·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To list some classics:
'We are now in the middle of the centre of the first half'
'A game is not won until it is lost.'
'Stoichkov is pointing at the bench with his eyes.'
'He has a great understanding of where the goalkeeper is in relationship to the goal.'
'He's got a brain under his hair.'
'If there are any managers out there with a bottomless pit, I'm sure that they would be interested in these two Russians.'
'Preki quite literally only has the one foot.'
'Pires has got something about him, he can go both ways depending on who's facing him.'
'For such a small man Maradona gets great elevation on his balls'
'He wasn't really trying to score with that shot.'
'There's Thierry Henry, exploding like the French train that he is.'
'This is a real cat and carrot situation.'
'Eighty per cent of teams who score first in matches go on to win them. But they may draw some. Or occasionally lose.'
"Of course, Steven Gerrard is one of only a few Liverpool players who never get left out by Rafa. And even he doesn't always get picked."
Lizazaru, Chimbomba, Benanoon, the list goes on...

Pleat the man, the myth, the moron.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
We had one here in Portugal. He's still alive, but doesn't do matches anymore. He had some real belly-ups.
And a player too. If you ever read his remarks and comments and interviews, your eyes would water.

·
Registered
104 Posts
To anwser your question, no I don't think there is. He pointedly refers to us as 'Manchester' all the time, when everyone knows there's only one United.

Mark Bright is another one I can't stand, he insists on explaining everything I've just seen, as if he's talking to a blind audience.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's awful tbh. I don't know how he's managed to hold onto his job.

No wonder he's still not a manager :rofl:

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's is one here in Brazil. He's far worse than this guy. Everyone hates him...

Here's a famous quote by him: "After losing, draw is the worst result." Honestly, you're happy for hearing David Pleat instead of Galvao Bueno.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Can someone tell me when the hell he was talking about Preki? When he was at Everton I assume?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mmmm?, I'd still rather listen to the Pleatisms than Andy Gray's annoying over-dramatic, over-excited, over-patronising drone!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts