Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I'm leaning more to not submitting the complaint (I was acting on anger) but it's been a good debate on an issue that I've been criticised on in the past. I agree in the cold light of day it's probably not the right thing to do - and yes I could see it being the kind of thing Liverpool or the blue shite would do.

·
Since 1976
2,233 Posts
I miss Andy Gray.

I don't blame Mr Tyler for not being quite as enthusiastic about the mighty Manchester United as he once was. After all, he's had to commentate on 20 years of ridiculous amounts of success. It must get a LITTLE tiresome if you're not a fan. (or, indeed, an Arsenal fan?) He's not that bad though, and honestly, neither is Niall Quinn, really. He tries to be nice, and impartial. He's just not very good at commentating.

It does grate a -little- when he's clearly more enthusiastic for Man City. But a petition is very Rawk-ish. And honestly, who isn't secretly a little pleased when a commentator is trying desperately to sound enthusiastic about us scoring but just can't bring himself to do it? I love it, with all my heart, when you can just -tell- that they're devastated by a Manchester United goal, and it makes it all the sweeter. In fact, have ABU's commentate on ALL our matches, so we can hear their little hearts break as #20 rolls on by. :devil:

Anyway, we do still have G Nev out there, beating the drum for proper analysis and impartiality.
TAKE A BOW SON TAKE A BOW!

·
^The Special 1^
398 Posts
Don't send it, but I even have a bone to pick with mr Gary Neville.
He's been joining the "Joe Hart made a save, let's call it a heroic world class save" boat, and is clearly having an (understandable but no less pissing the shit out of me) bias towards any English player. He's always playing them up in the league, (I don't mind for the CL, unless it's 2 english team's sometime in the knockouts when that's the only time such a CL fixture is possible).

Joe hart was apparently 'keeping his team in the match' when he made 2 saves that well, any GK worth his salt would make yesterday. It really annoys me how he prepares an English orgasm every time the Eng. player touches it, but can be so critical of non-English players so often.

I do love his analysis, but in the kissing-English-players-buttcheek he's among the worst.
Tyler and him are probably still the best 2 to listen to, but still annoys me every time he does it.

Very few other commentators have any real upsides. Always the same victims. Nani's poor, Rafael's positionally unaware / livewire but defensively undisciplined, De Gea 'did well BUT .....', Evra's poor for the last 18 months (Watch the last 4 months you @$$), and Valencia's a 'real threat' (Watch the last 4 months, love the guy but he's been poor). etc. It's so sick ;/

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Don't send it, but I even have a bone to pick with mr Gary Neville.
He's been joining the "Joe Hart made a save, let's call it a heroic world class save" boat, and is clearly having an (understandable but no less pissing the shit out of me) bias towards any English player. He's always playing them up in the league, (I don't mind for the CL, unless it's 2 english team's sometime in the knockouts when that's the only time such a CL fixture is possible).

Joe hart was apparently 'keeping his team in the match' when he made 2 saves that well, any GK worth his salt would make yesterday. It really annoys me how he prepares an English orgasm every time the Eng. player touches it, but can be so critical of non-English players so often.

I do love his analysis, but in the kissing-English-players-buttcheek he's among the worst.
Tyler and him are probably still the best 2 to listen to, but still annoys me every time he does it.

Very few other commentators have any real upsides. Always the same victims. Nani's poor, Rafael's positionally unaware / livewire but defensively undisciplined, De Gea 'did well BUT .....', Evra's poor for the last 18 months (Watch the last 4 months you @$$), and Valencia's a 'real threat' (Watch the last 4 months, love the guy but he's been poor). etc. It's so sick ;/
Gary is an odd, although attractive, mix of partisanship and professional impartiality.
When he was playing for United, none more committed, none had their colours nailed more firmly to the mast.

As a commentator, but a current part of team England, he gives United not a grain of favour, but perhaps understandably does not adopt the same attitude of setting himself up as a Roman judge where English as against players of other nationalities are concerned.

Whatever the psychology of it, his aural ecstasy when Torres scored for an English team, a competitor to Man Utd, was a high spot in everyone's football life, and long may Gary continue with his unique mixture of partiality, impartiality and analysis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all...been supporting the club for many a year and literally found this page when searching for anti-united media coverage..

i agree with all who say that pundits, while not being biased, have a right to criticize...but that is sadly not what is happening...its quite blatant and clearly biased...i am not just talking about tyler and tv, but the print media as well..keown too, blatantly biased..

does any body else agree?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts