Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Fergie scared of Berbatov no way he simply rates him very highly spent 30 million on him in the summer so wants to give him playing time.

Besides he has rested Berbatov loads as of late.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I don't think he's scared of berba fergies not scared of anyone. I think he knows how good berba is like we all do, berba's settled in now and banging them in at the moment, so i think SAF is just letting him play because he is pure class. :)

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Berbatov is class and although Tevez has a high workrate Berba is always capable of something while Tevez is a poor finisher

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Well i don't think he's afraid of him, i just think if he's going to pay 30 million for a striker that brings so much to the game he won't drop him much, besides he has once or twice not played him, e.g against middlesbro and so on, he rests him and tevez gets a chance then, also with our injury problems of late he can't really afford to.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If Ferguson was willing to throw Keane, Beckham, and van Nistelrooy out, I doubt he'd be afraid of Berbatov. I mean heck, even the Russian Mafia would quiver at a drunken Scotsman, yet alone Sir Alex. ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Rooneys_Temper said:
Fergie scared of a player.......are you serious? Have you been alive in the last 10 years??? Beckham/Ruud/Keano........

Anyway,Fergie wants the play to rotate around Berba as he knows his one moment of brilliance will win a game.He has no fear in team selection,he has a vision.
Of course I don't think Fergie is afraid of Berba literally , it's a bit of a play on words I used. He's not afraid of anyone. What I do wonder is why Tevez wasn't getting much of a look in even in the minor matches. I understand the bedding in issue being raised by many and I also understand that Berba is the natural first choice over Tevez. But even so Fergie seemed very keen to include Berba in as many games as he could at whatever cost. Even the first game v Liverpud , when many here agreed that the 433 wrecked our formation - Berba still HAD to play right from the start.

It's quite normal for a new big signing to bed in or come on from the bench. Berba seems to have had everything his own way , even to the point where Tevez was so shunned that he was forced to consider his position at the club. What brought it home to me was when he scored 4 in that game and still seemed to be not given much of a role (eg a substitution on 70 minutes even).

Don't misunderstand . I think Berba is the man and last season I said to my mate what a great thing it would be to see him here. But Tevez is a great utility forward and he needs to be kept happy , even if that means Berba comes off now and then on 70 minutes. What I know of Berba's charactor is that if the roles had been reversed he would have left by now or missed training or something. The toys would have left the pram.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Richie said:
I think its just simply down to every time Berbtov plays he looks more settled into the team and is producing a lot for us to be honest.
agreed. i think he has 9 goals and 9 assists in 22 matches for us. and as every game goes on he does more and more.

·
Registered
93 Posts
desmondo said:
......But even so Fergie seemed very keen to include Berba in as many games as he could at whatever cost......
The reason is Berba should get used to the team and this is vital for an expensive transfer and quality player or both are lost money and quality on the field.
Look at Keane in Liverpool, what a shame!!!
Berbatov is very intelligent person not only on the field, no doubt, but the answer is as I said nothing tricky.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Fergie has never been scared of a player in his life.

He's seen all sorts of players come and go in his 20 years at the club. I'm sure he's dealt with moody players before!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Fergie is the boss at the club and rules it with an iron fist,players know where thay stand with him,mess him about and
you out the door,its that simple and i'm sure Berba knows the score,he's oldskool as managers go,but his methods work
the buck stops with him the players know that,but look at the rewards it reaps[disipline that is] come trophy time it works.

Giggs and Gerrard both been at their relative clubs over 10yrs,now lets have a look at the trophy cabinet of Steve G,then
lets open cabinet of Giggsy,a bottomless pit of silverware,fergie is a managerial god and the players who come know that.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Fergie will NEVER be afraid of ANY! thats why hes the best and most respected coach in the world, you think Robinho would try that effing off to Rio trick on Fergie, not a chance!

He's giving Berba as much time as possible to bed into the team, he and his team mates as Fergie has said are getting used to each other, and we are now going to see the best of him, and yes it is likely he will be rotated a bit more as soon as he has settled down... I don't know how many times I have to say it but Fergie is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS right, you guys talking thrash in the Transfer forum about Huntellaar being a better option for us, wtf do any of us know about football, this is the greatest manager that will EVER live we're/you're questioning here... I know we need to have debates but if you look back through the threads over the last few months

Threads about Berba being the wrong option for United.... You were all wrong!
Ronaldo should leave.... you were all wrong
Shouldnt have let Pique go... Evans amazing, you wrong!
VDS past it.... you were wrong
Giggs/Neville past it... you were wrong
Questioning Rooney, should we sell him? (cant remember what idiot started that thread)... WRONG

I'll say it once more... Fergie is ALWAYS RIGHT! might change my sig to that!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts