Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They always seem to come up when you want a game the following week. This time round its at an interesting stage of the season.

United are in a bit of a rut on the back of two defeats and 3 poor performances, with questions of complacency being asked by fans and media alike.

Liverpool are on the back of an incredible few days scoring 13 goals in 3 games against two of the biggest names in world football and a team challenging brilliantly for a place in the top 4.

This time the break stops both but who is t most beneficial for, if anyone team in particular. Injuries can be picked up, travelling for players, new routine for a few days etc...

Spain have a trip to Istanbul coming up, England and Portugal have home ties, so players from both clubs will be on the go and have extra pressures on them.

Personally, I think that if it is to be on benefit to either team, it will be United. Why? Its two weeks to calm down, think about what has been done wrong, what mistakes have been made and then how things can be fixed back up. Come back from the Int. games as fresh as possible and hit the ground running for the checkered flag as such. United will also have a day extra to prepare for with their clash with Aston Villa on the Sunday with Liverpool having to make a journey south to play Fulham. Its also coming right when Liverpool were hitting good form, so do you think it has the potential to be the spanner to loosen the bolts on the Liverpool team?

What do you think?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I agree.

Having 2 weeks of no club football could well disrupt Liverpool, whereas our players will be able to clear there heads while away and hopefully come back with this bad spell behind them.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think its probably an advantage for us, the way I see it, for us its a bit of time to reflect and let all the panic talk die down so we can get back to business as usual, and for Liverpool - hopefully - it will just disrupt their rhythm a bit, because lets face it they're in such good form I'm sure they'd happily play a game every day so the last thing they want is to have to leave Liverpool and fly off with their national teams. So fingers crossed this break has come at the perfect time.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
perfect time for us, dippers may lose some of the confidence/momentum they have built up.
Sir Alex can get his teeth into sorting the squad out:D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It will give Rafael a chance to recover further, he's back in training this week. Plus Neville could use the training too.

Alot depends on if any key players pick up injuries while away.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
you have to look at the injuries once they return to see who is most benefitted. but on the contrary, i think that with most of our players involved in either internationals or recuperation, it will be a welcome distraction, possibly even a taste of victory for the first time in a couple of weeks, and then back to old trafford for the final push towards the line.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Normally I moan about international weeks but this one Im really looking forward to.
United have lost 2 on the trot and the players need a break from it. A lot of them will get to go home, see family, friends and unwind. I know the ones playing might get tired but it could do them the world of good, especially if their country does well. and then you have edwin, Giggs and Scholes who will get a break from it (I know Scholes is suspended but still ya catch my drift)
Cmon Ireland!!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
good for us if torres or gerrard gets crocked !!!

lets hope the turks turn torres into a kebab

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I personally think it is a bad thing , we had too big a gap after the liverpool defeat till our next match.
if we had a midweek game straight after , we would have took it out on the opposition but a week is a long time to wait.
Its also a long wait for liverpool i bet they want the games to come thick and fast as they can do no wrong at the minute.
Possibly it will end up in our favour even if it just upsets their momentum a little bit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts