Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wes Brown is still standing firm with his wage demands.

Earlier reports he had accepted a £43,000 deal have proved to be rubbish.

Seems he has demands in the region of £80,000 per week. Add to this the fact
United turned down an offer in the region of £800,000 from Newcastle in January
saying they considered him to be worth about £3,000,000.

So now Brown's agent is saying if he is worth this kind of money he must be paid
accordingly.

Agents cause all the problems in these deals and this is a classic case.

Brown obviously feels after acting as stand in for Neville for the past year he is
classed as a senior player and wants to be paid accordingly.

Rio earns £100,000 per week, and Ronnie is believed to be negotiating a deal
worth a staggering £140,000 per week.

Is Brown being greedy ?

Or is the agent again causing the problems ?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
His agent is too invloved. I'd say in the end he'll sign the contract. After all, he's
playing with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo who are earning crazy amounts so
he believes he deserves a high wage too. He'll sign, trust me!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I hate agents but on the other hand..Wes have the final say..no matter what his agent said, the final decision is in his hand not even his agent can force him to do something he didnt want to...i will be very dissapointed if he didnt sign but still i wont blame him fully...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
a good contract on the table, playing regular football, team going for trophies, chances to win medals, be at man utd...
things cant go any better than that, i see no reason he would not sign. he will end up the big loser if he does go

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
he should stay, he grew up here, he has been great filling in for neville, has improved loads this season, very impressed with him, sign the contract!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nirk said:
hes not tht good and wont be playing first teamm football next year so lay off the dough
Exactly, he has been a great sub for neville and i love him for that, but he aint world class material.

Next year we hopefully will have an Neville BACK, not just " a few weeks away ", or else i hope we will buy another one.

Brown is a good player, and he will probably take down 4/5 of the left midfielders in PL, but in europe he will have to fight to much. If we meet Barca and Messi we all gonna cry, but brown will die if he faces him.

So Wes, take the sallery SAF offers you, i'm sure he dont give you an unfair one..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Really cant see Wes leaving.
Apparently hes just bought a plush new gaff in town, his agent is trying to eek every last penny they can get and United aren't calling the bluff like we did last time when his agent tried holding us to ransom.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
id call him stupid more so than greedy... winning medals should be worth more to him than the extra couple of K a week cos the only place thats stupid enough to pay him the money he thinks he's worth is newcastle.. ya aint gonna win much the wesely!!!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is just a wake up call to tell sir alex to let him go and buy another RB. If he does go cause he wants more cash he'll regret it cause any other team he goes to wont pay him what he wants anyways. If he dont sign a contract i'll look forward 2 him leaving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts