Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am probably going to get abuse left, right and center about this but anyway. When you think about it, football is really a very stupid game. 22 men running around a field after a spherical object, try their level best to put it the back of a net! Funny when you think about it .....:D :D

Its amazing how something can seem so stupid when you think about it like that, yet it can become such a passion almost a religion for many of us. Including myself !

It isn't just football either, think about rugby. A bunch of sweaty, big, muddy men jumping and diving around the place for an oval shaped object .....
It is ridiculous when you think about it like that with alot of sports!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
what about golf, trying to hit a tiny ball over 500 yards into a tiny hole lol

although in saying that i like golf :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
It does seem stupid but when you put on your teams shirt or score a goal or get past one of your mates with a new trick or United score a goal you get a little lump in your stomach I suppose.

Man AG you have made me depressed with this thread ffs.............:(;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
im confused,but i still love footy,no matter what.Now about golf.................watching a full game is a great option if i want to fall asleep fast:D :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Dear oh Dear oh Dear oh Dear.......mr G.....what kind of thread is this....its up there with the goodnight thread...:rolleyes:
The title says it all really......:(

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jazz 16 said:
Dear oh Dear oh Dear oh Dear.......mr G.....what kind of thread is this....its up there with the goodnight thread...:rolleyes:
The title says it all really......:(

You don't surprise me in the least anymore ...... !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anderson's God said:
You don't surprise me in the least anymore ...... !
Neither do you Dave :D
what did you expect in all fairness? It could have been a lot worse....
Happy New Year to you:) be happy

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I agree with AG - why do we do it? Yelling at people who get more in one week than most of us in 20 years. And they do not even know you exist!

Synchronised swimming is another AGH!!!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
I agree with AG - why do we do it? Yelling at people who get more in one week than most of us in 20 years. And they do not even know you exist!
Synchronised swimming is another AGH!!!!

Well if RD thinks it really is stupid...........

then my faith is restored in the great game that is football..........;):D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
watching american football,is the worst! 1hour of 6 second plays and it only takes around 3 hours to complete. thank god for the DVR, i never hear a single word of commercials and i only slowdown for the hot cheerleaders.lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts