Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
CROoney i cant believe your trying to prove that Gerrard is the best England EVER produced...... thats way out of order and way off the mark!
He is simply not..... i would pick Lampard ahead of him anyday!
What does that say?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
ryders - surely most managers would agree that he is the most complete midfielder in the world...

and the fact that he needs a dmf to paly alongside him doesn't tell anything about his possibilities ...cos every team needs a quality dmf...it doesn't depend on your playmaker

look at cesc without flamini

oh and - what do you mean by this "Secondly when robsonn and charlton both united players and both better mids than gerrard are missed out by a united fans "

didn't understand that
i doubt most manager would call him the most complete mid about, i would say essien, de rossi and hargreaves are more complete.
Lokk at cesc without fabregas, yes it shows he isn;t a complete mid but rather a playmaker who is in fact very overated.
My other point is you as a united fan should know that robson and charlton are both better than gerrard especially for england where gerarrd is mostly rubbish.
You wonder why people ara noyed when you called a scouser who isn't that good a betetr player than two united legends.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
i doubt most manager would call him the most complete mid about, i would say essien, de rossi and hargreaves are more complete.
Lokk at cesc without fabregas, yes it shows he isn;t a complete mid but rather a playmaker who is in fact very overated.
My other point is you as a united fan should know that robson and charlton are both better than gerrard especially for england where gerarrd is mostly rubbish.
You wonder why people ara noyed when you called a scouser who isn't that good a betetr player than two united legends.

Couldn't put it better myself.... on a Man Utd site you falsely claim Gerrard is the best EVER, thats after making me sick because its no way the truth and i question you Utd support CRO

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
vava - for starters - read my post to you on the previous page ---

if you have - i think you have some issues with understanding people mate

i'm not trying to prove anything and i don't like repeating myself

ryders - de rossi and hargo more complete ?

wow ! and i thought you were unbiased - hargo is a great player , but c'mon you can't be serious - gerrard is on another level

and de rossi - i'm not going into that - he has never controlled their midfield against us

and i'll say only this - it has more worth his CL trophy then winning the WC with England, cos with liverpool he had only 10 lumberjakcs back then

FOR THE LAST TIME - I'M NOT TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING ,BUT I AM TO BLAME FOR ACTUALLY THINKING THAT I MIGHT FIND SOME UNBIASNESS ON HERE...

My bad folks - just forget about the thread - i got my anwer

cheers

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
do you even know what complete means crooney or have you got the wrong word, it means good at all aspects of the game. Hargo, de rossi and essien are all more complete layers than gerrard, i didn't say they where all better than him. The players i mentioned can do well at everything where as gerrard excels in certain areas but not in all, i think you need to find out what the words mens before makign such big statements.
To be honest your one of the most biased posters and to acuse me of being biased is one of the stupidest things i have heard, any longer poster with any sense would know that i will give a realistic opinion of players and will argue at length with numerous bias united fans over united legends from cantona to best.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
do you even know what complete means crooney or have you got the wrong word, it means good at all aspects of the game. Hargo, de rossi and essien are all more complete layers than gerrard, i didn't say they where all better than him. The players i mentioned can do well at everything where as gerrard excels in certain areas but not in all, i think you need to find out what the words mens before makign such big statements.
To be honest your one of the most biased posters and to acuse me of being biased is one of the stupidest things i have heard, any longer poster with any sense would know that i will give a realistic opinion of players and will argue at length with numerous bias united fans over united legends from cantona to best.
the most complete - hmmm

let's see - taking free kicks - who's scored more free kicks....

headers - who's scored more headers

playmaking - who's a better playmaker

passing - who's the better passer

vision - who's got the better vision

crossing - who has more assists from crosses

playing with both feet - i think gerrards better

tackleing and defending - i'll give them a slight edge overthere, but that's because they're only dmf's not cmf's,,and de rossi can play only as a dmf...ONLY , while gerrard and hargo can produce great performances on any postion

do you know that liverpool had the best record of wins 2 seasons ago i think when he was played as a RMF

oh and - how is that i'm biased...on what issue

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
the most complete - hmmm

let's see - taking free kicks - who's scored more free kicks....

headers - who's scored more headers

playmaking - who's a better playmaker

passing - who's the better passer

vision - who's got the better vision

crossing - who has more assists from crosses

playing with both feet - i think gerrards better

tackleing and defending - i'll give them a slight edge overthere, but that's because they're only dmf's not cmf's,,and de rossi can play only as a dmf...ONLY , while gerrard and hargo can produce great performances on any postion

do you know that liverpool had the best record of wins 2 seasons ago i think when he was played as a RMF
that is a poor list of things, that is not the sum total of a footballer,
you missed running round like a headless chicken gerrard wins that
not being in the right place at the right time another win for gerrard
hollywood pass to nobody another great win for gerrard
pulling your team apart as you want to score good goals and be roy of the rovers another win for stevie g
playing well for you club side but terrible for the national side stevei g wins again

also you have yet to comment on robson and charlton.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
pulling your team apart as you want to score good goals and be roy of the rovers another win for stevie g
playing well for you club side but terrible for the national side stevei g wins again

also you have yet to comment on robson and charlton.[/QUOTE]

lmao - ok ok - -you're right if it makes you happy

i've already commented on it on the previous two pages where i explained how i do not actually think he is THE best

and you've really done yourself no favours with that statement how he fails to be at the right place in the right time considering he's scored more goals than some cf's...

and i suppose de rossi and hargo have been class acts for their sides...c'mon hargo has playe great only 5 matches for his side and before that he was no one...

anyway - you won it with your list of the things - i'm a bit surprised you didn't comment those i stated - maybe you agree with my FACTS

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
you seem to forget about luka modric the worlds best player going to a top wolrd team and being better than numerous other mids who play betetr and have signed for better clubs.
luka modric is amoung the best midfielders for me....

what's wrong with that ?

lol - he eat ballack,vdv,riquelme,diego and co whenever he met them

perhaps you failed to see it

and i never said he is the world 's best player

are you deliberately trying to wind me up by imagening things

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
rydersonthestorm said:

also you have yet to comment on robson and charlton.[/QUOTE]

lmao - ok ok - -you're right if it makes you happy

i've already commented on it on the previous two pages where i explained how i do not actually think he is THE best

and you've really done yourself no favours with that statement how he fails to be at the right place in the right time considering he's scored more goals than some cf's...

and i suppose de rossi and hargo have been class acts for their sides...c'mon hargo has playe great only 5 matches for his side and before that he was no one...

anyway - you won it with your list of the things - i'm a bit surprised you didn't comment those i stated - maybe you agree with my FACTS
yeah thats the complete mid when you are trying to score goals when your team is being attacked, he is not a team player he plays and tries to look like the star. He does pull things out the bag for liverpool that there is no doubts but he never does it for england and has infact been rubbish for england for years.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
luka modric is amoung the best midfielders for me....

what's wrong with that ?

lol - he eat ballack,vdv,riquelme,diego and co whenever he met them

perhaps you failed to see it
thats why he signed for tottenham, i have no doubts he is a good player but in the summer you said he was one of the world best and the euro's and his start to the league have done nothing to proove this.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
thats why he signed for tottenham, i have no doubts he is a good player but in the summer you said he was one of the world best and the euro's and his start to the league have done nothing to proove this.
ermmm - he was amoung the best mids at euros...

and give him time - he's already started showing some class

and I consider him in the top 10 of world's midfielders...

lol - so what if he signed for tottenham... they payed big money for him BEFORE EUROS....

and in that way they did a smart job...the word is - juve are in for him but that's another subject

21 - 40 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.