Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday gave nani the chance to seize the day and silence his detractors and become a hero.....in return he threw the chance away big time and now surely the project that was nani must be at an end?how many more chances will the guy be given only for him to spurn them?

if anything this season his general performances have actually deteriorated rather than progrssed to the next level and his general game is wanting in ALL areas. yes, the guy scores the occasional stunner, but that sn't sufficient at this level and a united player need much much morew than he will ever offer.

i have been a nani supporter until this season whn i hoped he would push on to the next level and start to overcome the flaws he had,sadly if anything they are becoming more frequent. his selfish hogging of the ball, inability to use his team-mates around him, for every shot that flies in 30 fly wide,his dire corner taking and unwillingness to track back or get stuck in...which even ronaldo does.

after yesterday and this season can there be anyone left to defend this guy? he came , he tried ,but sadly was not united class and rather than affording him any more opportunities and stifling some other up and coming player by keeping him isn't now the time to say that where it ends??

it's over for him...isn't it?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Maybe but Ferguson wont want to give up so easilly. There must have been potential for United to buy him, and that potential cant just disappear. I think he might be given one final season.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe but Ferguson wont want to give up so easilly. There must have been potential for United to buy him, and that potential cant just disappear. I think he might be given one final season.
I think thats why he keeps getting chances. He hasnt played at all well since we signed him and I think Ferguson is wondering if he can turn it around. If it were up to me, I would punt for as much as we could get for him. He has done nothing to prove he can stay on and be a good player for us.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I agree with this.. he has talent that's clear, he cost quite a lot of money so he might get a bit more time then he may have otherwise... i personally don't believe he has IT but at times he does, so as always I will leave it to Fergie... a season long loan this year at some1 like Blackburn may have been good but its too late for that now and next year he has to come good or else I expect he will be offloaded... hope he does come good of course!!

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
ah slowly slowly we are getting there...
when i opened the "Time to sell Nani" thread it was a crusade pro-nani.

he had all the time in the world to prove it. he wont improve and will be sold.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
He's been off form this year for sure, he did lot more game time last season though. I think he will be staying put for another season. He has got ability, it's his decision making that can be painful at times:rolleyes:

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
David Bellion anyone?! ;)
Id say more "juan veron" than Bellion, as he did cost a bomb...

But i do agree its time for the lad to go to the spanish league or back to portugal, right now 8m would be a good refund from the 14m spent...

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
No doubt, he's shown moments of magic and he has some right foot on him, when he lets go... But, sometimes, he is just completely frustrating... Yesterday, on numerous of ocassions, he gave the ball away needlessly and was hittin shots from riciculous angles, with his body shape all wrong.. These all really seem like simple things to fix, so I really can't see how one of the management staff hasn't tried to solve the problem... Because if we could I really think we could have a star on our hands. But tell the truth I reallly would sell him for anything over 6 million at this stage.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
That pathetic shot he did which i think the ball left the stadium is all that sticks in my mind from yesterday,we know he CAN smash a deadly shot,but its very very rare....

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I wouldn't give up on Nani just yet, I was really hoping he would play well yesterday..
It was a Massive game for him to play in as he hadn't played in awhile before yesterday..
The lad has potential and Fergie certainly isn't going to give up on him just yet..
I large fee was payed for him and I think he will be here next season and then he will have to show what he's worth..
I'm really hoping next season Nani and Anderson really shine and show that they are good enough to play for United on a regular basis..!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think so too, but if he hasn't improved by next season then just get rid of him.
He is just so bad at times its unreal. I have been raising doubts about Nani since last season saying he would never cut it at United. I was hoping I would be wrong and would have gladly eaten my hat, but the lad is shocking and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see this.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
If he was signed for £1m we wouldn't be talking about his 'undoubted ability' and saying he will come good, we'd be saying he's a young player who just simply won't make it here. Because he won't.

I think this is his last season here and we will be signing a new left winger in the summer. Quieroz convinced Fergie to spent £20m on him when we could have got Ribery for the same price, same with Anderson.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
He should have done much better, not only yesterday but the majority of the matches this season and there is no way i can deny that. The truth speaks for itself.
But - This boy has got the world in the palm of his hands, he is at the greatest club he could have wished for, surrounded by world class players whom he train with day in day out. Surely, there`s got to be some improvement somewhere to see? I`ll say, give him one more season chance in which he`ll be nearly be 24 years old .. And then we`ll speak from there. Because ffs, he is still 22 years old .. You can`t expect some teenager to arrive to OT and be a superstar immadietaly - Yet he settled down well with the team, scored spectacular goals and made great players look like ***** when played against him. Its only his second season here .. The one which unfortunately is underperforming in .. But we are still not giving this lad enough chance. There are many factors behind his performances, its not as white and plain as we see because we can easily judge ..

This lad needs support, and tell me .. if we won`t be the one who gives him this, then who will? I`m just glad Fergie does not have the same mentality as some of you.

I won`t be proved wrong by this lad, that`s one thing i`m sure of :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I don't mind him to be honest. He's scores some crackers & entertains. Not the best decision making.

However football's a game. It's meant to be fun. I like watching Nani at times.

If you stop expecting Nani to be great like Ronaldo he really isn't that bad.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think so too, but if he hasn't improved by next season then just get rid of him.
He is just so bad at times its unreal. I have been raising doubts about Nani since last season saying he would never cut it at United. I was hoping I would be wrong and would have gladly eaten my hat, but the lad is shocking and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see this.

couldn't agree more, just don't give him another season ...we've seen and had enough :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
No doubt, he's shown moments of magic and he has some right foot on him, when he lets go... But, sometimes, he is just completely frustrating... Yesterday, on numerous of ocassions, he gave the ball away needlessly and was hittin shots from riciculous angles, with his body shape all wrong.. These all really seem like simple things to fix, so I really can't see how one of the management staff hasn't tried to solve the problem... Because if we could I really think we could have a star on our hands. But tell the truth I reallly would sell him for anything over 6 million at this stage.
I wouldn't give up on Nani just yet, I was really hoping he would play well yesterday..
It was a Massive game for him to play in as he hadn't played in awhile before yesterday..
The lad has potential and Fergie certainly isn't going to give up on him just yet..
I large fee was payed for him and I think he will be here next season and then he will have to show what he's worth..
I'm really hoping next season Nani and Anderson really shine and show that they are good enough to play for United on a regular basis..!!!
If he was signed for £1m we wouldn't be talking about his 'undoubted ability' and saying he will come good, we'd be saying he's a young player who just simply won't make it here. Because he won't.

I think this is his last season here and we will be signing a new left winger in the summer. Quieroz convinced Fergie to spent £20m on him when we could have got Ribery for the same price, same with Anderson.
Invole him in an exchane of some sort for Ribery.
He should have done much better, not only yesterday but the majority of the matches this season and there is no way i can deny that. The truth speaks for itself.
But - This boy has got the world in the palm of his hands, he is at the greatest club he could have wished for, surrounded by world class players whom he train with day in day out. Surely, there`s got to be some improvement somewhere to see? I`ll say, give him one more season chance in which he`ll be nearly be 24 years old .. And then we`ll speak from there. Because ffs, he is still 22 years old .. You can`t expect some teenager to arrive to OT and be a superstar immadietaly - Yet he settled down well with the team, scored spectacular goals and made great players look like ***** when played against him. Its only his second season here .. The one which unfortunately is underperforming in .. But we are still not giving this lad enough chance. There are many factors behind his performances, its not as white and plain as we see because we can easily judge ..

This lad needs support, and tell me .. if we won`t be the one who gives him this, then who will? I`m just glad Fergie does not have the same mentality as some of you.

I won`t be proved wrong by this lad, that`s one thing i`m sure of :thumbsup:
My own opinion on Nani is a mix of a lot of points that have been mentioned by you.

He is talented and blessed with good ball skills. He has a sweet right foot and is very fast, although his acceleration isn't the best.

He cost a lot of money and played his part in last season's double.......
BUT... Nani strikes me as a slow learner. Very slow.

I sometimes think the lights are on, but no one is home.

Eventually, I think Nani will blossom into a very good player in his mid 20s, but even then, his decision-making will always be suspect and vulnerable to fluctuate between good and ridiculously bad.

At this stage, I'd use him as part of a trade with Ribery, however, i don't think Bayern will be interested.

So, if that scenario is not possible, I wouldn't cash in on him and see what next season brings instead.

He didn't turn up yesterday or for most of this season, but I sitll believe he can deliver better than what he did last season on a more consistent basis. He has the talent, so it's up to him to start learning to make better decisions.

Last season would be thelast chance saloon for his career at OT though.

Make or break. I hope he does make it, but as I said, his decision-making is worrying and because of it, I think he will never be a regular fixture at OT.

Would love to be proven wrong though.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts