Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the season he has had with chekski (5 runners-up prizes including euros with the germans)

the injury season before that

and the loss of the quad when he played for b.leverkusen it got me thinking is this man cursed.

now i know he is the enemy and this should be looked on humoursly but in fairness to the guy its not right.

he is a quality mid fielder i think we can all see that from this years game down at the bridge and his performances last season in general.

(still loving his push on chelski team mate ferrira for goal against portugal)

·
23,699 Posts
Cursed or not, I only know that if I am a footballer, I wouldn't want to be his team mate.:D :D

And that push was oh so sly, cynical but professional.:p

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had to laugh after the Euro final. I didn't really care who won during the game but in hindsight I was glad it was Spain. Can't stand Ballack. His life will always be one big silver medal after he sold himself out.

I was hoping it would go to penalty shoot-outs so badly. There's nothing better to watch when you don't care what happens.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Anyone who sells their sole to Chelsea deserves to be cursed.. 5 Shameful SILVER medals in 12 months! must be a record!

Community Shield : 2nd best
Carling Cup : 2nd best
Premier League : 2nd best
Champions League : 2nd best
European Championships! : 2nd best

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I was reading in the paper the other day (Cant remember which one) but it was before the Euro Final and it said that Michael Ballack as to win has he has lost in 7 finals :eek: obviously its now 8 that must be a record of some sort:

Some of the finals he as lost in are as follows

German Cup Final
Champions League twice
Community Shield
League Cup
German League Cup
Euro 2008
World Cup 2002 (was suspended and didn't play)

The above list DOESN'T include league runner up medals that he also has

I think thats them all not sure but as stated in an earlier post i wouldn't like to be his team mate come cup final day ha ha

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
eoininho said:
Anyone who sells their sole to Chelsea deserves to be cursed.. 5 Shameful SILVER medals in 12 months! must be a record!

Community Shield : 2nd best
Carling Cup : 2nd best
Premier League : 2nd best
Champions League : 2nd best
European Championships! : 2nd best

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH!!!
I think I can add abit to this list:.

Michael Ballack has been a losing finalist in the following competitions:

Champions League 2002: 2nd best
World Cup 2002: 2nd best (didn't play, because he was suspended for the final)
German Cup (DFB Pokal) 2003: 2nd best
Premier League 2007: 2nd best
Community Shield 2008: 2nd best
Carling Cup 2008: 2nd best
Premier League 2008: 2nd best
Champions League 2008 : 2nd best
European Championships 2008 : 2nd best

However, I would like to note that he also won the Bundesliga + German Cup double THRICE with Bayern Munich in 2003, 2005 and 2006.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Champions League 2002: 2nd best
World Cup 2002: 2nd best (didn't play, because he was suspended for the final)
German Cup (DFB Pokal) 2003: 2nd best
Premier League 2007: 2nd best
Community Shield 2008: 2nd best
Carling Cup 2008: 2nd best
Premier League 2008: 2nd best
Champions League 2008 : 2nd best
European Championships 2008 : 2nd best
:( I'm sorry but despite my dislike of Chelsea I admire Ballack & it hurts me so much that a world class player has had no real joy to speak of.

Admit it, like or loath him, you can't ignore him. When you look at a player like Benni McCarthy having won the CL

and then you realise Ballack despite being a 100 times the player, no offence McCarthy, has won nothing...

You have to wonder whether there is such thing as justice and karma in the universe.

He deserves the medal so much more than Torres, than Capdevilla, than Marchena...

I honestly don't know if there was anyone on the pitch who deserved the medal more than Ballack.

With the possible exception of Turkey. Actually talk about injustice, if Turkey had had Nihat, Tuncay, Arda & Volkan

they would have pushed Germany aside. Then they would have dismantled a disbelieving Spain. There is no justice. :(

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
I had to laugh after the Euro final. I didn't really care who won during the game but in hindsight I was glad it was Spain. Can't stand Ballack. His life will always be one big silver medal after he sold himself out.

I was hoping it would go to penalty shoot-outs so badly. There's nothing better to watch when you don't care what happens.
ManUtd19 just read my mind! Exactly how I feel lol I hate Ballack and I was so happy to see him cry in Moscow and now in Vienna :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
dlan4327 said:
:( I'm sorry but despite my dislike of Chelsea I admire Ballack & it hurts me so much that a world class player has had no real joy to speak of.

Admit it, like or loath him, you can't ignore him. When you look at a player like Benni McCarthy having won the CL

and then you realise Ballack despite being a 100 times the player, no offence McCarthy, has won nothing...

You have to wonder whether there is such thing as justice and karma in the universe.

He deserves the medal so much more than Torres, than Capdevilla, than Marchena...

I honestly don't know if there was anyone on the pitch who deserved the medal more than Ballack.

With the possible exception of Turkey. Actually talk about injustice, if Turkey had had Nihat, Tuncay, Arda & Volkan

they would have pushed Germany aside. Then they would have dismantled a disbelieving Spain. There is no justice. :(
Why does Ballack deserve a medal more than Torres?

Benni McCarthy has a CL medal. So what? John O'Shea has a CL winner's medal too. Would you take it off john O'Shea and give it to Ball-Lack?

Ballack would never play for a team like Porto, but Benni McCarthy didn't mind one bit and as a result he was a part of something very, very special that Porto managed to achieve under Mourinho.

To jog your memory, Ballack was courted by Man Utd AND Chelsea, but he decided to go to Chelsea. He moved and the only thing he's won since joining Abromo-Bitch and Co is the FA Cup.

·
Registered
63 Posts
He has reached more finals than most English players and is on 120grand a week cant be too bad.Sometimes the bitterness towards other players is a strange one,especially after Utds past triumphs...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I disagree. I do believe in karma. And the fact that after he got his head acidentally busted open, he with in for a spiteful late tackle jarring his cleats into an ankle (twice if i remember right - one after he came back on and another a few minutes later)

Football is so much more than what you can do with the ball...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts