Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
You already have done :laugh: as you are now implying sh!t again, you only knew because you read about a woman singing it, says a lot about you and what you know about the club. oh dear, now don't bore me any more, fecking students eh :rolleyes:

Over fooking reacting all the time, now go and study
What`s wrong with learning things over the internet? I only knew about this today, not that i ever gave a damn about the origin of You`ll never walk alone anyways, but i`m willing to learn about everything concerning football.
Internet and books is where we learn loadsa stuff, anyone denying this would be the biggest liar on earth :rolleyes:

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
What`s wrong with learning things over the internet? I only knew about this today, not that i ever gave a damn about the origin of You`ll never walk alone anyways, but i`m willing to learn about everything concerning football.
Internet and books is where we learn loadsa stuff, anyone denying this would be the biggest liar on earth :rolleyes:
I wouldn't even bother trying Roxii. You need to actually drop a few levels to actually talk to him. It's like talking to a newborn baby with this guy. If he's anymore than 12, it's embarrassing.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I wouldn't even bother trying Roxii. You need to actually drop a few levels to actually talk to him. It's like talking to a newborn baby with this guy. If he's anymore than 12, it's embarrassing.
I wouldn`t be that harsh ;)
But i would love him to learn that not everyone is as intelligent as he is ;) Unfair life eh :frown:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
its harsh to slag people off for not knowing things about the clubs history...i am lucky i had a grandad who told me massive amounts of stories and then i read all the books etc and found out as much as i could.......people who are new fans or just starting to get into united can't be crticised for learning new things about the club.

the only fans i slag off are the ones who DON'T want to learn anything about the club or its history and whose total knowledge and interest is the eleven players on the field right now , people who WANT to learn things and find new things out are fine by me, shows there interested rather than just turning up to watch matches of a team they know nothing about

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
some guy told me we used to sing always look on the bright side of life when we was in div 2. just thought id share that

G

·
Oh dear only new because you read an interview about it :rolleyes: oh dear shame on you :whistling:
You already have done :laugh: as you are now implying sh!t again, you only knew because you read about a woman singing it, says a lot about you and what you know about the club. oh dear, now don't bore me any more, fecking students eh :rolleyes:
and you knew about it from where ?

Let me guess...the same place as i did..... the same place as just about everybody did.......reading about it.:wave1:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Who cares who sung it first? Even if it was sung at a United match at one point, it was clearly never adopted as an anthem for their club. No-one 'stole' it, as you can't steal what someone doesn't claim as their own. Fact is, it is now a Liverpool anthem, and also an anthem for some other clubs. Do United want to use it as well?

Clearly the song wasn't written for the purpose it was used for at a United match. They heard the song, liked it, and thought it would be an appropriate tribute. I'm sure such a song would be. But just because it was used for that purpose, doesn't mean that ownership for that purpose or by the club is automatically claimed. There is nothing stopping others from using the song as well.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
some guy told me we used to sing always look on the bright side of life when we was in div 2. just thought id share that
We sang that all through the barren years, if you watch the match highlights against sheffield wednesday in '93 after Bruce's second they start singing it :)

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
This discussion has been going on in another forum somewhere for a long time. I can state that, as far back as I can recall, United fans NEVER sang this. What we DID sing was a variation: "You'll Never Walk Again"

The words were, shall we say, derogatory, to the LFC fans.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
ya this is true, you'll never walk alone was sung by utd first, but loads of times sing it now days its just most people place the song liverpool and celtic fans, if im not mistaken i heard it been sung at the utd and sunderland match last week....

21 - 35 of 35 Posts