:groupwave reversed:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
ok after all the vs. threads i think this one had to be made :rolleyes:

start debating :construction:

:groupwave reversed:
henzie?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

irwin nd then evra but evra is running him close if evra keeps up his form for another two seasons i will prob pick evra

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Wait...wasnt the reason to the birth canal leaving is because he couldnt compete with evra or something like that??

In terms of defending i go with Irwin but going forward i go with Evra. Love his understanding with Ronny but i still think evra lack of ability to track back. He is better going forward. Maybe two or three years more, he might improve in this area hopefully.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
in 2005 Heinze was out best player our best player
No he wasn't. Rooney was.

Heinze was just a really popular figure because of his determination and great (or so we thought) attitude.

He was shocking after that injury, and hasn't got back to that level.

Besides, that was just 1 season.

Evra has had 2 1/2 great seasons, and has been the best LB in the world for 1 1/2 of those.

Iriwn was consistantly very good for years and years.

Heinze doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as a Legend like Irwin and a trully world class player like Evra.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
^Maybe he got the year wrong, but in his debut season, Heinze was the fans' POTY. Quite sure of that.

Anyway, Evra totally outshone him and he couldn't hack it, so good riddance to bad rubbish.

Irwin than Evra...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
dennis irwin the other two could not lace his boots .
irwin always scored 7/10 he was probably the most consistent player utd have ever had.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
^Maybe he got the year wrong, but in his debut season, Heinze was the fans' POTY. Quite sure of that.

Anyway, Evra totally outshone him and he couldn't hack it, so good riddance to bad rubbish.

Irwin than Evra...
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he was the best player. The POTY is more about popularity than talent.

Remember Cantona winning player of the Century....

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he was the best player. The POTY is more about popularity than talent.

Remember Cantona winning player of the Century....
Remember that too. Fans have short memories.

About the awards thingy, I think abo was trying to hint at the POTY award when he worte "he was our best player". If he didn't and really meant to say that Heinze was our best player than that is debatable, but even I have to say that Heinze was very impressive in his debut season.

(Even iwth his freaking "helicopter arms" style of defending!)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Evra would be my choice, slightly ahead of Irwin. He is consistently stunning. He has been our third best player this year imo, closely behind Carrick and Vidic. His understanding down the left when Ronaldo is there is formidable and he has one of the best leaps I have ever seen from a man of his size. He is pure quality and probably one of our greatest ever signings in modern times along with Vida. He is by far the best left back in world football atm, something Irwon never achieved.

I think the main reason why people hold Denis in such high esteem is simply because of his loyalty and devotion to the Utd shirt. He also had a great left peg on him and his free kicks and penalties provided us with an unnatural amount of important goals. Undoubtedly he was a United great , but I do think that Evra will be here for another 5 + Years and that will provide him with a platform to become twice the legend Denis ever was....

So if I had to choose, It would certainly be Paddy E.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
EVRA!!!!

dont bother mention.. heinze.. he is crap wanting to go to liverscum and seen him in madrid.. suprise marcelo dont get his spot

irwin was a top class left back but rate evra better

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Irwin

Evra

Heinze.

Irwin shits on both of them, Evra needs 5-7 more seasons at his current level.

·
Registered
70 Posts
At the moment Irwin is ahead but if Evra stays loyal to the club and stays consistantly as good as he is now then i can see him overtaking Irwin.

Heinze doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as the other two, he has completely destroyed any cred he had when he looked to go to the scousescum.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i would like to say that irwin is the best of all
on that position. But if you are talking at the
moment, EVRA IS THE BEST LEFT-BACK IN
THE WORLD!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts