Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quite simple really, he says he dreams of spain one day who knows worst comes to worst he'll be gone after the euros? but im worrying and trying to think is there anyone that could be bought to soften the blow of loosing the best player in the world and i have to admit i dont think there is ? maybe franck ribery ? but he would not smash in 40 odd goals same goes for messi ? any thoughts guys ? :eek: :mad:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If we signed Messi and Eto'o with the £100m we got for Ronaldo it would soften the blow :D

I honestly don't think there is any need to worry though. Obviously we will not keep Ronaldo at the club against his will but he has repeatedly stated that he is happy at United and I can't see him going this summer.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't believe Ronaldo will leave.

He has continually said hes happy here, and I think Sir Alex and, especially Carlos Queiroz will persuade him hes at the right club, even if he does think about leaving.

I'm not worrying about it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Of course Ronaldo can be replaced.

If Best, Robson, Keane, Cantona, Law, Charlton etc can all be replaced, so to can he.

This is Manchester United Football Club, not Ronaldo FC. He is a drop in the ocean that is United in terms of the clubs significance - despite what he may think.

He should feel priveleged to play for the club. Not vice versa.

·
Registered
133 Posts
well. ok he is a good player and massive for united BUT every player is replaceable! well if ronaldo wants to go then we sell him. to replace him we buy 2-3 top class players and we have the same result. i think fergie can handle it very carefully. he knows what's the best for the team and as long as he works for a club like united are, he has everything he needs to improve team's performance!money,coaches,history,crowd!!

·
Banned
298 Posts
no i don't think so mate ronaldo is just the best player in the world

The Galway Red said:

If Best, Robson, Keane, Cantona, Law, Charlton etc can all be replaced, so to can he.

This is Manchester United Football Club, not Ronaldo FC. He is a drop in the ocean that is United in terms of the clubs significance - despite what he may think.

no ronaldo 4ever!!!!!!!!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The Galway Red said:

Another good post. No player is bigger than the club - just ask Van Nistelrooy and Beckham!

Ronaldo will stay this summer though. Fergie and Gill will be having words with him to assure him his future is at United. After signing a contract until 2012 and having the best season of his life why would he want to go?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i know but why would he say this in an interview ? it frustrates me that we are just days away from a champions league final ... and i do believe he can be replaced with maybe ribery and a goal machine striker having thought about it but having said that i'd rather ronaldo any day

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Umm well the same was asked about Ruud, Keane, and Becks...maybe Keane hasn't been totally replaced or Ruud as well but the thing is we are coping very well without them...we might not need a direct swap/replacement but we just need to strengthen the squad enough to challange for the thropies with the cash we are going to get for Ronaldo...Messi imo would be perfect...

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
life goes on ..................... there is always someone somewhere, with something different to replace anyone. I seem to remember "OMG How can we replace Ruud?"

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Meh. We'll just find a few strands of George Best's hair lying around and clone him. Hey maybe we can make a freak clone with DNA of Best, Cantona & Keane.

·
Registered
293 Posts
it would be hard to replace him with ONE person. but if United sell him for the price Real are offering they could buy 2-5 world class players that WILL replace him. obviously i would he rather stay, but if he does choose to leave it won't be the end of United!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with 100 million just imagine what we could bring in, and thats the minimum we'd get for him !

·
Registered
1 Posts
At the price that Real are quoted to be willing to pay for Chris i would be happy to see him leave OT. Chris has had a fantastic season in terms on goal scoring, yet some of his behaviour on the pitch is foolish. Chris has to learn to take a knock like torres for example. He,torres is an player whom takes it all in his stride. 100m is enough to purchase 2-4 real quality prospects which could fill chris's boots imo- Sergio Agüero,Karim Benzema,Ivan Rakitic,Niko Kranjčar,Toni Kroos,Lulinha!
all are rising stars that could and would have the potentail to preform at the top level

1 - 20 of 62 Posts