Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I've literally never noticed it. I mean the fact that basically all fans think their club is being unfairly treated by the media suggests it's more in their heads than in reality. Even if it does exist, I don't really care.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
It's all in your head, every club in the country thinks the media hates them.
No SG, it's not my imagination.Have you ever listened to Alan Green? Andy Townsend? Jim Beglin? I don't think the media hates United just that certain commentators are biased, hilariously so in the case of the above named. To be fair Tyler is usually ok but he was definetly ecstatic when City equalised last Sunday.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
erics collar said:
No SG, it's not my imagination.Have you ever listened to Alan Green? Andy Townsend? Jim Beglin? I don't think the media hates United just that certain commentators are biased, hilariously so in the case of the above named. To be fair Tyler is usually ok but he was definetly ecstatic when City equalised last Sunday.
I totally agree with you, some are more obvious than others. The the other day was a piss take.

Redknapp is very biased but I don't mind him, I like seeing him upset at Utd's success.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
You've just rattled off a list of commentators that every fan in the country thinks hates their team. This is not a new idea between fans.

Like I said hold whatever your opinion you want but petitions and complaint letters, it's so small-time, which is not what the club is about.

·
Juventus fan
17,446 Posts
So essentially what people are saying is they don't like biased commentators but relaly don't mind when it's Pro-Utd. Imagine that?

·
Tormund FTW!
1,916 Posts
So essentially what people are saying is they don't like biased commentators but relaly don't mind when it's Pro-Utd. Imagine that?
Personally, I hate it when it's "pro-united", tbh. It's why I can't stand watching anything on MUTV.

Impartiality is the key to good commentary. Gary Neville understands this after only a couple of years, but I guess the phrase "can't teach an old dog new tricks" applies to most commentators. Too many of them are bitter about the fact they were never as successful in their career (or the team isn't as successful now) as Utd and our players.

Obviously there will never be complete impartiality, but when you can so clearly hear the frustration/disappointment/anger in their voice after we score/win, it's pretty shite.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Noy it at all.I just want fair play, its certainly not ok for a commentator to shout 'YES' when one team scores and be umoved when the other does.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I noticed Tyler' reactions yesterday too, but he's done the same for us in the past. Remember the Bruce header against Wednesday? He's still the best commentator by far IMO, Quinn is terrible though.
Lol, yeah and at least he tried to be impartial after the event with Bruce's header...

"YESSS!!!!...Yes, for Manchester United!" :LOL:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have always viewed the football commentators as near non-entities. I take little they say or don't say to heart. This isn't to say they don't get under my skin and irritate at times: however, they, to me, are basically annoying, mindless, bias gnats.

City is their darlin' at the moment. In the online papers, it is City that gets the ink; be it Mancini's latest excuse or some daft utterance. Sure the mindless talking-heads get near orgasmic when City scores or is top of the table... they have to get pleasure from something .

As I see it, It's great being loathed by these pundit gnats... after all it is Man United's success, past and present that burns their onions... let 'em burn!

·
Banned
3,354 Posts
I have always wondered what the commentors are for I mean when you attendance the match there is no commenter spurting his ramblings into your ears and making you feel dumber by telling you what is happening.. and your cable to know exactly what goes on.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
You could include Jamie Redknapp in that as well , he spoke more about how City lost the game rather than how United won it and being the team to end City's unbeaten home run .
That might be due to them being champions though? As much as i hate to say it

I may be wrong though

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
You've just rattled off a list of commentators that every fan in the country thinks hates their team. This is not a new idea between fans.

Like I said hold whatever your opinion you want but petitions and complaint letters, it's so small-time, which is not what the club is about.
Alan Green is a Liverpool fan though, and does hate United/Everton with a passion.

He's also a horrible human being who belongs in a cave.

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
Martin Tyler supports Arsenal?
Supposedly his team is Woking FC. But I'm sure that he has a PL club that he's partial to more than others though.

Found this: It's Martin Tyler's twenty greatest PL moments (I'm sure City's title would feature highly but it was written in 2011):http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2024900/Martin-Tylers-20-favourite-Premier-League-moments.html

He's got United winning the first PL title at number two and a few others such as number nineteen and Becks' goal from his own half. Probably not enough United mentions considering how dominant we've been over the past twenty years. But then if fifteen of the twenty were United moments he'd get ripped by the ABU's as a closet red. So in a way he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
When your sending complaint letters, can you also send one to EA complaining about how shit their servers are? :help:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Lol, yeah and at least he tried to be impartial after the event with Bruce's header...

"YESSS!!!!...Yes, for Manchester United!" :LOL:
:LOL: indeed, when RVP's freekick went in he sounded a bit deflated. On a side note, BBC highlights failed to show the penalty incident, Toure's dive and Tevez kicking Jones. Is it a big conspiracy against us? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i don't pick up any bias by commentators against Utd , i think its mainly in some fans heads ,their a bit paranoid whenever Utd gets mentioned . Tyler has done loads of shouting for Utd goals over the years and to say he has a bias against us is a bit daft .

·
Registered
727 Posts
I miss Andy Gray.

I don't blame Mr Tyler for not being quite as enthusiastic about the mighty Manchester United as he once was. After all, he's had to commentate on 20 years of ridiculous amounts of success. It must get a LITTLE tiresome if you're not a fan. (or, indeed, an Arsenal fan?) He's not that bad though, and honestly, neither is Niall Quinn, really. He tries to be nice, and impartial. He's just not very good at commentating.

It does grate a -little- when he's clearly more enthusiastic for Man City. But a petition is very Rawk-ish. And honestly, who isn't secretly a little pleased when a commentator is trying desperately to sound enthusiastic about us scoring but just can't bring himself to do it? I love it, with all my heart, when you can just -tell- that they're devastated by a Manchester United goal, and it makes it all the sweeter. In fact, have ABU's commentate on ALL our matches, so we can hear their little hearts break as #20 rolls on by. :devil:

Anyway, we do still have G Nev out there, beating the drum for proper analysis and impartiality.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts