Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed really how the scumsers have been takin the urine lately with their transfer dealings

Crouch to Portsmouth = 11million.

For a player in his last year of contract and for who they bought for £7million, its pretty good deal on Liverpool's part

Robbie Keane from Spurs = Liverpool offer of £12-15million. Spurs want £20million

Now if Crouch is worth £11million then £20 million seems fair for Keane who has proven history of goals.

Gareth Barry to Liverpool = £18 million asking price from Villa.

This on its own would seem a normal price for a on-form england international yet Liverpool still seem to be trying to push for the lower price of £12-£15million by unsettling Barry with comments from Gerrard stating he would love him to come to Liverpool.

Now this is where the biscuit is truly taken...

Xabi Alonso to Juventus = £25 MILLION asking price.

Where the hell do they get that figure from for a second rate player who is a fringe player for his country and has not showed the potential from his initial arrival at Liverpool.

People accuse United of being ruthless in the transfer market but we dont conduct business like Liverpool seem to be trying to do this season. It suggest a lot of business is being conducted from the american board pulling several big strings from behind the scenes.

Just glad that most of the business they have tried has failed without them getting a signature.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
those scousers gained good money by selling crouch
but didnt they waste some of the money on a new french hot prospect Ngog
signing of ngog is a proof that scousers are one of the worst dealers

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Has anyone noticed really how the scumsers have been takin the urine lately with their transfer dealings

Crouch to Portsmouth = 11million.

For a player in his last year of contract and for who they bought for £7million, its pretty good deal on Liverpool's part

Robbie Keane from Spurs = Liverpool offer of £12-15million. Spurs want £20million

Now if Crouch is worth £11million then £20 million seems fair for Keane who has proven history of goals.

Gareth Barry to Liverpool = £18 million asking price from Villa.

This on its own would seem a normal price for a on-form england international yet Liverpool still seem to be trying to push for the lower price of £12-£15million by unsettling Barry with comments from Gerrard stating he would love him to come to Liverpool.

Now this is where the biscuit is truly taken...

Xabi Alonso to Juventus = £25 MILLION asking price.

Where the hell do they get that figure from for a second rate player who is a fringe player for his country and has not showed the potential from his initial arrival at Liverpool.

People accuse United of being ruthless in the transfer market but we dont conduct business like Liverpool seem to be trying to do this season. It suggest a lot of business is being conducted from the american board pulling several big strings from behind the scenes.

Just glad that most of the business they have tried has failed without them getting a signature.
Like being an England international means anything nowadays.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
they are spending , and they still losing games, why??? just go championship and get a trophy there, atleast they can have a trophy parade haahahaha....

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'd say that Xabi Alonso is definitely worth a huge sum of money. Not £25 million but he's worth something.

I mean he's not the strongest ball winner but his passing and creativity are something that the scouser's desperately need.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dlan4327 said:
I'd say that Xabi Alonso is definitely worth a huge sum of money. Not £25 million but he's worth something.

I mean he's not the strongest ball winner but his passing and creativity are something that the scouser's desperately need.
but they wanna sell him for £25 million and buy some one for £15 million. Surely they are therefore admitting themselves that they are getting rid of a better player than the one they are buying.

or they are out for the con!!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
LoL they are a complete joke. How come I am not surprised?

25m for Alonso is a good of a joke like 35m for Adebayor hahaha

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
My bros a Poo and he started slating Martin O'Neill for the way hes behaving about Barry! :eek:

I soon put him in his place, telling him that its disgraceful to think Benitez bumps up the prices of his players and hold other clubs to ransom while he expects to get other players for peanuts! :rolleyes:

But, what do you expect from Scousers? :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
Xabi Alonso is fair for a lot of money but £25 million is too much. Clubs regularly do as Liverpool have done though and nothing is out of the ordinary. The opening bid is always too low and the response is always too high.
This, my friends is called NEGOTIATION. Every team wants to get as much as they can for a player, and buy one for as cheap as poss. Crouch was offered at £15m to start and Pompey wanted him for £8m. The final price was in between, surprise surprise.
Spurs wanted £20m for Keane and Liverpool wanted to bid £15. The price being quoted today is £18m and the clubs are close to deals.
£30 for Adebayor is a joke valuation and this will come down if anyone is to sign but not by much and why should it? If Adebayor is wanted by a club, Arsenal can slap a high valuation on if they do not wish to sell the player. Why should they?
Ronaldo is not worth £100m, but if we were to sell him, that is what we should get. Madrid want him, we dont want to sell him. So why not?

Talking about Barry in the press is not right, but it may just be mainly media lies. Gerrard should keep his fat nose out, but there is no sanctions against players "tapping up" other players in the media and until there is, it is smart work from the Scousers.
You shouldnt let your Liverpool hatred come before talking football sense. If Utd managed to sell players for big money and buy players on the cheap, we would be discussing transfer market genius.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
whatever the scouser cannot match man utd we are the best
i hate the scousers too much
and they wont get premiership for more many years

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
dlan4327 said:

He's worth something but not that much. Carrick is a better player and people
say we got ripped off (18 million)......Alonso would be worth 15m tops.
The Scousers are chancing their arm the ******s.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
piazza said:
Like being an England international means anything nowadays.
It means summers off to stay healthy and relaxed. It ups the value if you know they won't get injured for country. ;)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I think the Alonso of say 2 years ago was worth every penny and was one of the best creative midfielder in Europe.

But we are decent when it comes to selling players,

7M for Richardson
7M for Smith
7M for Heinze
8M plus a buy back clause for Rossi

etc..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts