Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well? Is he?

I can't help but think he is. Sure, we all admire him as a player and for his acheivements and attitude, and nothing will change that.

However, outside of United I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. In any player lists about best players in the Premiership for example, or just in general conversation, he seems to be well down the list.

Also, people only seem to talk about his goal-scoring and finishing. Sure enough, he was a great goal-scorer and a fantastic finisher, but he had more to his game than that.

What do you think?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
if he had the chance to play (injures :() he would have been among Fowler Andy Cole Shearer etc.. in the Epl top goalscorers

the most clinical finisher i ever saw

·
Registered
8 Posts
I completley agree with you, totally under-rated and always has been for some strange reason maybe its because he was always regarded as a squad player than a superstar maybe...even though he proved many times he was indeed a superstar.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I believe he will be the future United manager he has all the knowledge Fergie is giving him and a hell of a lot of respect within the game.

I think Fergie looks at Ole like a son he wants him to be part of the future of United it stands out a mile.

To be given the Reserve team already says alot about how highly fergie rates him.

·
Registered
734 Posts
red dave said:
I believe he will be the future United manager he has all the knowledge Fergie is giving him and a hell of a lot of respect within the game.

I think Fergie looks at Ole like a son he wants him to be part of the future of United it stands out a mile.

To be given the Reserve team already says alot about how highly fergie rates him.
yea i hope he will 1 day, there was a thread the other day about cantona and the united job and i said screw that i hope it will be Ole

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
yea i hope he will 1 day, there was a thread the other day about cantona and the united job and i said screw that i hope it will be Ole
Doubtful. You have to have some agression as a manager. Solskjaer to me, and I may just be a bit assumptious here, but seems a little on the nice and friendly side to ever make it management. Does he have it in him to go and tell someone that he's not playing well? I don't know, I don't know the guy personally, but I doubt it.

As for the topic. No, I think he was rated just fine. He was a great player, no doubt. A super-sub, a determined player with an eye for goal. I won't put him up there with United legends such as Cantona.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Best finisher of the ball I have seen
Definitely under-rated by fans of other teams, but it doesn't matter much to him I would think. He loves the United fans too much

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
when he was playing other fans always said to me he was the one united player they would love to have at their club . his was the attitude most admired by all our opponants as he clearly loved being at the club ---never complained and whenever called upon did a great job

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
haggler said:
when he was playing other fans always said to me he was the one united player they would love to have at their club . his was the attitude most admired by all our opponants as he clearly loved being at the club ---never complained and whenever called upon did a great job

Great point he is a one of 2 players Ive never heard a City fan slag off him and paul scholes command the most respect Ive ever known.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
solksjaer is all-time legend and not in my eyes for CL winner.

its the fact he refused a transfer to spurs when a fee had been agreed knowing he was gonna continue starting on the bench for united.

and for the sending off against newcastle when he chopped the played down in last minute to prevent certain goal and mouthed the words "I had to do it" to becks

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
antdevil78 said:
and for the sending off against newcastle when he chopped the played down in last minute to prevent certain goal and mouthed the words "I had to do it" to becks
I remember that.

What I'll never forget about Ole, was the feeling of "how is he going to save us this time" that he gave me. No matter the situation, he just rose to it. Fearless, clutch and clinical, he's my hero.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts