Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,961 Posts
manutd43va said:
LOL!! what are u trying to say?
hes trying to say that Fabregas don't look great without Flamini playing with him

Flamini used to do all the hard work from gathering balls cutting attacks covering and most importantly Winning position for the team, all that gives Cesc the Freedom to pass or shot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
I cannot say the best ever in england bcause I don't know well all player...... but seen from Italy GERRARD is a real crack of world football right now.

And I don't remember others in the past as english midfielders

It is true, on the other side, that he's not let see anything special with England team yet..... and that's a big lack
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
what i meant was that steven gerrard is one of the most complete players that i have ever seen - if not the most complete

i suppose the title of the thread should be "is gerrard one of the best players england have ever produced "
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
rydersonthestorm said:
thats not how your thread was worded so why try and change what you mean round now.
i really think that you're either stupid for failing to understand what i'm saying or you just want to wind me up because you don't like me cos i said a something about you english( hell you even confessed that)


you know what i meant when i opened this thread ?!

you don't like gerrard cos he's a scouser and you can't see beyond that ...

and i don't care about it

you think de rossi is more complete only because he is a DMF and he scored 1 goal in 6-7 outings against us


and i don't care about that too

you can think whatever you like but you can't say what i thought when i opened this thread

every single post i posted i said that he was amoung the best and yet you're failing to see that because of your hatred towards me and gerrard
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
To be fair to Gerrard he is up there with some of the very best.

If you are talking English (central) midfielders then here is my list.
Charlton>Robson>Gazza>Platt>Gerrard.
What about Paul Scholes? :eek:

In his prime I would have taken Scholesy over Gerrard although imo Gerrard is better than Platt.

Anyone who thinks Bobby Charlton isn't the greatest English midfielder of all-time must have been born yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
CROoney said:
i really think that you're either stupid for failing to understand what i'm saying or you just want to wind me up because you don't like me cos i said a something about you english( hell you even confessed that)


you know what i meant when i opened this thread ?!

you don't like gerrard cos he's a scouser and you can't see beyond that ...

and i don't care about it

you think de rossi is more complete only because he is a DMF and he scored 1 goal in 6-7 outings against us


and i don't care about that too

you can think whatever you like but you can't say what i thought when i opened this thread

every single post i posted i said that he was amoung the best and yet you're failing to see that because of your hatred towards me and gerrard
CROoney i dont hate you and i'm not English and i still think your out of order!
Why cant you admit your wrong.....
If you look at the thread title and your very first post people have a right to be upset...
You opened up a thread saying is Gerrard Englands best ever midfielder, you must be off your head to think that let alone post it on a Man Utd forum!

Nobody hates you CRO its just people dont understand your way of thinking!
This thread is criminal if you ask me!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
CROoney said:
i really think that you're either stupid for failing to understand what i'm saying or you just want to wind me up because you don't like me cos i said a something about you english( hell you even confessed that)


you know what i meant when i opened this thread ?!

you don't like gerrard cos he's a scouser and you can't see beyond that ...

and i don't care about it

you think de rossi is more complete only because he is a DMF and he scored 1 goal in 6-7 outings against us


and i don't care about that too

you can think whatever you like but you can't say what i thought when i opened this thread

every single post i posted i said that he was amoung the best and yet you're failing to see that because of your hatred towards me and gerrard
no it's your poor knowlede of english football that i do not like, making claims about players when you have no idea of the history of players in a simular position. Gerrard isn't really a cm he is an attcking mid and if you include all cm players (including defensive and attacking players) you will find gerrard isn't anywhere near the top five players fom england.
Your going on about not liking steven gerrard because he is a scouser yet i doubt you have ever met a scouser, unlike me who has plenty of scouse friends and goes out in liverpool a few times a month. I don't like the fact that with your terrible knowledge you have made claims about a player who doesn't play for united without taking into account some of united best ever players. You migh as well support liverpool if you know nothing of the likes of robson and charlton, infact why do you even follow united when you don't seem intrested in the history of the club or past players.
I have read exactly what you have written and don't agree with most of it as you have no real knowledge of the subject you are talking about rather tahn a disliek for you or gerrard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
reddwarf said:
What about Paul Scholes? :eek:

In his prime I would have taken Scholesy over Gerrard although imo Gerrard is better than Platt.

Anyone who thinks Bobby Charlton isn't the greatest English midfielder of all-time must have been born yesterday.
or a person with very little knowledge of english football and manchester united.
 

·
Pz
Joined
·
2,062 Posts
im actually one who thinks gerrard>>lampard but thats very opinionated because you'll find half who think the other way too.

As for the best ever!?!? HELL NO!

scholes at his peak is a far greater midfielder than gerrard imo.

pz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
What a thread!

some great posts and some ridiculous ones too.

Gerard is definitely better than Lampard in my eyes and would get into Man Utd's first team squad. Whether he would start every match like he doesn at pool is another question.

As for whether he is England's best ever midfielder....I'm not sure he;s Liverpool's best ever midfielder....;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,457 Posts
He good but Paul Scholes remains for me the greatest English midfielder ever. Scholes has the same problem as Makelele.

They're both so good at doing what they do unobtrusively that they fall under the radar to the press & public.

Meanwhile Zidane & plenty of other famous footballers have all said that they rate Scholes & Makelele more highly than anyone.
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
His lack of technical ability also gets shown up vs the big teams, which is why he doesn't play CM. (Cappello and Benitez are no mugs either)

He is excellent at through balls to a fast player a la Torres, but when it comes to retaining possession he is god damn awful and resorts to trying the hollywood pass all the time.

He also gets caught of position a lot. He is a bit of a headless chicken and he needs the team to be built around him to cover his obvious flaws.

Still a great player, just overrated in that he needs the team built around him to show his talent, unlike other great players who can just slip into any side and play brilliantly.

I rate Lampard higher (though I never used to)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
RedForceRising said:
What a thread!

some great posts and some ridiculous ones too.

Gerard is definitely better than Lampard in my eyes and would get into Man Utd's first team squad. Whether he would start every match like he doesn at pool is another question.

As for whether he is England's best ever midfielder....I'm not sure he;s Liverpool's best ever midfielder....;)
easy to name a better one mr souness is at least one liverpool mid that i alot betetr than gerrard.
 
81 - 100 of 107 Posts
Top