Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A ruddy good striker,like Ruud was,why he ever let him go god knows,I can see that if we dont get Berba then we are going to have a very lean season indeed.

·
Registered
573 Posts
yes i agree with you there pal, i still believe Berbatov is coming but if not then we could be in some trouble in the next few weeks

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
charles said:
A ruddy good striker,like Ruud was,why he ever let him go god knows,I can see that if we dont get Berba then we are going to have a very lean season indeed.
we let ruud go cause our playing style changed imo and it didnt suit him
and i think your right in what your saying tbh i think EVERYONE is saying that
and i think well get berbatov sooooonnn:)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
We let Ruud go for the better, however we need another majestic player in up-front or we might be in a bit of trouble.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Letting Ruud go was the right decision. His relationship with Fergie was beyond repair, and we were changing the way we were playing and Ruud didn't fit into that.

And the fact that we have won the League title the 2 seasons since hes left proves that.

However, right at this moment we need another striker. However, for various reasons, I don't think Berbatov is the right man. But we certainly need one, definitely. I actually think we could do with another winger, but a striker is a neccesity.

If we don't sign one, and things don't go well this season, I think Sir Alex needs to take the blame sadly.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
well SAF know this game very well & it true that he is using cut cost formula a lot lol dont know why

but if we are not getting someone and SAF is not in a hurry i think he is confident with Manucho to fill the gap we need let hope in the coming week we see him play for us.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
abojodeh said:
we can win the EPL easily Chel$ki will crash up soon
I disagree, i think Chelsea look the real deal this year (i hope I'm wrong though) and wihtout a stirker we won't win the Prem easily, maybe not even at all, because we really do lack a striker, an out and out strikr wh can get us 20 + goals a season, like a Ronaldo but a true forward :p

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
lol people panick real quick over everything it seems. Ever since ruud has left we have apparently needed this striker but in the last two years, we have won the english premiership TWICE and the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

I do however agree we need a striker but i dont think he has to be anything like hunterlaar at all, infact i think someone like an etoo would be much better. We need a goalscorer who fits united system too imo.

Yes ronaldos feats last year aint an easy thing to achieve but the season before he was world class too without scoring as many goals and we still won alot.

Aslong as the players we have in the squad right now are fit and able and on form for the season, we'll be great! :)

I do think having a fit saha would have been invaluable to us though, so different to the rest of out team, explosiv,strong etc.

BUT he was never fit, only has himself to blame.

pz

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
I disagree, i think Chelsea look the real deal this year (i hope I'm wrong though) and wihtout a stirker we won't win the Prem easily, maybe not even at all.
I agree.

If we slip up a few times early on, I can't see us winning the League. We've got to keep on their tails, and I actually think Chelsea will win the League unless we sign a striker.

We could do with a winger as well imo, but it doesn't look like we're going to have the time to sign two players.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
United_OG said:
infact i think someone like an etoo would be much better. We need a goalscorer who fits united system too imo.
I actually agree.

I think a quick, pacey goalscorer would be a lot better than a player like Huntelaar. But it doesn't look like we're signing one of them.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
manutd004 said:
I actually agree.

I think a quick, pacey goalscorer would be a lot better than a player like Huntelaar. But it doesn't look like we're signing one of them.
yup thats why i prefer benzema aswell...but benzema reminds me of a brazilian ronaldo alot with his style of play and ronaldo is my fav player of all time so i could be biased on that one but yup, i agree, quick pacey etc.

pz

·
Registered
126 Posts
Apparently Berbatov said "goodbye" to team mates and staff today.

Deal should be completed tomorrow.

This comes from a reliable source.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Win the Champions League and the Premier League and get off to an unbeaten start in the league and what do people do? - complain.
As for why Ruud left, there are many reasons. He had a poor attitude towards the end of his time, he was off form and he was stifling the movement of Rooney and especially Ronaldo. Since he left we have won the league twice and the Champions League. I'm not saying he isn't a great forward because he clearly is and has just won La Liga again but that is because he fits into Madrid's system.
Last year our strikers scored 42 goals between them - personally I think they'll score more this year.
Finally, everyone keeps saying we need a striker who scores 20 goals a season - last year Rooney got 18 and Tevez 19, not too bad really.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts