Manchester United Talk banner

Is Wilson Palacios top 4 material ?

• For sure! - One of the big 4 will snap him up soon.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No way! You're having a laugh!

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally i believe this lad is one of the best players outside of the top four and if i was Arsene Wenger i would be completely deverstated at letting this youg man slip through the net and when we were linked with him at the end of last season i was delighted, yes some will say well if he's not good enough for Arsenal why would he be good enough for United. Well i just think he's got the most amazing energy and i do believe a big club will soon snap him up if his form over the last year continues, and if we wasn't so well stocked in the center on midfiled i would be very optermistic about him coming to OT.

Steve Bruce should also be praised for noticeing the boys talents and he looks a senstional prospect.

This thread is also about players from outside the top four who you think would make it in these 'top four' sides ... for me Palacios is leading the way big time at the moment after all he did make the likes of Ballack Lampard and Essien look fairly average last weekend aswell, but there are obviously others that have impressed me, i really like the look of Jonas Gutierrez of Newcastle, played well against us but looks although like he has everything abbout him to make himself a success in the England and dare i say it if his form continues he'll probably be off even if Keegan wants him to stay.

1. Palacios
2. Jonas Gutierrez
3. Ashley Young
4. Berbatov - for the time being :)
5. Luka Modric

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Drew9 said:
Personally i believe this lad is one of the best players outside of the top four and if i was Arsene Wenger i would be completely deverstated at letting this youg man slip through the net and when we were linked with him at the end of last season i was delighted, yes some will say well if he's not good enough for Arsenal why would he be good enough for United. Well i just think he's got the most amazing energy and i do believe a big club will soon snap him up if his form over the last year continues, and if we wasn't so well stocked in the center on midfiled i would be very optermistic about him coming to OT.

Steve Bruce should also be praised for noticeing the boys talents and he looks a senstional prospect.

This thread is also about players from outside the top four who you think would make it in these 'top four' sides ... for me Palacios is leading the way big time at the moment after all he did make the likes of Ballack Lampard and Essien look fairly average last weekend aswell, but there are obviously others that have impressed me, i really like the look of Jonas Gutierrez of Newcastle, played well against us but looks although like he has everything abbout him to make himself a success in the England and dare i say it if his form continues he'll probably be off even if Keegan wants him to stay.

1. Palacios
2. Jonas Gutierrez
3. Ashley Young
4. Berbatov - for the time being :)
5. Luka Modric
Great Thread

i agree with you 100% on palacios
hes fast, strong, good passer and great tackler
i wouldnt be suprised if we dont see him in a top 4 team with in the next 2 years hes also quite young as well aint he?

ashley young is defo there hes pure class should be playing even starting for england

i think WHEN we get berbatov he should be repleced in your top 5 with aghbonglour hes awsome imo

my top 5 would be

1. Palacios
2. ashley young
3. aghbonglahour
4. modric
5. micah Richards

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Arteta
Cahill
Bale
Berbatov
Santa Cruz

There's a lot of quality in England. Valencia, Young, Downing, and on and on and on and on.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
After watching Palacios game against Chelsea I agree that he's a top name for sure.

But players are so different and what you ask of them but on that top 5 list should Roque Santa Cruz be. 23 goals for struggling Rovers last season and already he have opened the scoring account this season.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
Arteta
Cahill
Bale
Berbatov
Santa Cruz

There's a lot of quality in England. Valencia, Young, Downing, and on and on and on and on.
there is loads of quality to many to think
but palacios has to be within the top 5 hes awsome

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Wilson Palacios looks a top player, although we don't really need a central player.

But there are many players outwith the top 4 who are good enough to sign for the top 4. But I don't know why top 4 clubs still buy abroad, when these players are in the Premiership, and who it would be safer to pay the money for.

5 off the top of my head are;

1) Modric
2) Dos Santos
3) Palacios
4) Arteta
5) Santa Cruz

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Palacios was awesome against Chelsea in the FIRST HALF. He's a top player but he did fade in the second so maybe stamina is questionable.

Maybe. I'm not saying he isn't class. Also where was he in the 5 - 0 over Hull? Injured?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts