Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Park a little work horse people say and yes he is . He bombs about the pitch tackling and keeping things simple .

But there is also a low side to his performence's his lack of ability for finishing and crossing .

This wouldnt be a problem if it was'nt for his goal to shot average which is a absolute joke . Add to that the amount of times he gets put into a good position to cross .

The simple fact is your either for or against Park ?

What are you ?

Me myself I love his work rate and engine but you cant forgive for some of the missed chances . I often think we are losing a threat when he is playing and I believe Nani is more direct and attempts to get the ball into the box .

If Nani isnt the answer I think we should find a winger who is more of a threat rather than a player who is compensating on lack of ability with work rate .

I wasnt alone in thinking that against Middlesborough there were two occasions that Rooney and Ronaldo didnt either pass or allow the ball to run to him in and around the area . It was a fact picked upon by Craig Burley in his commentary .

I would be happy to have Park in our squad but if he were to be considered a first team regular then I would have to say it is a step back for me .

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
After the Roma away game last season i saw Park in a different light, he was superb. But he's yet to get anywhere near that form, i'd rather a player like an Andrey Arshavin or Ashley Young but thats going to cost big money, i would love to see us invest successfully in this area though, Nani isn't getting the chances in the bigger games which is a concern.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Park a little work horse people say and yes he is . He bombs about the pitch tackling and keeping things simple .

But there is also a low side to his performence's his lack of ability for finishing and crossing .

This wouldnt be a problem if it was'nt for his goal to shot average which is a absolute joke . Add to that the amount of times he gets put into a good position to cross .

The simple fact is your either for or against Park ?

What are you ?

Me myself I love his work rate and engine but you cant forgive for some of the missed chances . I often think we are losing a threat when he is playing and I believe Nani is more direct and attempts to get the ball into the box .

If Nani isnt the answer I think we should find a winger who is more of a threat rather than a player who is compensating on lack of ability with work rate .

I wasnt alone in thinking that against Middlesborough there were two occasions that Rooney and Ronaldo didnt either pass or allow the ball to run to him in and around the area . It was a fact picked upon by Craig Burley in his commentary .

I would be happy to have Park in our squad but if he were to be considered a first team regular then I would have to say it is a step back for me .

for me hes an asset but only because hes a very good squad player and thats all!

hes a workaholic during matches and ull struggle to find another player who works harder in the world than him! but when your playing agasint the likes of stoke middelesborough and teams like that who are going to PARK the bus( ohhh yaaaa:cool: :p ) agaisnt us he is just pointless been out there as he doesnt offer us any threat what so ever!

he should maybe start the games when it will be backs agasint the wall eg barca away last year! for me it infurates me how he starts over nani(who im not a fan of) because at least nani is somewhat direct and can cross a ball something witch park cant!

all in all i think we need a new top quailty left winger what id give to have either ribery or young here

·
Registered
137 Posts
Depends on the opposition. If we are playing against real top quality opposition, say away from home then Park is the ideal player to hassle the opposition into mistakes and to create space for our more potent attackers by making those bendy runs.

However, I feel that people are simply trying to jump on Park and use him as a scapegoat for our recent poor performances. Sure, he isn't the greatest attacking threat but you gotta give the guy credit for putting in 110% week in week out. He isn't in the greatest of form but neither is the rest of the team.

Park deserves a place in this United squad. Just take a look at his performances in last season's Champions League games if you are in doubt.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
ManUtdDevil said:
Depends on the opposition. If we are playing against real top quality opposition, say away from home then Park is the ideal player to hassle the opposition into mistakes and to create space for our more potent attackers by making those bendy runs.

However, I feel that people are simply trying to jump on Park and use him as a scapegoat for our recent poor performances. Sure, he isn't the greatest attacking threat but you gotta give the guy credit for putting in 110% week in week out. He isn't in the greatest of form but neither is the rest of the team.

Park deserves a place in this United squad. Just take a look at his performances in last season's Champions League games if you are in doubt.
I agree. Good post.

And tbh, Park has been one of our better players in the last game or two.

I think in the big games, especially away from home, Park is the perfect player to play. He is also the best option to play in front of Rafael, until he improves his defensive side and so that Park can do the tracking back if Rafael is caught out of position or up field at the position. He is also a great impact sub, as he has shown on a number of occasions.

He is not the long-term option on the wing though. But, the fact is he is, and should be ahead of Nani atm. Nani's consistency is poor, his attitude is a joke and he has quite a few flaws in his game at the minute. Perhaps he should play in the less important, or against the weaker teams until he develops further or sufficiently, but when he plays in the bigger games, especially away from home, he is a weak link imo.

I think though, in all honesty, we should be looking into the market for a winger, beit left or right.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
His work rate is good and no one can deny that, but without that hes not even a premiership standard player. So many attacks break down as soon as he gets the ball and team mates are reluctant to pass it to him when hes in space which disrupts out rhythm. He's a burdan on the team. And i find it hard to be too harsh on him because he really does give his all for the team and obviously care alot even after being disappointed in the Champions League final, but he really isn't anywhere near good enough for United.

The only positive i see from him being here is that he probably generates a lot of money from Asia.

We would be such a better team with we had someone classy like Young or Ribery in there

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Richie said:
His work rate is good and no one can deny that, but without that hes not even a premiership standard player. So many attacks break down as soon as he gets the ball and team mates are reluctant to pass it to him when hes in space which disrupts out rhythm. He's a burdan on the team. And i find it hard to be too harsh on him because he really does give his all for the team and obviously care alot even after being disappointed in the Champions League final, but he really isn't anywhere near good enough for United.

The only positive i see from him being here is that he probably generates a lot of money from Asia.

We would be such a better team with we had someone classy like Young or Ribery in there
Thats why he's been playing in the away games as the one at Emirates, Villa Park and so on...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Forever_United said:
theres no point in work rate if theres no end product people. think about it. the guys useless, no where near a united standard. SELL HIM !
I think you're a little to harsh on him. I mean, at first I, as many others thought that Park is here only for selling shirts in Asia, but in time Ji, proved me wrong. Ji is a good player and he has one good thing, and one bad thing. The good thing, is that he works a lot, and gives all he has for the team, and sometimes we need this type of player especially when others take "a break" during games:p he runs for them. He's a great passer, and has a good vision on the game. the bad thing is that he wastes chances a lot , and Fergie said it lately that he should improve at this point of his game. He may not be as tehnique or fast as Ronaldo and maybe he hasn't the finishing touch of Rooney or Tevez, but he has his qualities and whenever he played..mostly he did it well. He's not the best player United had, but he definetely isn't the worst. He's not starter in the first 11, but he's a good player and United should hang on to him.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Forever_United said:
theres no point in work rate if theres no end product people. think about it. the guys useless, no where near a united standard. SELL HIM !
You need to have someone selotape your mouth shut. Ronaldo has very little end product this season, should we kneejerk and sell him too? Oh yeah, Rooney missed a shot aswell, sell him. Van der Saar conceded once this season, despicable, needs to go.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Justice said:
Threads like these ****ing mystify me. How can he be a flaw if he we have other alternatives?

IT IS CALLED MAKING A DEBATE AND IF PEOPLE DIDNT MAKE THEM IT WOULDNT WORK OUT AS A FORUM WOULD IT !

To be honest I like Park he is a work horse and a good squad player but alot of fans are talking about his ability to miss chances so I created a debate .

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Forever_United said:

i wouldnt sell him as he is a quailty squad player but he shouldnt be starting as many gmes as he is!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
If we got 4 mil, I would definitely sell him and bring in gio dos.
thing is though hes one of fergies faves so think he will be here for the long run! hes a good player to have when its back agasint the wall but thats about it imo!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Justice said:
You need to have someone selotape your mouth shut. Ronaldo has very little end product this season, should we kneejerk and sell him too? Oh yeah, Rooney missed a shot aswell, sell him. Van der Saar conceded once this season, despicable, needs to go.
Yeah but its every week that Park has little end product. We never seen Park excel, Park's best moment was his goal fo Korea in world cup
Ronaldo doesn't seem to be in the right frame of mind at the mind I think he's a bit embarrassed after his exploits during the summer, but We seen him excel last season and we will see it again. We never seen Park excel, and we never will. Park's career Highlight was his goal fo Korea in world cup.
I dn't think he should start as many games but he's a good man to come from the bench when we're one up and trying to keep possesion.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Ya but what irks me is the fact he is now Fergie's first choice on the wing. I rate Nani and Giggsy a lot more than our dog-eater. LW is really a weak spot for us....

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Ya but what irks me is the fact he is now Fergie's first choice on the wing. I rate Nani and Giggsy a lot more than our dog-eater. LW is really a weak spot for us....

ya i agree 100% hes starting way too much for my likeing it puts us at a dissadvantage before we even start the game imo! nani obv must have done something to fall so far outta favour with sir alex though!

we really need to sign a new top class left winger in the summer at least

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think he's used a lot in order to provide cover for Rafael getting forward. If Hargreaves was healthy I'd love to put Owen on the right, and Ronaldo on the left.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
park has tremendous energy and his work ethic is enormous. saying this he is no world class player and he only gets that many starts because our other two wingers also lack something. nani has no consistensy and often makes the wrong descicion and giggs is gettin old adn cany play week in week out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts