Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

is anyone else still struggling to sing and applaude Ronaldo. ? . ? .

i just cant!! i really just dont see any United in him.

he comes across like he doesnt want to be part of the team and when he plays it is just for himself

today just 1 example
1. after the goal, no celebration with the fans or players or even a smile
2. after Rooneys goal a real arrogance and selfishness to go all out for himself
3. full time, he walked straight off the pitch didnt applause the fans NOTHING

anyone else agree ??
i know he was amazing etc etc last season but after the summer and his comments i could never feel the same about him, but i really dont feel he is even trying to win the fans back over.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i agree he seems ****ed off when we are winning so god knows what he will be like when he have off days.maybe he can see thinks arent right at the club and with the fans. and me personally i havent got time for him and wouldnt defend him anymore

S

·
0 Posts
No, it's not just you Cass, had the same conversation many times tonight and
everyone seems to agree with your opinions.

Ronaldo looks like a man who genuinely doesn't care anymore. Playing for us is a job and he's doing it to the best of his ability. Just don't expect him to be happy about it.

Ronaldo's heart is clearly elsewhere. I don't doubt he'll perform, but his general demeanour tells a story.

His 'heart' has never been at United. That's never been a question. He's always played for himself. But he scored 42 goals last season and I think the enthusiasm that comes with gaining the status he has has worn off.

I for one wont miss him when he leaves and i doubt United will do either.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
his behavior today was disgraceful.
i wont be shedding any tears when he goes.
he has shown utter contempt for the fans who have backed him over the last few years, especially after the "winker" incident.
as far as im concerned he can go **** himself.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I agree with you Cass.
I was at OT today and there was this group of lads trying to get 'Viva Ronaldo'
going ALL the time. It was a bit embarrassing tbh. I noticed that a lot around me
werent particularly mad on Ronaldo and when he dived in front of us, we were
not impressed at all and let our feelings known. As long as he is playing for us
and doing well, scoring goals Ill be happy, but I just cant like the guy.
Thank God we have Rooney, who will be a true United legend, unlike Ron.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
You're not alone, by any means.

Just check out the previous response and the comments in other match-related threads.

Like I said in the player ratings WTF is up with his glum look.
I watched at home and received no less than three calls from other
United fans about his glum, sad face after scoring.

Not only that - you;re right about him being selfish after Rooney's goal.

In my mind the club have made a mistake to keep him.

with him being so obviously unhappy, his price might drop, but then i
remembered that City were making noises that they were interested,
so they could help drive his price up in a transfer wrangle with Madrid.

If he's so unhappy we should sell him and buy an all-out winger.

Ashley Young immediately comes to mind.

Ronaldo was on the verge of becoming an Man Utd legend, but has
now thrown away that chance.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i think he was unhappy with his form more than just going thru the motions .

i know many feel he is sulking --- the guy i watched game with went as far as to say he looks miffed at being outshone by rooney and if he couldnt be the star he would take his ball home with him .

go back three weeks or so and berbatov had the same look about him and was getting pelters on here .

we also have no idea whats going on in his private life . i feel he is coming to terms with the loss of his alki dad --- last season was a sort of i will show you all i am better than my father thing .

i believe come january/february we will all be on here praising him to the heavens for two months of outstanding displays .

he is at a crossroads for sure --- he either goes back down the diving whining show pony route of 3 years ago --- or he sets world on fire again ---- i think he will do the latter .

cmon ronnie - do us proud !

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Before I comment - ABO: your banned from this thread.

Ronaldo this season has been "ordinary" - nothing special nothing to shout about.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Well i must admit he is not my favourite player at the moment and i have not sung his song with any feeling, in fact i just mumbled it.
We had a conversation in the car on the way home and all of us agreed that we should FORGIVE AND FORGET , because at the end of the day we are just helping to drive our prize asset out of the door.
I am sure after a couple of games when his song is sung with feeling again , we will all the see a more cheerful ronaldo.
I think he is sulking and cannot understand why he has gone from from hero to zero overnight.
Obviously we all think that he will leave in the summer , but we shouldnt play any part in his departure , so lets get behind him and just hope by some miracle our best player decides to stay.
I hope we draw real and put them to the sword and show him who the best team in the world are

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
United made ronaldo the player that he's today. When the offer comes from real madrid he will turn his back and never look behind

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stretty said:
Well i must admit he is not my favourite player at the moment and i have not sung his song with any feeling, in fact i just mumbled it.
We had a conversation in the car on the way home and all of us agreed that we should FORGIVE AND FORGET , because at the end of the day we are just helping to drive our prize asset out of the door.
I am sure after a couple of games when his song is sung with feeling again , we will all the see a more cheerful ronaldo.
I think he is sulking and cannot understand why he has gone from from hero to zero overnight.
Obviously we all think that he will leave in the summer , but we shouldnt play any part in his departure , so lets get behind him and just hope by some miracle our best player decides to stay.
I hope we draw real and put them to the sword and show him who the best team in the world are

yeh it would be good to play Real but why should he have to be convinced and won over as to who is the best team?? surley he should have that feeling for the team he plays for and the thousands/millions of fans who support him.
loyalty=0

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
God...I'm posting in a thread regarding Ronaldo....what am I getting myself
into? :rolleyes:

IMO, he was rubbish! Jazz mentioned the dive...it was a disgrace! He was never
in the game at all...drifting here and there....I was watching his movement for a
while and he's not what he was anymore IMO. He doesn't care about the club
now IMO, and I still can't believe we threw away the chance of 80M! Nani came
on late, (A player who is yet to win me over) and did more then Ronaldo for
me. Sure Ronaldo scored a goal, but wake up ffs! West Brom...Rooneys
pass...kepper didn't come...I'd expect Edwin to score that!

He put on weight...and seems slower to me. His ******g free kicks take ages to
set up and bang into the wall with them, with players like Giggsy and Rooney on
the park (Who BTW, is greater then Ronaldo has, is and ever will be, as a
footballer, a person and a role model)
bemuses me!

I saw his non celebration after the game and boy did I want to lay into him! You
scored ffs! A smile maybe? Compared to Rooneys joyous slide, he could have
been mistaken for missing and was just acknowledging the pass!

Viva Ronaldo kicked off once yesterday to the best of my memory...and I wasn't
joining in! There were a group of lads behind me who tryed to get Roooney!
Rooooney! going every time Viva Ronaldo started up....Guess what one I joined in
on!

The sooner we sell him the better, because he's keeping more worthy players out
of the line up and Old Trafford, or at least the people who hopped off the
bandwagon a year ago realise his ambitions. **** him off to Real...I don't want
cheats like him in our club!

John O'Shea's back heels were more successful then the show pony's!

martinutd said:
United made ronaldo the player that he's today. When the offer comes from real madrid he will turn his back and never look behind

He already has!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Keano i dont exactly love him at the moment, but man you really hate him.
I think we should all step back from the hatred and take a good look , he is the best player in the world at the moment so lets not drive him into madrids arms.
At the end of the day it is better to have a moody ronaldo than no ronaldo he is quality.
Like i said earlier lets forgive and forget , there will be plenty of time to hate hate him when hes left us , in the meantime lets savour the ronaldo , rooney , berbatov tevez combination , sooner or later all four will click and we will batter someone

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
stretty said:
Keano i dont exactly love him at the moment, but man you really hate him.I think we should all step back from the hatred and take a good look , he is the best player in the world at the moment so lets not drive him into madrids arms.
At the end of the day it is better to have a moody ronaldo than no ronaldo he is quality.
Like i said earlier lets forgive and forget , there will be plenty of time to hate hate him when hes left us , in the meantime lets savour the ronaldo , rooney , berbatov tevez combination , sooner or later all four will click and we will batter someone

I wouldn't say "hate" exactly, more disgusted...

But come on, he had a stinker yesterday! tricks failing, diving, not beating his
man, not tracking back...

What annoys me more is that if he continues this moody beleaguered form, the
Real won't be tabling such a high offer for him....

You know what its really like...

Henry

Had a magnificant season...reached such highs, played so well...Champions
League final, and then! A chance to move on, but he stayed with United like henry
at Arsenal and the question is have we kept him to long like Arsene did with
Henry?

I hate talking like this afer such a good performance yesterday...it tarnishes the
victory somewhat, the antics of "the worlds best player"

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Well i think if come march april he is still moody like this then i will say good riddance, but in the meantime i think we should all get behind him.
After all i dont like john o shea and fletch too much , but always cheer them on and in fletchers case ate humble pie this season.
I think the fans should get right behind him and if his behaviour doesnt change then sell him , and make his dreams come true

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I'll give him some creadit for his performance cause he hasnt had a preseason and he's still trying to regain match fitness.

But its true, it doesnt look like he cares anymore.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
the fact he didnt thank us fans is enough for me to tell him to do one

fair enough he didnt wanna celebrate perhaps he was unhappy bout his form or whatever i can accept that and i memba berbatov hardly looked happy when he scored but still he thanked the fans

ronaldo is a united player so ill support him untill he no longer is (which will be soon imo)

but the lad needs to get a grip and start looking like hes enjoyin wearin the read shirt which could make him a legend, but i some how picture him in white :(

but whatever if rooney keeps this up its going to be ronaldo WHO?

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
theres been so many different comments and speculation about him, such as his reaction after scoring yesterday.

some have said hes disappointed with his recent form, some say its because he was frustrated in the game, some say because he'd rather be scoring for real madrid.

form - 3 goal and 3 assists since his return, not exactly bad form.

frustration cause for no celebration... did you see his reaction and celebrations last season when he scored after having a frustrating game (derby, liverpool for example)

real madrid - yeah probably.

if he continues to be a little **** - diving moody selfish etc etc and his form suffers - offer him to man city for £135m or whatever they offered, say you go to man city or you warm the bench for the reserves until your contract runs out in 2012. Lets not forget that Real Madrid caused all this bs in the first place, so this way we punish madrid for the way they acted and punish ronaldo for the way hes acted.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Ok, im gonna comment on a couple of things 1st...

Red Devil said:
Before I comment - ABO: your banned from this thread.

Ronaldo this season has been "ordinary" - nothing special nothing to shout about.
poor abo... ;)

martinutd said:
Sorry to dissagree with you here, m8, but he always had the knowhow, and Sporting made him what he is. true, he plays in a more competitive league and with greater talent at his side, but make no mistake here.

After that, I just want you guys to know one thing, it might help put yesterday's game in prespective. It's not a defense or excuse, but this wednesday we drew 0-0 at home to Albania, or some lower national team like it. Ronaldo was one among those heavily critised, and he took it badly. I think he's still upset about it, and the way he's been dividing oppinions in OT isn't helping. I think he's clearly lacking motivation or, confidence, or something... Or he's just ****ed at everyone and himself, who knows

1 - 20 of 74 Posts