Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
CROoney said:
i know he's a false moralist, double standard scum, but after seeing some of his movements, defensive displays,attacking options i think that certainly he's the best cmf in the world and i believe he is amoung the best midfielders england have ever produced....

i mean what he's done with liverpool equals maradona's achivements with napoli....

steven and 10 lumberjacks won the CL...

he is a possible goal danger even when he receives the ball around the centre circle...i see that abilty only in 3 more players at this moment...ronaldo,messi and torres....

i know scholes has had his moments and achivements but even without him we are and were good enough to win the CL

btw - i have to say that i actually haven't seen the likes of charlton and co playing , but i think that the fact that football has evolved and that now includes more options as there are many quality players out there, and the fact that gerrard tops them all is enough for him to be considered amoung the best ever
for a supposed fan of manchester united to post this is beyond belief - captain marvel must be shaking his head in disbelief now . bobby charlton would be spinning in his grave if he were dead and thats just two from utd recent past . gerrard is good but tell me when he last put in a good performance for his country ? . to be honest fat frank is better than gerrard . this post makes me question your knowledge of our game full stop

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
To be fair to Gerrard he is up there with some of the very best.

If you are talking English (central) midfielders then here is my list.
Charlton>Robson>Gazza>Platt>Gerrard.

Charlton and Robson's records speak for themselves and we all know about them.
They were the best 2 England midfielders ever.

From the rest.....

Gazza had the most natural ability and in his prime he could run games all on his own.
If he had gone to United instead of London (i.e Fergie keeping an eye on him)
he could have easily gone on to become the greatest midfielder of his generation or possibly ever.
He was just awesome...-speed, strength, outrageous skills, confidence the lot....

But we all know what happened to him in the end.......he is still better(in his prime)
than Stevie G by a bit. David Platt deserves a mention also. he scored heaps of
goals from midfield for clubs and country. I remember him also in World Cup '90
playing amazingly.
Gerrard has the chance to make it further up the 'list' by the time his career is over.

He may go wandering in midfield thus neglecting other duties, but he is still a
World class player (and it pains me to say it).

Thats my take on this debate. :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
To be fair to Gerrard he is up there with some of the very best.

If you are talking English (central) midfielders then here is my list.
Charlton>Robson>Gazza>Platt>Gerrard.

Charlton and Robson's records speak for themselves and we all know about them.
They were the best 2 England midfielders ever.

From the rest.....

Gazza had the most natural ability and in his prime he could run games all on his own.
If he had gone to United instead of London (i.e Fergie keeping an eye on him)
he could have easily gone on to become the greatest midfielder of his generation or possibly ever.
He was just awesome...-speed, strength, outrageous skills, confidence the lot....

But we all know what happened to him in the end.......he is still better(in his prime)
than Stevie G by a bit. David Platt deserves a mention also. he scored heaps of
goals from midfield for clubs and country. I remember him also in World Cup '90
playing amazingly.
Gerrard has the chance to make it further up the 'list' by the time his career is over.

He may go wandering in midfield thus neglecting other duties, but he is still a
World class player (and it pains me to say it).

Thats my take on this debate. :)
nice post jazz, you know your football unlike some :D

·
Banned
292 Posts
CROoney said:
i know he's a false moralist, double standard scum, but after seeing some of his movements, defensive displays,attacking options i think that certainly he's the best cmf in the world and i believe he is amoung the best midfielders england have ever produced....

i mean what he's done with liverpool equals maradona's achivements with napoli....

steven and 10 lumberjacks won the CL...

he is a possible goal danger even when he receives the ball around the centre circle...i see that abilty only in 3 more players at this moment...ronaldo,messi and torres....

i know scholes has had his moments and achivements but even without him we are and were good enough to win the CL

btw - i have to say that i actually haven't seen the likes of charlton and co playing , but i think that the fact that football has evolved and that now includes more options as there are many quality players out there, and the fact that gerrard tops them all is enough for him to be considered amoung the best ever

I already thought you were a buffoon CRO and you have confirmed it with this post, Gerrard is a good player but to suggest he is the best midfielder england have ever produced shows that you know next to nothing about english football. What kind of idiot would post this in a Manchester United forum LOL :)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
nice post jazz, you know your football unlike some :D
unlike some - true

some who think de rossi is more complete than gerrard only because he has defensive responsabilities

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
unlike some - true

some who think de rossi is more complete than gerrard only because he has defensive responsabilities
crooney not one person has agreed with pretty much anything you have said, i think as usual your just being an arse.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
crooney not one person has agreed with pretty much anything you have said, i think as usual your just being an arse.
thanks

that's very mature

oh and i suppose everyone has agreed with your de rossi > gerrard

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
You have got to be joking crooney , i think you should go and have a drugs test after starting this thread lol.
Even fat frank plays better without him , no doubt hes good for the dippers but for england he only performs in about 2 games out of 10

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
thanks

that's very mature

oh and i suppose everyone has agreed with your de rossi > gerrard
i just say what i see,
again perhaps you don't know enough english to see the point where i said gerrard was a better player than de rossi, i just don't think gerrard is a very complete player and is more of a playmaker or attacking mid.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
stretty said:
You have got to be joking crooney , i think you should go and have a drugs test after starting this thread lol.
Even fat frank plays better without him , no doubt hes good for the dippers but for england he only performs in about 2 games out of 10
and lampard performs 1 in 100

lol

ANYWAY - GUYS - I'M SORRY FOR STARTING THE FUZZ - THERE'S NO NEED OF NAME CALLINGS AND BECAUSE I NEVER SAW LIVE THE LIKES YOU MENTIONED AND HAVE NO GERAT KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH HISTORY I'VE DONE MYSELF NO FAVOURS BY OPENING THIS THREAD...

I saw liverpool match the other day and it just struck me to ask you your thoughts about the player - you proved me that he is not the best but maybe some of you think he is amoung the top 5...thank you

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
i just say what i see,
again perhaps you don't know enough english to see the point where i said gerrard was a better player than de rossi, i just don't think gerrard is a very complete player and is more of a playmaker or attacking mid.
and by being a dmf ONLY , the player is more complete

cos that's what they are - players with defensive qualites

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
and by being a dmf ONLY , the player is more complete

cos that's what they are - players with defensive qualites
no he never runs forward does he, never brings the team into the game, and he never scores, just like who he didn't score against us.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lads can we have civilised debate without resorting to name calling please?

Crooney-It appears you are wrong on this one mate. I dont think you should
argue the merits of it anymore. ;-)
Charlton and Robbo p1ss ALL over Stevie Gee any day of the week.
Im shocked that you could think Gerrard is greater than those 2 Gods.
Maybe you should have thought a bit longer when making this thread?
Just take it on the chin and crack on! :)

Edit: just saw your post above Croo. Good man.
And when did you start the Fuzz? :eek: ;-)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Jazz 16 said:
lads can we have civilised debate without resorting to name calling please?

Crooney-It appears you are wrong on this one mate. I dont think you should
argue the merits of it anymore. ;-)
Charlton and Robbo p1ss ALL over Stevie Gee any day of the week.
Im shocked that you could think Gerrard is greater than those 2 Gods.
Maybe you should have thought a bit longer when making this thread?
Just take it on the chin and crack on! :)

Edit: just saw your post above Croo. Good man.
And when did you start the Fuzz? :eek: ;-)
well - when people started calling me idiot and an arse

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There...see? all friends again :D
Should I close this bad boy? or does anyone have anything they want to add? :p
Would anyone else place him top 5 like I did?

41 - 60 of 107 Posts