Manchester United Talk banner

Iniesta Out For Final???

6K views 115 replies 44 participants last post by  PeeJay 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I speak spanish and it doesn;t say he'll miss the final, however he has suffered a breakage of some part of his right leg and will definitely miss next weeks game vs Iniesta.

Iniesta no sólo se perderá la final copera, sino que peligra su participación en la final de la Champions League contra el Chelsea del próximo 27 de mayo.

This part here says: Iniesta will not just miss the final, but his participation in the champions league final against Chelski(meant to be UTD) in the 27th MAY is also in DANGER. Nothing definite yet...

#12 ·
I speak spanish and it doesn;t say he'll miss the final, however he has suffered a breakage of some part of his right leg and will definitely miss next weeks game vs Iniesta.

Iniesta no sólo se perderá la final copera, sino que peligra su participación en la final de la Champions League contra el Chelsea del próximo 27 de mayo.

This part here says: Iniesta will not just miss the final, but his participation in the champions league final against Chelski(meant to be UTD) in the 27th MAY is also in DANGER. Nothing definite yet...
Quite. It says it's an injury in one of his right upper leg muscles. He's definetely gonna miss the Copa D'El Rey final, and may miss the CL final. He's gonna be evaluated tomorrow to assess the extent of the injury and how long it'll take for him to return.

And even though As is a madrid sports paper, it's also in Sport (from Barcelona) and Marca, so it's confirmed.

#13 ·
Quite. It says it's an injury in one of his right upper leg muscles. He's definetely gonna miss the Copa D'El Rey final, and may miss the CL final. He's gonna be evaluated tomorrow to assess the extent of the injury and how long it'll take for him to return.

And even though As is a madrid sports paper, it's also in Sport (from Barcelona) and Marca, so it's confirmed.
So I'm right then?

And btw, google translate is totally unreliable, trust me I study 3 languages at Uni.;)

#15 ·
So I'm right then?

And btw, google translate is totally unreliable, trust me I study 3 languages at Uni.;)
Yeah.

I read the Sport report, and they say that if the rupture is big enough (several centimeters) he'll miss the CL final, but if it's just a small one, he could recover in time. Tomorrow they're probably gonna give him an ultrasound exam to determine just how big it is.

knee ligaments right? so he should be out for a good while?
no, it's an upper leg muscle. In your calf, I think.

#16 ·
So I'm right then?

if it is a muscle then he will be ready for the rome final but if it is ligaments then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: although it is not nice to hear that a player is injured.........hope it is nothing serious and that he will recover in the 28th of may!!!!!!:D

#18 ·
Yeah.

I read the Sport report, and they say that if the rupture is big enough (several centimeters) he'll miss the CL final, but if it's just a small one, he could recover in time. Tomorrow they're probably gonna give him an ultrasound exam to determine just how big it is.
If he makes it or not he won't be match fit, like Henry.
Barca players are dropping like flies.
I don't like to see players injured but in this case I'm delighted :p
The less players they have available for the big match the better.

#20 ·
If he makes it or not he won't be match fit, like Henry.
Barca players are dropping like flies.
I don't like to see players injured but in this case I'm delighted :p
The less players they have available for the big match the better.
It's his 3rd injury this season. Anyways, I hope he recovers. I'd like both teams to be at their top, with all players available, so we could see a real contest of giants, as it is, a potential weakness in United's midfield, a definite weakness in Barça's defense and a potential weakness in their attack could mean a poorer game...

#24 ·
Barca suffer Iniesta blow

Barcelona's Andres Iniesta is in a race against time to be fit for the UEFA Champions League final after being ruled out of the Copa del Rey with a thigh muscle tear.

The Spain midfielder sustained the problem in Sunday's 3-3 Primera Liga draw with Villarreal at Camp Nou.

Barca are set to examine the extent of Iniesta's injury on Monday and will then announce how long the 25-year-old is facing on the sidelines.

The playmaker will definitely miss Wednesday's Copa del Rey final with Athletic Bilbao, but his club are hopeful he will be fit to face Manchester United on 27th May.

Barca are already without suspended duo Dani Alves and Eric Abidal, while Thierry Henry is struggling to be ready for the Rome showpiece after suffering knee ligament trouble.

Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | Barcelona | Barca suffer Iniesta blow

Oh. My. God.

No Iniesta. No Henry. No Alvez. No Abidal. No. 4 for us then :D

But seriously, I doubt he'll miss it. Its mind games. He was probably gonna be rested for the next few games anyway, so Iniesta making a 'miracle comeback' will be for our 'benefit'.

Anyway, I have a feeling that the suspended players will win there cases anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.