Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=685234
Derek Wanner, Goal.com

Dennis Irwin is convinced that his old club Manchester United will overcome the late resistance by Chelsea to win the Premier League crown.

Irwin, who won the FA Cup three times during his 12 seasons as a player at Old Trafford, believes his former club will keep their noses in front of the suddenly rampant Blues until over the finish line.

United currently only edge Chelsea on goal difference with just one goal to play, but a win at Wigan will guarantee them their tenth Premier League title.

“I'm speaking from my head as well [as my heart], I just think they have got enough in them to go and win at Wigan,†said the ex United full-back.

“They have had a couple of tough away games recently at Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Chelsea but their fate is in their own hands and they know exactly what they need to do.

“But I think they are still capable of going to Wigan - even though Wigan have been on a great run and haven't conceded that many goals, Steve Bruce has done a fantastic job up there - but I just feel that they have got the bit between their teeth and know exactly what they want and they will go and do it.â€

- Great to hear that vote of confidence from Mr. dependable. Usually when I read comments from former legends, I would say something like: "We could use him in the next game", but this time, I am very happy to have the new Mr Dependable in the team - step forward Monsieur Patrice Evra.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts