickey situation.

If you have the nouse you know what it's like for an away match going red no matter who you are. Think about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Hey you don't need to say these things OK.

A lot of the guys on here are youngsters OK and suddenly a thread is started
asking for cash. We have a responsibility to our members to take care of them
on here - well I feel I do and other staff members too OK.

Now if you think about it - a thread asking for cash needs to be investigated - I'm
sure you would never send off cash just on the strength of a vague message
and an email address - well I hope you wouldn't :eek:

And even with a bunch of guys turning up here and calling me all kinds of names
dont make differnece to me you know - I wanted to check this out and see if it is
real.

I have now spoken with Graham Swann who is related to someone involved in
this - as opposed to people who have nothing to do with it - and we have put
into action a nice way to publicise this subject !!

It's not that we dont care - we are just careful and take care of our members....

Oh and people on your forum calling me a slag doesn't help does it ?
Are you addressing me here.
If you are please press the quote button in my post when you are then I know that you are addressing me.
I am only pointing out a few facts about what it can be like for an away match going red. As I am sure that the match going admin on here are well aware of, are'nt they. It can be a very dangerous place out of cyber world, and if it teaches youngsters on here to be a little aware of this fact all the better as it may stop them from getting assaulted or worst, as you did or as you say you did when you went with your family to a match in Belgium. If you have sorted anything out with Mr Swann, great all the more money going into the cause eh. As for poeple of my forum calling you a slag, which forum is this and what gives you the impression that I have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Red Devil said:
Prove to me that the money is for them? All I have seen to date is an appeal by persons unknown to me asking for money. How do I know this is not just a clever ploy to extract valuable finances out of my bank into theirs?

And if it did turn out to be a scam - who is naive then?
I think Mr Swann maybe able to help me out on this one. Over to you Mr Swann, if you can't do it now, you are intouch with the poeple who know where these funds will be going, I believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I assume you come from the same place the others did.....but no matter it's no big deal.

I was referring mainly to ALL the posts on this thread from the people who suddenly appeared from nowhere......well we know where from ;)

They give me hard times because I question things and ask for information - rather than roll over and say "Yes OK we do what you want".....

Yes to start with I say the boys are hooligans and guilty so too bad for them....

Then Graham who is family comes to tell me the story so now I think this is good.

So now I do couple favours for him and see if something can be done.

From here not much cash I dont think - as I say many youngsters but we see what they can do.
You used the quote button, that's better, you learn quickly Grasshopper.

So you assume that I come from a place where other posters come from, correct me if I am wrong but is this site not in the public domain. You assume that those in jail in Rome are "Hooligans" but when explaind to you by a few that were there and by the "In Law" (best way to describe Mr Swann), you see the bigger picture and even want to drop all your morals and help in some way or other.
My work here is done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
RD, the people organising this are well known reds, well known at OT, well known at aways. Real names, addresses and phone numbers held by lots and lots of other well known long standing reds throughout the country and abroad.

I will certainly vouch for them and even go as far as putting it into writting here. That should anyone get scammed, ripped off etc i will personally repay that person out of my own pocket, in fact i will double the amount.
Inserts a finger tapping, chin rubbing smiley here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Red Devil said:
OK SR, I accept your explanation.
Thats good enough for me Mr Sal
Ohh, now there has been a bit of a vouch by someone who is a long standing board member it makes it all ticketyboo does it. Well when it get's down to the nitty gritty it was SR that brought this to this board in the first place. Read the first post by SR on the thread. I can't believe that it has come to all this for you to even have to accept that this fund raising is above board. There again it's not that unbelievable being wrapped up in your own little cyber world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.