Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone brought a container of sugar to my desk at work and it's sat here the last 2 days. I got bored and started reading the label and it made me really sad.

Cain's Pure Sugar
15 Calories per Teaspoon
See side panel for nutrition information

<side panel>

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 1 teaspoon (4g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 15
Sugars: 4g

Ingredients: Sugar

*** Seriously! How much redundancy do you have to have on one container?!

Z

·
0 Posts
The worst one is the warning on the side of peanuts.

**Warning! May contain nuts!**

:confused:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Cappy said:
That's not even right! Peanuts are legumes, not nuts :confused:
Smarty-pants :p

I think they put that because nut allergies are more common than legume allergies. People with allergies to tree nuts are likely to also be allergic to peanuts but not necessarily other legumes e.g. beans, peas etc.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just hate the fact that companies have to make things so idiot proof because society has such a mix of idiots and people who try to get over on every little thing (cue Darwin awards)

Z

·
0 Posts
PrinceZane said:
I just hate the fact that companies have to make things so idiot proof because society has such a mix of idiots and people who try to get over on every little thing (cue Darwin awards)
It's more to do with lawsuits being filed over stupid things.

They have to be over cautious about everything cos they're all scared to death of being sued.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly. But there are 2 types: idiots that sue because they're idiots. And idiots that sue because they're trying to find a way to get a free ride.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Cappy said:
That's not even right! Peanuts are legumes, not nuts
Aha but even though peanuts are not nuts that doesn't mean the packet doesn't contain nuts.

The conveyor belt they process the peanuts on might also be used to pack Macadamia's. Think about it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts