Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some massive games in World cup qualifying this week, and Im really looking forward to it.
A small break from the Premiership is needed imo. Especially after the last 2 games....

Some of the games we can look forward to:

28 March
Rep of Ireland v Bulgaria
Holland v Scotland
Northern Ireland v Poland
Portugal v Sweden
Spain v Turkey
Wales v Finland

1 April
Italy v Rep of Ireland
England v Ukraine
Northern Ireland v Slovenia
Scotland v Iceland
Wales v Germany

(apologies if I didnt include your country) other games here>BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | Fixtures

So how do you think your country will get on?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
well ya might have a small chance at home against Iceland :whistling:
We've got a great chance against Iceland, especially considering it's at Hampden. They're not a great team, apart from Gudjohnsen and Gunnarsson, the good young player who plays for Coventry. Hopefully though, George Burley goes with a more attacking 4-4-2 than his usual 4-3-3/4-5-1 where he ends up playing a striker who shouldn't be playing up there.

If we don't beat Iceland at Hampden, then I honestly think it's game over. Obviously, if we can get anything from the Holland game than that will be absolutely incredible, but anything less than 3 points from the Iceland game isn't good enough.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've got a great chance against Iceland, especially considering it's at Hampden. They're not a great team,
lol you clearly missed me extracting the urine there Jay :rofl:
If Scotland dont beat Iceland they should all be shot.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Ireland should beat Bulgaria and I am hoping for a draw against Italy. Anyone else going to the games.

COME ON IRELAND!!!!!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Some great news and bad news for Scotland looking towards the double header;

Great news is that Kirk Broadfoot and David Weir have pulled out of the squad :banana:. Bad news is that Paul Hartley and Kris Commons are out, and Hutton will miss the Holland game. McManus is also out, but Darren Barr and Christophe Berra are both as good, if not better imo, so it'll be good to see them play for Scotland.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
My mate left today to go to Amstradam for the game, he's such a lucky f**ker, he goes to heaps of the away games.

I have a ticket for the Iceland game on Wednesday but can't go anymore :( So annoying.

Out of these two games id be happy with 3 points, but i reckon we could get a sneaky result in Holland :D aswel as beating Iceland.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
My mate left today to go to Amstradam for the game, he's such a lucky f**ker, he goes to heaps of the away games.

I have a ticket for the Iceland game on Wednesday but can't go anymore :( So annoying.

Out of these two games id be happy with 3 points, but i reckon we could get a sneaky result in Holland :D aswel as beating Iceland.
That's a shame. Tickets are so hard to get as well. I haven't been to a Scotland game yet, and Wednesday games aren't really suitable for me anyway.

Yeah, 3 points is a must. If we don't beat Iceland I think we can say it's all over imo. The Dutch have been shouting their mouths of all week, so hopefully we can give them something to think about. ;)

Someone who text in to teletext said that he had a dream about Scotland winning 3-1, so hopefully that comes true :whistling: :p

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
That's a shame. Tickets are so hard to get as well. I haven't been to a Scotland game yet, and Wednesday games aren't really suitable for me anyway.
Iv already got my tickets sorted for the two home games in September versus Macedonia and Holland :D

The best Scotland game iv ever been to was Scotland v Ukraine in October 2007, 3-1 Scotland ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Iv already got my tickets sorted for the two home games in September versus Macedonia and Holland :D

The best Scotland game iv ever been to was Scotland v Ukraine in October 2007, 3-1 Scotland ;)
Lucky you ;). The Holland game will be fantastic. It should be a great atmosphere, and there could end up being a lot to play for if the battle for 2nd is still very close.

That Ukraine game was a great game, as was the whole Euro 2008 qualifying campaign. It's just a shame it didn't come to anything :(

1 - 20 of 178 Posts