Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These posts are from one of the biggest fc inter forums. Here are their opinions:

Well Jose got his wish and I think we can do it this year!

Nah, I think we'll draw at Giuseppe Meazza and will get f***ed at Old Trafford.

Believe me, we can beat any team in the world. Why not start with last year's winner?

Because we haven't impressed in CL since 2003.

I know we can beat any team in Serie A but can we beat any team in CL? I doubt that. At least for this moment.

I'm happy with the draw.

As for games, I'm quite confident we'll do well at Old Trafford. I'm a little bit more worried about the home game. So I guess it's good we'll start the other way around this time.

That's the most likely scenario. TBh I can see us losing at home even.

Come on, they are not so tough. With all key players in-form we can advance.

Our only hope is ManU isn't SO hungry anymore as before since they won it last season. Other than that, their quality is above us. Now we will see what is the level of our midfield as they face one of the best midfields in the world. Now Mourinho's skills take a real test.

Sorry, but they don't have such a good MF

Woah...ManU. I don't feel so bad about this.

Like someone said, a good test, right off the bat. At least if we lose it, it won't be so embarassing. But if we (can) win it, this will be a great morale booster moving forward.

The winners have gone out in the first knockout round in all of the last 4 years and Ferguson has only beaten Mourinho once in 12 attempts so good luck to Inter, better luck than last year I hope.

We got the most pathetic team in football history and we can be immortal by beating the hell out of them!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Thanks for posting.

Interesting stuff there. A great mixture of views.

Hopefully the pessimistic views will come true :D

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I haven't followed Italian football for quite some time, for obvious reasons. But I will say that the point someone made about our midfield may be true. Inter have Vieira and Cambiasso, who are two very good physical midfielders. Vieira's probably lost a step, but he'd relish facing us wouldn't he? Cambiasso is great at what he does for Argentina, so I presume he can do the same for Inter. Either way it'll be a big battle. Is Fletcher up to that?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
The thing with Inter milan is this they have won it twice a long time ago but in the last 20 years other than the uefa cup what have they done in europe ?

Not much they seem to let themselves down every year !!

And I hope they do the same this year.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
martinutd said:
We got the most pathetic team in football history and we can be immortal by beating the hell out of them!
What an odd thing to say. How do you become immortal by beating a pathetic team? :confused:

Those crazy Italians! :rolleyes:

Anyways, an interesting mixed response from their supporters. I'm sure United fans will have mixed feelings too. The toughest draw we could have got imo but I still think we have a good chance of going through, especially with the 2nd leg at OT.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
reddwarf said:
What an odd thing to say. How do you become immortal by beating a pathetic team? :confused:

Those crazy Italians! :rolleyes:

Anyways, an interesting mixed response from their supporters. I'm sure United fans will have mixed feelings too. The toughest draw we could have got imo but I still think we have a good chance of going through, especially with the 2nd leg at OT.

We are pathetic are we well we will see in feb wont we !!!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Honestly, I'm not worried about them as much as I should be. Winning the Serie A doesn't mean anything to them anymore, and the pressure is definitely on the Special One, to deliver in Europe.

We shall see.

imo, United advance 3-1 on aggregate.

1-1 at the San Siro.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
reddwarf said:
:D.
Viera and Cambiasso are getting on now. If we play are usual quick flowing, passing game (with Evra and a fit Gazza/or Rafael) racing up and down the wings, I'd expect us to overwhelm them and create tons of chances. It's up to Berba. Rooney and Co. to take them though, something which hasn't come easily to them so far this season. However, they'll be settled down by March and hopefully will be in top form.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
they seem a bit pessimistic dont they, but the one post that says that our midfield is down is a bit true, but I think we can pull it off, they have been poor in the cl this year.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Well, like i said in the other topic, Mourinho's main goal is the Champions League. And he knows that, and he knows he hasn't shown it during this group stage, so that's why he wanted a big team in the last 16, to prove that Inter have what it takes to go through all the way.

We have close to 2 months to go till the 1st leg, anyways, so a lot can change till then, but one thing's for certain, it's gonna be a couple of matches to remember :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
they are not very confident of their chances are they!!! :p

they know they have it tough......we know it too....but im sure we do have the better chance of winning!!!!!!

thanks for that martin...very interesting...

although this guy is quite odd!!
i think he was on drugs or was drunk!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope very very much for the result.........
I am a supporter of Juventus and I hate the nerassurdi....... bleah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forza MU!!!!!!! Send them at home!!!

Ps Congratulations for the world title. You are great

·
Registered
2 Posts
piazza said:
Honestly, I'm not worried about them as much as I should be. Winning the Serie A doesn't mean anything to them anymore, and the pressure is definitely on the Special One, to deliver in Europe.

We shall see.

imo, United advance 3-1 on aggregate.

1-1 at the San Siro.
I hope very very much 4-0 for you :)

I am a supporter of Juventus and I hate the nerassurdi.......... bleah!!!!!!

Forza MU! Send them at home!!!

Ps Congratulations for world title. You are great

1 - 20 of 82 Posts