Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Ince is now favourite to take over from mark hughes at Blackburn Rovers, but will this job be a two/three year stepping stone for him to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson when the great man finally retires ? many people regard him as one of the top young british managers, and some even say he'll be the first black England manager which would be extraordinary, i for one think he could be an amazing manager with extreme determination, i know we all hated him after signing for liverpool and going completely mental when scoring against us but hey, Mark Huges is the city manager now after scoring over 100 goals for us during the 90's :rolleyes: imo Ince will be a front runner in 2/3 years time for the united job along with Roy Keane ... of course there is a small matter with Ince's ultimate dream is to be Inter Milan head coach one day ... anyone got an opinion on this guys ?
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
Leicester City approached MK Dons for permission to speak to Ince last night.

The fans seem to want Shearer at Blackburn and the bookies have Allardyce as favourite to take over from Hughes. I'm not sure if Ince is ready for the step up tbh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unless you didnt know pal hughes has gone to city, and he is a major part in their ten year plan, i cant see why people would say he's not ready to step up, he's one of the best young managers in the english game and i believe this is where we are going wrong in english football, we'll trust an unknown foreigner most of the time but not a young enthusiastic brit ? it baffles me .. i believe blackburn should give him the chance ... i have to admit i would prefer keano as i've said all along but ince could be a better manager by that time ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
2/3 years time would definatly be too soon for Paul Ince. He has it in his locker to become a good manager, but he would definatly need more experience before coming to United. He hasn't even managed in the Premierhsip yet, so to be touting him around the United job yet isn't right I don't think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Drew9 said:
unless you didnt know pal hughes has gone to city, and he is a major part in their ten year plan, i cant see why people would say he's not ready to step up, he's one of the best young managers in the english game and i believe this is where we are going wrong in english football, we'll trust an unknown foreigner most of the time but not a young enthusiastic brit ? it baffles me .. i believe blackburn should give him the chance ... i have to admit i would prefer keano as i've said all along but ince could be a better manager by that time ...
i couldn't care less if Hughes is already in a job............Hughes would be an outstanding manager for United when SAF leaves
Keano....nope. He's a good manager, could have done better last season, don't think he'd drive United to complete success!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cleavers11 said:
i couldn't care less if Hughes is already in a job............Hughes would be an outstanding manager for United when SAF leaves
Keano....nope. He's a good manager, could have done better last season, don't think he'd drive United to complete success!
keane wouldnt drive us to success ? are you mad ? and yes mate hughes is in a job, and not just any job man city, how could he possibly jump ship now he's part of their ten year plan it would be ridiculous to suggest he will pack it it in two years and come to united ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not sure weather he will end up at united, but one thing i am confident about is that he will manage England one day, top up and comming young English manager :)
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,665 Posts
It's great to see a young British manager get a chance with a Premier League club - even if he is a traitorous Scouse lover :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
162 Posts
Drew9 said:
Paul Ince is now favourite to take over from mark hughes at Blackburn Rovers, but will this job be a two/three year stepping stone for him to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson when the great man finally retires ? many people regard him as one of the top young british managers, and some even say he'll be the first black England manager which would be extraordinary, i for one think he could be an amazing manager with extreme determination, i know we all hated him after signing for liverpool and going completely mental when scoring against us but hey, Mark Huges is the city manager now after scoring over 100 goals for us during the 90's :rolleyes: imo Ince will be a front runner in 2/3 years time for the united job along with Roy Keane ... of course there is a small matter with Ince's ultimate dream is to be Inter Milan head coach one day ... anyone got an opinion on this guys ?
Hope not he can stay at rovers, He not good enough to take the reigns no way hosay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jennaluvsunited said:
Hope not he can stay at rovers, He not good enough to take the reigns no way hosay
well no not yet obviously, thats what the thread says mate, the rovers job could mature him into one of the best managers in the country and im sure he will manage england one day, it's just it could make him a candidate for the united job in 3-4 years
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
Its far too early to even think about Ince (or someone like him) replacing Fergie.
I think Carlos is gonna be the next manager, David Gill suggested as much in a recent interview. When Liverpool were the dominant team they had new managers come from within the club, aswell as coaches which we are doing with the likes of Ole, Scholes, Giggs ect.

As things stand currrently I don't think the likes of Keane and Ince would even be considered for the manager's job, atleast for say 10 years.

As for the future who knows, but I hope Carlos is the next manager, then after that we'll see how things pan out for other managers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i cant see Carlos being a good manager to be honest, first class coach and has helped bring the club on, but i just wouldnt be all that at ease with him being the leader of our club, can he make the big decision etc, whereas i know Keane wouldnt be affraid, come to think of it neither would Ince or Cantona ...
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Drew9 said:
i cant see Carlos being a good manager to be honest, first class coach and has helped bring the club on, but i just wouldnt be all that at ease with him being the leader of our club, can he make the big decision etc, whereas i know Keane wouldnt be affraid, come to think of it neither would Ince or Cantona ...
he flopped as leader of real madrid and if u suck in that league then you have really got problems.

second behind scottish league as most pointless season. just have 10 celtic vs rangers or 10 real madrid vs barca games and winner wins league. bit like nba/nhl series.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
antdevil78 said:
he flopped as leader of real madrid and if u suck in that league then you have really got problems.

second behind scottish league as most pointless season. just have 10 celtic vs rangers or 10 real madrid vs barca games and winner wins league. bit like nba/nhl series.
Valencia won it in 2002 and 2004.....
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top