Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rooney, Ferdinand, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Evans, Rafael (possibly even Giggs and Neville, not to mention Hargreaves) are all out for varying legnths of time. The injury situation is now bordering on crisis, if it hasn't already crossed that threshold.

In hindsight, the Carling Cup would obviously be the competition we would choose to sacrifice. But given these circumstances, should we field a somewhat 'weaker' line-up against spurs in the FA Cup? It would be a calculated gamble and we might go out. But with the PL, CL and Carling Cup final looming, can we handle the additional fixtures of a long FA cup run with such a depleted squad?

It would be disappointing, we have won this prestigious and historic competition more than anyone else. The FA Cup is our trophy.

Comments?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Been honest moondog, i don't think we can afford to rest anyone. I think we are down to our bare bones, and we'll have no choice but to field what we can.

Welbeck might play on the wing V Spuds, or even a rush Debut for Tosic. Times are stuff and it's worrying!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'll be hoping and praying that Anderson's injury isn't too serious and that our injured defenders all make speedy recoveries.

If we do end up with only Vidic and O'Shea as our only remaining experienced defenders then I'd be in favour of giving Chester and/or another youngster a chance.

If worst really comes to worst, could we look in to loaning a defender?

OR Calling back Simpson ?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i think this the reason we have john oshea. his versatility helps us get through these injuries. in the summer a lot of people wanted to sell him. i wonder at this time what type of backline we would play without him

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
If it's not O'Shea, Gary Neville could slot in the centre aswell and we could recall Simpson, maybe even be forced to give Fabio a run. I think we have a big enough squad to cope but Spurs was a hard enough game as it was, never mind with all these injuries.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts