Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personally im never ofident buying from inferior leagues, and that why at first i was glad tevez went to west ham before he came to us (in case he wasn't up to playing for us) but looking back at a few signings from lower level leagues from other countries there have been more failures than success' i know people will remind me of van nistelrooy and possibly the likes of van persie, but what about one in particular Kezman? for me he looked a good prospect scored bags of goals i hollands top flight much like Huntelaar, for me the only real difference is that Kezman was quicker ? so why are we supposed to be in the market for this boy Huntelaar? what im trying o say is what makes him more special than say a cheaper version for example luis fabiano who has also scored bags of goals and would cost us about 10m less, why are so many fans in favour of him ? and imo he would be too rigid for our type of play, so bascially would he be a flop like Kezman or another success like Van Nistelrooy ? :eek:

·
Registered
566 Posts
gambles are inevitable if u want to be successful. u never know how a player will adapt to his surroundings. if fergie thinks huntelaar is good enough, he will get him. don't forget he is the 1 who want ruud even when he is injured and waited for him to recover. what a success ruud turned out to be. fergie surely knows who he wants .

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I reckon Huntellar is definitely up to it, he's been consistently very good for 3 / 4 years now, could be the next Ruud!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Take a chance. :) Ruud came straight from the Netherlands. Solskjaer came straight from the Norweigan leagues.

You really have to wait at least half a season. Look at Alfonso Alves when he first arrived and didn't score for a few people were already writing him off.

Then towards the end of the season he scored a brace against us and a hat trick against City. :D

Plus I don't think Kezman's a bad player at all. If you can score in the Turkish league, which is extremely defensive, you're doing alright.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah i don't think Huntelaar is another Kezman or Kuyt, i just have a feeling about him.
He will come good if we get him imo.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
no - huntelaar is another RVn - he doesn't have anything in commone with kezman - he bangs them for both country and club on incredible basis

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well thing with Ruud and Huntelaar is they are both dutch and Kezman was Serbian and that could be the reason why Ruud made it and Kezman didnt...okay maybe not lol

Umm well every signing is a risk...not just from other leagues but really ANY signing is a risk...one player could be the world's best and sign and still flop...its just a calculated risk our scouting and staff will have to make...that is what our scouting staff do and that is what they get paid to do and hopefully which ever striker we get will be of a great standard and will be a hit and goalscoring machine Ruud style...like someone made the point about Solskeajr, it really doesn't matter what league you come from...but I do understand your point about Kezman but it can happen even to the worlds best striker (be a flop). It really depends on how the person can play with our team and how he adapts and I think Huntelaar will be a new Ruud and would be perfect for us and so would Villa.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
sparkic said:
Well thing with Ruud and Huntelaar is they are both dutch and Kezman was Serbian and that could be the reason why Ruud made it and Kezman didnt...okay maybe not lol
meaning?.....a joke maybe:rolleyes: ..he is still Serbian btw;)

anyway...I don't want to souund bad,but Kezman is an idiot imo.He had so much stupid moves in his career......Huntelar is talented and already world class imho.I'd like to see him playing for us.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Skele said:
meaning?.....a joke maybe:rolleyes: ..he is still Serbian btw;)

anyway...I don't want to souund bad,but Kezman is an idiot imo.He had so much stupid moves in his career......Huntelar is talented and already world class imho.I'd like to see him playing for us.
me too..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gotta remember that a certain Cristiano came from an "inferior" league as well.
Fact is, every league is inferior to the Premier League and no league is quite like ours either. Adaptability is always a risk.
Ferguson has made big errors in the transfer market before and probably he'll make a couple more. But he also captures big players that come very good for us (Vidic, Ronaldo, Nistelrooy, Stam etc etc).
If Fergie thinks this guy is the man for us, then who are we to question otherwise :p

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wasnt questioning fergie mate, for all we know the boy isn't even on fergies hit list, i was just wondering if he would be an exspensive mistake, personally i wouldnt mind if we got him but when you know berbatov and sat cruz are proven at prem level why spend the same money if not more on someone who may take 3/4 months to adapt, as we all know we havent got three or four months for someone to click especially if ronaldo leaves :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would have huntelaar as top transfer target. He is a finisher. Kezman was crap cause chelsea only bought him 4 £5mil & wasn't top priority. If they bought him 4 £15mil it would have been a different story. If he'd signed 4 us he would have bagged 15-20 under Sir Alex, maybe more. If huntelaar does sign, the only way he'd suceed is if he becomes our no.9 & starts near enough every game. It's goin to b hard with wazza & carlos. But, huntelaar would b here 4 at least 5yrs. tevez on the other hand, is still technically on loan and if a club from spain pay £20-25mil. He's consider it. My point is, tevez is quality, but you can't rely on him staying 4 years to come. Therefore, Klaas-Jan would b a great signing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts