Manchester United Talk banner

Which was the best goal so far this season?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It isn't often that a 17-year-old will have put the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez in the shade where goal-scoring is concerned, but that's precisely what Danny Welbeck did on Saturday at Old Trafford when he scored that 30-yard pile-driver against Stoke City.

Ronaldo scored two goals from a brace of stunning free-kicks, but the general consensus in my Red abode was that Welbeck's effort was by far the best of the bunch. Will we see a better United goal this season? I have my doubts....

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
For raw talent and youth, and inexperience and all that, your probably right TBH.

Certinaly a contender for it thus far, but I wouldn't say we won't score a better goal all season IMO.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
No...Berbatovs scissor kick volley thing was
That was tasty alright but Id say Wellbeck's was the best goal so far this season.
We will score better ones though, that I am sure of.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
^^i agree. The berbatov goal was nice but this was a lil more special in my opinion too but if we dont score a better goal for the rest of the season id be dissapointed!

pz

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I liked the berbatov wizardry against west ham, this is a great one though but Its still early we still have more prem games, cl, fa cup and carling cup, not to mention the world club cup, so anything can happen. we may still see a better goal.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I really enjoyed Welbeck's strike, but to me the West Ham goal was showed more skill. Not that Welbeck's belter was easy, but it wasn't as refined as the Berba's magic against West Ham.

Both beutiful goal for different reason.

More goals please!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It was certainly the goal of the game but I doubt it will turn out to be our goal of the season. I'm sure we'll see a few screamers from the likes of Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney and Nani before the end of the season.

Tbh, I preferred the goal against West Ham set up by Berbatov. I'm still mesmerised by Berba's turn.

·
Registered
125 Posts
berbatov has to be the best so far of course we will see better goals you madman still a long way to go and we havent hit top gear yet

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Wellbeck's goal

screamers in football always have an orgasmic affects on me :p

great goal

also Berba goal versus aalborg is great

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I love a good belter of a goal..... Rooney Vs Newcastle is one of my all time favs

So thats why i went for Welbecks, to score a cracker like that on your debut infront of the Stretford End would be better than jumping from a plane while having the must amazing sex of you life and falling into a sea of Champagne:)

1. Welbeck
2. Rafael
3 Berba+Ronaldo combo

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
A bit early for this but i voted for welbeck , what a way to score your first goal for the reds.
I am hoping lots of goals will top this one by the end of the season

1 - 20 of 29 Posts