Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
dreadedred said:
I really can't believe the naivety of some of the posters on this thread. Wether they are "Hooligans" or not is not the question here. What was being asked for was a donation off anybody who is red and cares about other reds in trouble. And let's get one thing correct here, if you have been a away match going red domestically or in europe then it's odds on that some of these "Hooligans" will have helped you out somewhere along the way, maybe not stopping you getting the odd slap of an cockney or scouser or Leeds lad that wants to bully the odd normal fan, but maybe jumping in and stopping it being a worse assault. Maybe bailing you out when you are having bother of a steward for not sitting down or even stopping to make sure you get out of some sort of stickey situation.

If you have the nouse you know what it's like for an away match going red no matter who you are. Think about it.
Prove to me that the money is for them? All I have seen to date is an appeal by persons unknown to me asking for money. How do I know this is not just a clever ploy to extract valuable finances out of my bank into theirs?

And if it did turn out to be a scam - who is naive then?

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
dreadedred said:
Are you addressing me here.
If you are please press the quote button in my post when you are then I know that you are addressing me.
I am only pointing out a few facts about what it can be like for an away match going red. As I am sure that the match going admin on here are well aware of, are'nt they. It can be a very dangerous place out of cyber world, and if it teaches youngsters on here to be a little aware of this fact all the better as it may stop them from getting assaulted or worst, as you did or as you say you did when you went with your family to a match in Belgium. If you have sorted anything out with Mr Swann, great all the more money going into the cause eh. As for poeple of my forum calling you a slag, which forum is this and what gives you the impression that I have anything to do with it.
I assume you come from the same place the others did.....but no matter it's no big deal.

I was referring mainly to ALL the posts on this thread from the people who suddenly appeared from nowhere......well we know where from ;)

They give me hard times because I question things and ask for information - rather than roll over and say "Yes OK we do what you want".....

Yes to start with I say the boys are hooligans and guilty so too bad for them....

Then Graham who is family comes to tell me the story so now I think this is good.

So now I do couple favours for him and see if something can be done.

From here not much cash I dont think - as I say many youngsters but we see what they can do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Red Devil said:
Prove to me that the money is for them? All I have seen to date is an appeal by persons unknown to me asking for money. How do I know this is not just a clever ploy to extract valuable finances out of my bank into theirs?

I think Mr Swann maybe able to help me out on this one. Over to you Mr Swann, if you can't do it now, you are intouch with the poeple who know where these funds will be going, I believe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Red Devil said:

RD, the people organising this are well known reds, well known at OT, well known at aways. Real names, addresses and phone numbers held by lots and lots of other well known long standing reds throughout the country and abroad.

I will certainly vouch for them and even go as far as putting it into writting here. That should anyone get scammed, ripped off etc i will personally repay that person out of my own pocket, in fact i will double the amount.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
dreadedred said:
I think Mr Swann maybe able to help me out on this one. Over to you Mr Swann, if you can't do it now, you are intouch with the poeple who know where these funds will be going, I believe.
They are setting up a website apparently - be nice to have the link for this as soon as it is done :)

Maybe add some pictures of the boys etc etc helps too - couple family pics or whatever.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I assume you come from the same place the others did.....but no matter it's no big deal.

I was referring mainly to ALL the posts on this thread from the people who suddenly appeared from nowhere......well we know where from ;)

They give me hard times because I question things and ask for information - rather than roll over and say "Yes OK we do what you want".....

Yes to start with I say the boys are hooligans and guilty so too bad for them....

Then Graham who is family comes to tell me the story so now I think this is good.

So now I do couple favours for him and see if something can be done.

From here not much cash I dont think - as I say many youngsters but we see what they can do.
You used the quote button, that's better, you learn quickly Grasshopper.

So you assume that I come from a place where other posters come from, correct me if I am wrong but is this site not in the public domain. You assume that those in jail in Rome are "Hooligans" but when explaind to you by a few that were there and by the "In Law" (best way to describe Mr Swann), you see the bigger picture and even want to drop all your morals and help in some way or other.
My work here is done.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
dreadedred said:
You used the quote button, that's better, you learn quickly Grasshopper.

So you assume that I come from a place where other posters come from, correct me if I am wrong but is this site not in the public domain. You assume that those in jail in Rome are "Hooligans" but when explaind to you by a few that were there and by the "In Law" (best way to describe Mr Swann), you see the bigger picture and even want to drop all your morals and help in some way or other.
My work here is done.
........;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
RD, the people organising this are well known reds, well known at OT, well known at aways. Real names, addresses and phone numbers held by lots and lots of other well known long standing reds throughout the country and abroad.

I will certainly vouch for them and even go as far as putting it into writting here. That should anyone get scammed, ripped off etc i will personally repay that person out of my own pocket, in fact i will double the amount.
Inserts a finger tapping, chin rubbing smiley here.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
SALFORD RED said:

OK SR, I accept your explanation.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
SALFORD RED said:

:eek:

Thats good enough for me Mr Sal ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Red Devil said:
OK SR, I accept your explanation.
Thats good enough for me Mr Sal
Ohh, now there has been a bit of a vouch by someone who is a long standing board member it makes it all ticketyboo does it. Well when it get's down to the nitty gritty it was SR that brought this to this board in the first place. Read the first post by SR on the thread. I can't believe that it has come to all this for you to even have to accept that this fund raising is above board. There again it's not that unbelievable being wrapped up in your own little cyber world.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Appreciate that RD and Carly but must say...

Carly if you ever get to your first ever game to watch United play let me know, it's a lot different from sitting behind your computer screen and keyboard.
RD you surprised me very much with what you said, seems you might not be such an old school red after all. Disappointed is the only word I can use here.

OUCH !!! ... This is what always seems to happen on every single forum... REDS on REDS. Name calling, mods/supermods kicking back...thats exactly what non REDS want...Division.....UNITED means nothing but.....UNITED !!
Reds have a right to question things and other Reds have a right to reply back. Some feel more passionatly about things.
It's a Mancunian thing, Where Manchester leads ..others follow...know your history from football to music to human rights.
Sadly things get lost on written words on a forum as people from here and ** know .
Not bigging myself up here but some on here know i'm for real, some know me in person, some drink with me, some go to games with me, some chat on the phone with me, some have my name phone number and address ( same as i do on others), some write to me and maybe (just maybe) some accept my words more than a complete stranger.Same as i do with others i know personaly.
Although Graham and Mac, RO, RA, and others know one hell of a lot better than i ever will as they were there and can give facts.

To be honest i am getting sick of hearing UNITED... because for a long while now it has turned into... U(divide)NITED. Yeah...lets divide ourselfs .. and others will conker (sp on purpose, cant see the wood for the trees).

Anyway the thread wasnt started to create arguement but just to say that some reds are getting together, putting a few quid in, and doing what they can for fellow reds. Same as they would do for you if it was you. Do not donate if you choose ( fair enough) .....But do not put down fellow REDS !!.

last word.........UNITED

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
dreadedred said:
Ohh, now there has been a bit of a vouch by someone who is a long standing board member it makes it all ticketyboo does it. Well when it get's down to the nitty gritty it was SR that brought this to this board in the first place. Read the first post by SR on the thread. I can't believe that it has come to all this for you to even have to accept that this fund raising is above board. There again it's not that unbelievable being wrapped up in your own little cyber world.
This is in no way being spiteful or anything of that nature, just a but of logic and common sense...

How many random attempts at making profit or benefiting from others misfortunes happen daily? From people bleeding off of national catastrophes, to the bum on the street needing money for food when is really going to spend it on booze or crack.

Would you be more willing to let some random guy on the tram borrow a dollar and pay you back tomorrow, or your best mate?

Because of Sal's words and commitment to the issue, it makes us "locals" more apt to believe because we know Sal to be a trustworthy source, rather than some outsider. Whether your actions are legit or not, we have no idea, just like we had no idea of the nature of the case other than media because none of us were there. I have to agree that the delivery and then immediately going into flaming a well respected member of the forum (Carly) did not help your battle in the least bit. I have to say Graham and Sal could be the saving grace that gets support from this website. Not too say you owe them or anything, but... :)

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
dreadedred said:
Excuse me! There is no need for this. I am not wrapped up in a little cyber world either. I am being realistic.

How many emails a month do you get asking for your unrgent help in looking after somebody elses money, how many offering you the chance of a lifetime and again, how many telling you you have won the Transylvanian Lottery when your email was drawn out at ramdom??

Its the nature of the beast to be suspicious when people ask for donations on the internet.

I am aware that SR brought this to our attention but, who is SR? I do not know him; only through this forum. I do not know you at all before this thread commenced - how do I know who you are?

When you come down off your podium of righteousness and plant your feet back on terra firma, think!! I am only expressing doubts that thousands of others do every day on the net eveywhere in the world. There is so much spam in the world, it leaves little room for reality.

The doubts I expressed are a natural progression of life in cyberspace - for every genuine person on the net there are thousands of fakes. People who live by sponging on the unsuspecting; fakes who are not what they seem in forums worldwide. Of course I am going to ask for authentication - I would be stupid not too.

Your alleged anger in your posts only goes to reinforce my suspicion. Genuine people would state "well, I am asking for your help, if you feel that it should not be forthcoming, then I am sorry and my apologies for bothering you" and NOT going off at a tangent and screaming at me/us.

Suspicion is natural in events like this.

Everyday in town we see beggars, they are not only beggars, but they are fakes. They are mainly foreign, all have mobile phones and call each other when the police are sighted. Do I give them anything - do I hell!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Red Devil said:
Excuse me! There is no need for this. I am not wrapped up in a little cyber world either. I am being realistic.

How many emails a month do you get asking for your unrgent help in looking after somebody elses money, how many offering you the chance of a lifetime and again, how many telling you you have won the Transylvanian Lottery when your email was drawn out at ramdom??

Its the nature of the beast to be suspicious when people ask for donations on the internet.

I am aware that SR brought this to our attention but, who is SR? I do not know him; only through this forum. I do not know you at all before this thread commenced - how do I know who you are?

When you come down off your podium of righteousness and plant your feet back on terra firma, think!! I am only expressing doubts that thousands of others do every day on the net eveywhere in the world. There is so much spam in the world, it leaves little room for reality.

The doubts I expressed are a natural progression of life in cyberspace - for every genuine person on the net there are thousands of fakes. People who live by sponging on the unsuspecting; fakes who are not what they seem in forums worldwide. Of course I am going to ask for authentication - I would be stupid not too.

Your alleged anger in your posts only goes to reinforce my suspicion. Genuine people would state "well, I am asking for your help, if you feel that it should not be forthcoming, then I am sorry and my apologies for bothering you" and NOT going off at a tangent and screaming at me/us.

Suspicion is natural in events like this.

Everyday in town we see beggars, they are not only beggars, but they are fakes. They are mainly foreign, all have mobile phones and call each other when the police are sighted. Do I give them anything - do I hell!
over £2000 raised allready,may make a massive difference to families that could not normally afford to fly out and see their loved ones and we will carry on untill the end no matter what,because united means united regardless of who and what they are.Happy new year my boys in rome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
corbyred said:
over £2000 raised allready,may make a massive difference to families that could not normally afford to fly out and see their loved ones and we will carry on untill the end no matter what,because united means united regardless of who and what they are.Happy new year my boys in rome.
edited to say£2115 and going strong,liverpool,everton,whu,wall,villa,roma,arsenal fcum to name but a few of the lads that have chipped in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
no evidence whatsoever

corbyred said:
edited to say£2115 and going strong,liverpool,everton,whu,wall,villa,roma,arsenal fcum to name but a few of the lads that have chipped in.
An update from raddy on Red Issue

Got a letter off one of the lads imprisoned in rome, basically it was a letter for help money wise, the reason they are still in rome was the juniour duty solicitor who they had who didnt have a ****ing clue what he was doing.
The police did not turn up to give any evidence (their was none) they got found guilty on hearsay, even the italian press are know questioning the non evidence and convictions.
They have now handed power of attorney over to a decent lawyer, who will appeal against these sentences, these lawyers are already working their bollocks off for the lads and cant belive how they got convicted without evidence.(all this video evidence is just a total lie, there is none end of story).
The lads have to pay for everything apart from water and three inedible meals, they know about this fund and are grateful to each and every person who has put in, the money so far will be going to fund the lawyers who are doing a great job trying to free the lads, and to the lads themselves just for home comforts we take for granted, food,clothes,toiletries etc, so dont think any penny is being wasted.

Like i said there will be a collection before the newcastle game in the pubs and approaches to united, so let anyone you know who is going to the match,spread the word so to speak.

The current website is http://roma4.blogspot.com/ and you can now deposit with a debit card for thick people like me who do not how to use paypal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thanks for the latest info CorbyRed, been neglecting my dutes i'm affraid.

Just like to add...latest total is £2445.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ok lads and lassies. As you can see there is nearly $2500 donated to the lads in Rome but they could really do with even more of our help.

We have all had a lovely Christmas with our families whereas these guys and their families have been put through a total nightmare during this time.

Any help with this would be much appreciated even if its only a small amount. It would mean a lot in helping some fellow Reds.
This ISNT a scam and myself and Sal can vouch for that.

There is now a website set up to take donations by card, so please feel free to donate to www.reds4reds.co.uk.

It will be expanded to include something from the families soon, pictures and testimonials.

Also, there is to be a bucket collection at various points near the ground on the day of the Newcastle home game so make sure to throw a few bob in there too.
I know there are a few of you going that day so please try and help out.

Thanks for reading and please try and help out. Dont just fob this off as this could have happened to you or your families if you had been to that match.
Thanks
Jazz

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.