Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this lad from the dark side :eek: ,has really impressed me this season with his all action displays and box to box running and he has scored some terrific goals , these are the attributes our very own captain marvel posessed and he is even madder than keano , he is way better than any of utds midfielders it hurts to say it but i won't let rivalry get in the way of talent .do you think hughsie will sell him to utd before he gets sacked :D or perhaps we can swap him for nani and berbatov :rofl:. IF ONLY.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He has a lot of baggage but he has been a phenomenon this season. An excellent player, easily outshining the mighty Robinho. He wouldnt come to United though nor would we have him I think.
Im just holding out hope that he ******* puts on the green shirt of Ireland again. :(

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Great talent and my pick for Young Player of The Year. Fantastic player but he's got severe issue's. Hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow and doesnt end up a train-wreck.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He should get YPOTY imo, but the Bookies thinl Young has already got it sewn up. Obviously they could be wrong, but if they're right I'd be quite confused as to why he should get it over Ireland tbh.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think he's a brilliant player, so creative and his work rate is top too. Really carries City. In their last European game, while his team mates, including Robinho, seemed nervy with the occasion, Ireland rose to the occasion and took responsibility for controlling the City midfield. He's really improved and his fitness commitment and professionalism this season and good on him. I'd have him at United but don't see it happening.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i think he should win young player of the year hands down.......i think he has really got his head sorted out this year and knuckled down, saw an interview with him where he said he felt he had to get down to it this year and prove some of his detractors wrong. he's always had talent its just now coming to the fore on a regular basis. his bald head with some sort of beard combo still looks ridiculous tho :)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
his audi rs8 speaks for itself. got the trimmings resprayed from red to baby blue. i wouldnt have him at united as his a city boy. but no doubting his a class player. work rate spot on. keeps things simple and tidy. strong and lets people knows his there for 90 minutes. should get it award ahead of young simply down to consistency. best player iv seen at city for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time

def wears a wig tho

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
his audi rs8 speaks for itself. got the trimmings resprayed from red to baby blue. i wouldnt have him at united as his a city boy. but no doubting his a class player. work rate spot on. keeps things simple and tidy. strong and lets people knows his there for 90 minutes. should get it award ahead of young simply down to consistency. best player iv seen at city for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time

def wears a wig tho
giggsy?

he's a quality player, really runs a city team full of expensive players. wouldn't look out of place in a top four midfield. have to say the bald/beard combo gives him a serious gnome look

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
He has a lot of baggage but he has been a phenomenon this season. An excellent player, easily outshining the mighty Robinho. He wouldnt come to United though nor would we have him I think.
Im just holding out hope that he ******* puts on the green shirt of Ireland again. :(
puts on the green shirt of ireland again, as an irish lad i found it a disgrace when he refused to play with ireland by saying his gran had died, hes been asked to play by trap loads of times but he ignores him, why shud he play, darren gibson is playing gud football when he gets on for utd bet he wouldnt refuse to play for his country, fair enuf hes havin a gud season and the irish team cud use a player like em but if he has a bad season next year people will start to say, oh hes not gud i dont want him to play...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
puts on the green shirt of ireland again, as an irish lad i found it a disgrace when he refused to play with ireland by saying his gran had died, hes been asked to play by trap loads of times but he ignores him, why shud he play, darren gibson is playing gud football when he gets on for utd bet he wouldnt refuse to play for his country, fair enuf hes havin a gud season and the irish team cud use a player like em but if he has a bad season next year people will start to say, oh hes not gud i dont want him to play...
That is exactly why. He is Ireland's best midfielder and we need him. There were reasons behind 'Grannygate'. I would give him anothe chance in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ireland is a great midfielder who should have got a nomination for Player of the Year, not just win Young Player of the Year. He has the potential to be as good as Gerrard, perhaps even better. I'm comparing him to Gerrard because he's a similar player by the way - not trying to start any debate about who is the best midfielder around.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Ireland is a great midfielder who should have got a nomination for Player of the Year, not just win Young Player of the Year. He has the potential to be as good as Gerrard, perhaps even better. I'm comparing him to Gerrard because he's a similar player by the way - not trying to start any debate about who is the best midfielder around.
certainly YPOTY. but not player of the year. i believe lampard is playing better than ireland.
he has the potential to become the best midfielder in machester, but im sure he isnt yet.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
certainly YPOTY. but not player of the year. i believe lampard is playing better than ireland.
he has the potential to become the best midfielder in machester, but im sure he isnt yet.
Lampard has been totally overlooked for the POTY award this season. It's an absolute disgrace tbh. He's been immense.

As for Ireland, he can go and jump for all I care.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That is exactly why. He is Ireland's best midfielder and we need him. There were reasons behind 'Grannygate'. I would give him anothe chance in a heartbeat.
why give em another chance, give gibson a chance, give other players a chance, andy ried for example, is playin great for ireland and he wont pick em, for what reason i dont know but i bet he didnt say his gran died did he..

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Lampard has been totally overlooked for the POTY award this season. It's an absolute disgrace tbh. He's been immense.

As for Ireland, he can go and jump for all I care.
agreed. giggs is in there just because of sentiments. rio,vidic,VDS, and ronaldo deserves it though. lampard should be in.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
agreed. giggs is in there just because of sentiments. rio,vidic,VDS, and ronaldo deserves it though. lampard should be in.
Lamps has had a better season than Ronaldo tbf. It's the typicial hate of Frank Lampard in England though. 'Stevie G' is god and Frank Lampard is *****.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Stephen Ireland - What a Talent the lad is, **** sake why can't he just come back and play for Ireland:rolleyes: It's what we sre crying out for at the moment, a creative midfielder.. But anyway he's a quality PL midfielder who has the lot IMO.. He's a box-to-box midfielder with a fantastic range of passing.. He scores his fair share of goals too.. He has made Robinho look shit this season and has easily been Citteh's best player.. I feel he shoud definately win the YPOTY Award for this brillant season that he's had.. He played a ball to Robinho in the Allborg game after 35 seconds I think it was, then he got up the pitch again ony to score himself.. The pass itself was world class that you would only see a top player pull off and this lad is up there with the best midfielders in the PL..!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great talent and my pick for Young Player of The Year. Fantastic player but he's got severe issue's. Hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow and doesnt end up a train-wreck.
i reckon he has been the stand out young player this season by far , he has been imense on a few occasions that i have watched city on tv . and he has got severe issues alright , he is bordering on plain crackers but he has really knuckled down this season and i think this fella can rise to the top in the next 3-4 years . and he had a red trim on his car which was changed to a blue trim :D perhaps he knows the grass is greener elsewhere , and its totally nonsense for anybody to believe that if a player plays for a main rival he cannot come and suceed at utd ; cantona did ok and dennis law went to city ,this is sport not war .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts