Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the game against Middlesborough and Ronaldo was not at his best, he gave the ball away too many times and looked like he had two left boots on! why, when like everyone else does he is having a bad game do we not bring him off untill the last few mins?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
kamen7 said:
I went to the game against Middlesborough and Ronaldo was not at his best, he gave the ball away too many times and looked like he had two left boots on! why, when like everyone else does he is having a bad game do we not bring him off untill the last few mins?
I was there also and he clearly wasnt at his best, but Ronaldo has been poor
in many games over the years yet still popped up with a goal or 2.
Thats why he is rarely subbed cos he is a constant threat. Its usually Park who
gets subbed off but he was great against Boro and it would send out a wrong
message to be replacing players that do well. Fergie was right to sub off Ronaldo
but I wouldnt expect it to happen very often.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
kamen7 said:
he's always capable of a bit of magic at any moment...

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i was at the game and was thinking the exact same thing all game and was banging on to my mate about it. but then he took on a few players as he does and my pal just said to me with players like ronaldo they can play terrible for 89 minutes and then a spark of magic can win you the game. tis very true and i think thats why fergie didnt take him off

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I thought he was disrespectful the way he strutted to the bench after being subbed,annoyed with himself or not he needs to show more respect to the player coming on and to SAF.I agree in a sense that he is a threat,and maybe if Tevez had been around Ronnie would have been subbed earlier

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's not scared to take him off. It's simply because, as others have said, in the past he's played badly in a game and popped up with a goal, or with a piece of magic to win/draw the game.

However, this season he doesn't look like doing that and I think it might be a good idea to sub him or leave him out at some point.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
fergie didn't take ronaldo of because ronaldo is a world class player. he is not in form right now but the thing about world class players is that no mattter how bad of a game they're playing, as it has been said above, they can come up with a moment of brilliance.that moment of brilliance can win a match

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
I thought he was disrespectful the way he strutted to the bench after being subbed,annoyed with himself or not he needs to show more respect to the player coming on and to SAF.I agree in a sense that he is a threat,and maybe if Tevez had been around Ronnie would have been subbed earlier

Maybe he needs an accidental flying boot to the head liek another no. 7 ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Things like these make me love players like Rooney or Tevez who are clearly much more devoted players than Ronaldo and sincerely i would "cry" more if Tevez would leave than if Ronaldo would do so. He's good, very good but he's too hot-headed. He's human and the players at United are some of the best players in the world and they should be treated as they desearve no matter your name.

·
Registered
32 Posts
err i guess not. why would he want to subs ronaldo ? he got paid a lot this is how fergie let him pay back for what the club's paying haha

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
He didn't take him off because basically we needed a goal and who would we of brought on for him Kuszscak or something. He's one of our best attacking options, if not our best. SAF has taken him off a few times this season so I don't think he;d be sacred too.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The problem with Ronaldo is that Fergie does not know what to do. Ronaldo can play crap for 85 minutes, get subbed. OR Ronaldo can play crap for 85 minutes and conjure two goals out of nothing!!

Fergie is more afraid of playing the kids than subbing ronnie.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Keano! said:
Where was he today? I heard he was away on some leave or something?

...Wouldn't have played probably
If you had read my team post, you would have seen

"ronaldo and scholes did not travel down today" oh and Fergie said they were rested.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Red Devil said:
The problem with Ronaldo is that Fergie does not know what to do. Ronaldo can play crap for 85 minutes, get subbed. OR Ronaldo can play crap for 85 minutes and conjure two goals out of nothing!!

Fergie is more afraid of playing the kids than subbing ronnie.
That sums it up well. And this is move obvious since we're not scoring for fun in the games against the teams we 'should' beat. No matter what I think of Ronaldo Im 734% sure Fergie do what he think is best for MANCHESTER UNITED.

My personal view is that I think Ronaldo could use a reminder from time to time that he's not larger then life and could be dropped or at least subbed when he's playing like he's doing at the moment. It was LAST season he was 'the best' in the world...so far he's not even been the best winger in the club.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts