Manucho - Hull City.
Zieler - Northampton Town.
Fabien Brandy - Hereford.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marty davidson said:
is Park not playing for Korea at the Olympics?
He was but they are knocked out or he got an aggravation of his injury.
Either way he's coming home.

RichardsReds said:
Very useful thread
Cheers Rich, thats the idea ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Park set to return to training.

I couldn't find an injury thread, so I'll post this here.

Park all set for Man Utd return

Manchester United hope to have Park Ji-Sung back in training next week after his recovery from a knee injury.

Park has been sidelined during United's pre-season preparations after he aggravated an old knee problem while on international duty in June.

"I need probably one more week before I return so I'm nearly there," the South Korean winger, 27, told MUTV.

"I'm looking forward to the season because last season I missed six months and I want to show my ability."

The former PSV Eindhoven player, who featured in many of United's most important games at the end of last season, has completed his rehabilitation much quicker than when he first picked up the injury.

Park now expects to take part in first team training sessions after United's Premier League opener against Newcastle at Old Trafford on Sunday.

==========================================================

Great news.

We were lacking genuine width and subs that can change games against Newcastle

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I never thought i'd say this, but than goodness that he's nearly back, get Fletcher off of that wing and put someone there with genuine wingers ability. Sshould be back for Pompey away.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Anderson to be back BEFORE the Pompey game, I'm not saying he is going to play it is up to SAF. But all I know is the Olympics Finals (For Football) is on the 23rd, and Utd vs Pompey is on the 25th. Wether he shall play or not I do not know, if he is playing in the finals then I belive he may be fatigue. But if he comes on for sub in the last 10-20 mins I belive he should play as Carick is out.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick will be out of action for "two or three weeks".

The England international sustained an ankle injury in the 1-1 draw with Newcastle United at Old Trafford and has withdrawn from the national team squad to play the Czech Republic on Wednesday.

Ryan Giggs also injured his hamstring in that match and may face a similar spell on the sidelines.

Carlos Tevez missed the Newcastle encounter after the death of an uncle, but will return for the next match against Portsmouth. Ferguson will also have a fitter Wayne Rooney at his disposal following his recent virus. That news is one of the few positives for the Scot who also saw youngster Fraizer Campbell pick up an injury.

"Michael has an ankle injury and it has swollen up very badly and he'll be out for maybe two or three weeks which is unfortunate," Ferguson said.

"Ryan's got a hamstring injury so it was disappointing to get these injuries on top of what we're missing anyway. I haven't got too many complaints. We did our best with the resources we had available.

"Carlos Tevez will be back for the Portsmouth match next week and Wayne [Rooney] will be much sharper and much fitter and in the second half it started to show for him but unfortunately Campbell also picked up an injury and I had to take him off, so we were asking Wayne to play through the middle when he's really needing games and it was a big ask."

1 - 20 of 262 Posts