Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
oh my god. he's not even the best midfielder at liverpool, alonso is better. Lampard is also miles better imo. I wouldn't put him in the top 20 mids in the world.

He drifts out of games so often it's untrue but gets away with it with his occasional screamers.

·
Registered
854 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
he is easily one of the top 20 current mids and probably in the top five current cmds.
****** Xavi, Scholes, Lampard, Iniesta, Fabregas, Essien all far better. He's been useless for England also.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Actually...thread open.
Just no insults please.
Where were we?

Charlton>Robbo>Gazza>Platt>Gerrard.
Am I far off?
It's pathetic how many forums on the internet turn to insults because somebody's opinion. i guess it's just because of the secret identity thing but it does my head in.

Anyway, ye I think Gerrard is overrated ye and I wouldn't put him in the top 10 england midfielders ever. I actually think Lampard is underrated, his level of consistency is second to none. He scores or sets up a goal every week.

I think Gerrard drifts out of games too often. I actually don't remember him ever playing well against us and in really big games i believe he goes missing with the odd exception, Milan 05. I'm surprised you have him ahead of Scholes, I would rate Scholes as one of the best midfielders England have produced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts