Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wat do u guys have to say about the friendlies that took place this week? I was delighted as France beat England,but i was gutted when Jamaica drew with Trinidad.I cant believe Jamaica were leading 2-0 at the break then we let in two silly goals.Anyway,enough about me.Wat did u think about the friendlies?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
France v England turned out to be a non-event.

N.Ireland had a great 4-1 victory over Georgia and David Healy scored again. He has an incredible scoring record at international level.

Next up, Republic of Ireland v Serbia :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I was disappointed England lost but not surprised. The truth is that we were not good enough to qualify for Euro 2008. It'll take time for Capello to turn things around but he's a top class manager and I'm hopeful he can make a positive difference.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i think their was a lot of posistives from the england match. the team showed improvement in confidance and desire, they also showed a will to win and actually went out with a game plan. only thing to say is that england cannot penatrate the goal. need a formula up front that will produce goals but i have no clue what that formula could be

northern ireland was great cause i enjoy healy's international level. shocking really, because he is not picking up many league games at all.

scotlands performance against croatia was better than ours a few months ago but im not sure on their new manager

pattos goal for brazil was amazing if you managed to catch it, sure its up on youtube so take a look

thats all i covered really so meh

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Wales are moving forward :)
Two wins in the last two i went to watch us against Norway and we were fantastic and on wednesday we put in a decent show, obviously we arent ready for the big time yet but the manager is excellent and there is an array of talent around the squad and the majority of it is young!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think they should not be played at this critical stage in the club football season...I was really happy with Australia's result in the World Cup Qualifier :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
France v England turned out to be a non-event.

N.Ireland had a great 4-1 victory over Georgia and David Healy scored again. He has an incredible scoring record at international level.

Next up, Republic of Ireland v Serbia :)

LOL

you said this so perky

should I be scared:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yeah, great to see Singapore defeat Lebanon 2-0 at home in the Fifa 2010 World Cup 3rd round qualifiers! Should've been a greater margin as we had one shot that came off the post & we wasted many gilt-edged chances. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts